Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sorceress Rinoa VIII

5,550 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:14 pm
I would like to start another interesting topic.
Discuss the most difficult Square Enix boss battles in your opinion.
I will be more than happy to start the topic.
I think the Hell Wyrm in FFXII was pretty hard.
It took me a while to defeat him.
In FFX-2, Trema was pretty hard!
He kept attacking my party.
I have to admit he was pretty challenging.
So I discussed my opinion you can talk about some
of the hardest bosses I defeated, now you all can talk about yours.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:58 pm
The Hell Wyrm wasn't all that hard to me, it just took forever to kill him. All I did was berserk two of my characters and I controled the healer and stayed out of the fight. I had my gambits all good to heal slow, so it was just a very long battle to me...

The hardest boss that I can remember would have to be Lady Yunalesca...it was the first time I was fighting her way back in 2003 and I couldn't beat her! It took me forever to make up a strategy! O.O  

Nikki Rydia

Dr Lucrecia Crescent MD
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:30 am
Seymour Flux. The Seymour version you meet up in the mountains. MOST. ANNOYING. BOSS. EVER! Killed me uncountable times; I memorized the conversation in the end, and it.... gaah.....
Ended up with me leveling Yuna and the rest into absurdity, so when I eventually killed him off, I was so buffed the rest of the game proved to be no problem at all. sweatdrop

Here's a little reminder of the cutscene, for those curious: Feel the pain of remembering him!

Did anyone else have troubles with Seymour Flux, or was it just me?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:05 pm
Final Fantasy VIII Ultima Weapon. Lets just say, unless you did a limit break, you were taking like close to no damage on him.
Plus it didn't help he could take maximum damage, ya know? neutral  

The Real Raijin
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:03 pm
The Golem Twins.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:14 am
Doom Gaze in FFVI that really packs a punch with the LV5 Doom.  

Wandering_Terra

350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Mortiphasm

Fanatical Sage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:27 pm

Evrae. It took me four tries to kill that thing, and when I finally did, I was killed by those kicking machina in Bevelle and had to fight that stupid wyrm all over again.

Also, Cloud of Darkness in FFIII and Zeromus in FFIV made me throw my DS. Cloudy, 'cause you go through five bosses without saving to get to her and then she completely slaughters you, and Zeromus because my party was in their 90s and he still killed them all in a few hits. It's only because of Kain's jumping that I was able to beat him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:27 pm
@Mortiphasm: You're not the only one who had trouble with Evrae.
Evrae kept using poison breath on my party.
And the guards were pretty tough.
It took me 5 tries to beat that part.  

Sorceress Rinoa VIII

5,550 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Alma_Frostangel

Wistful Conversationalist

20,325 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:28 am
Dr Lucrecia Crescent MD
Seymour Flux. The Seymour version you meet up in the mountains. MOST. ANNOYING. BOSS. EVER! Killed me uncountable times; I memorized the conversation in the end, and it.... gaah.....
Ended up with me leveling Yuna and the rest into absurdity, so when I eventually killed him off, I was so buffed the rest of the game proved to be no problem at all. sweatdrop

Here's a little reminder of the cutscene, for those curious: Feel the pain of remembering him!

Did anyone else have troubles with Seymour Flux, or was it just me?
i think that was hard to. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:05 pm
@Alma: That battle frustrated me too.
He kept putting zombie status on my party.
He was pretty challenging in my opinion.
It was my least favorite battle in FFX.  

Sorceress Rinoa VIII

5,550 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Dr Lucrecia Crescent MD
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:06 pm
Thank goodness I'm not the only one, Alma and Rinoa. ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:21 am
I also had a hard time with Evrae and Flux. The machina gards afterwars are unfair! D;

Not as much but I also had a hard time fighting the Schizo dragon in the original VII (I think it's schizo... the fire and ice one?)

...Aaannnd Minerva on Crisis Core. After I figured out her pattern and got around all of her 1-hit kills, she was pretty easy, just time consuming...

And that one Bahamut fight were he's invincable to magic and sword... I just doged all of his attacks and let my DMW take care of him, even if it did take 4 hours... ;3  

mew Aeris
Vice Captain

Bloodstorm Revolution

Shy Noob

13,575 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:41 am
Nikki Rydia
The Hell Wyrm wasn't all that hard to me, it just took forever to kill him. All I did was berserk two of my characters and I controled the healer and stayed out of the fight. I had my gambits all good to heal slow, so it was just a very long battle to me...

The hardest boss that I can remember would have to be Lady Yunalesca...it was the first time I was fighting her way back in 2003 and I couldn't beat her! It took me forever to make up a strategy! O.O

Hell Wyrm i thought was easy also though i like your method better than mine... But i had excallibur by this point extra damage... yey ^^

Yiazmat i found quite hard and i have yet to challenge Omega he wouldn't fight me for some reason

oh and Gilgamesh part 2 had me screwed for a while until i just use Oil on Enkidu and burnt him to a crisp.

Oh my gosh yes!!! i just remembered that fight now...
I got sent to the slaughterhouse so many times in the end i made it to round 3 and had Yojimbo use Zanmato...

Evrae =
Dark Yojimbo I can beat him but i can only find him 4/5 times.. i chase him to the back of the cave and Tidus starts panting and yeah... I want to kill him so i can see Penance.

Seymour Flux... is that the one on Gagazet... damn that one pissed me off had to Yojimbo that one too... well actually i was too lazy to strategise.

also FF X-2 Angra Mainyu that thing is hard...
and that chaco thing... is it called Chaco? its a basilisk type and its in that lower bevelle place before Trema..

FF VIII - Omega weapon... Damn near impossible for me. ^^;
But then bosses level up with you on VIII so they can be pretty easy and skill limited depending. x.x

FF VI - In all honesty the hardest boss for me in this whole game is that flame eater in the burning house... ^^;

FF VII - Emerald weapon untill i discovered a way to make sure he does 1111 hp damage and have everyone go into lucky 7

FF IX - Ozma..... >.>  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:49 am
mew Aeris
I also had a hard time with Evrae and Flux. The machina gards afterwars are unfair! D;

Not as much but I also had a hard time fighting the Schizo dragon in the original VII (I think it's schizo... the fire and ice one?)

...Aaannnd Minerva on Crisis Core. After I figured out her pattern and got around all of her 1-hit kills, she was pretty easy, just time consuming...

And that one Bahamut fight were he's invincable to magic and sword... I just doged all of his attacks and let my DMW take care of him, even if it did take 4 hours... ;3

Aw you should have used Darkness materia.  

Bloodstorm Revolution

Shy Noob

13,575 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Inquisitor 200

mew Aeris
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:16 am
Screaming Nightshade
mew Aeris

Aw you should have used Darkness materia.

True...

just remembered another one... on IX, that serpent thing in Gizamaluke's Grotto.... ughhh....  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff