Submit

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:52 am
Although they lived in the same house it seemed almost as if it had been a small eternity since he'd last had a heart to heart of any sort with his mother. She had her duties and he had his and while they both served the same Lord... Things came up, didn't they?

Of course they did, especially with the recent growth spurt the West House had taken in the form of cubs along with the few recent adult additions. Izimbali, or Jing Xinli as he was also known now, had been left the task of seeing to it that everything stayed orderly; that the nannies kept the little ones out from under foot (something that sometimes seemed impossible), that all news was brought to Zahi as soon as it happened (although it would have been preferable if it was brought before it happened... if only), and that nothing got past him (he was getting better at that... really). In between all of that he'd also been practicing his courting when he had the spare moments to do so which left little time for checking in with family.

Those thoughts tugged at his mind as he made his way across the grounds in search of his mother, ears flattening with a tiny bit of shame. Akasha, of all people, would certainly understand being busy, right? Of course, but what would her thoughts be on all of the other things?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:00 pm
Her thoughts were a jumble. She was furious, or well, had been just minutes before. She rested near a tree that was just about decimated, at least on the trunk. Taking her anger out on it had been quite therapudic, as well as exhausting. She knew that she was supposed to learn from her mistake, but damn, she just felt like she was grounded. She was allowed out and about, but forbidden to go out near the borders. She had rughted up a stranger, and thoughthe lioness hadn't seemed hostile, one never knew if they were truly alone or just part of a group. Being protective of her home (or rather, wanting to prove herself to the Lord) had pushed her to a boundary she didn't think she herself would cross, but she did. And there was no going back. The Lady would never see her as calm and rational again, and even through her mental bitching Akasha had to agree.

So here she laid, sulking as her tail twitched angrily behind her, wonder just what the hell she was supposed to do to get off of this 'grounding.' She hadn't noticed that her son was looking for her, at least until he was almost here. Great, just what she needed to deal with; rationality.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:10 pm
His brow furrowed as he paused the moment he looked up from his thoughts to catch sight of his mother. It wasn't just a brief pause, but a complete halt of movement as he eyed the twitching tail coupled with the scowl. Suddenly he began to wonder if coming to see his mother today really was a good idea.

Then he recalled all of the times he'd faced a ruffled or angry Zahi; every time he'd come to the elder male bearing news that he hadn't wanted to hear. If he could face Zahi, certainly he could face his mother... Maybe.

He took a deep breath, willing his muscles to unlock as he released it slowly. Once he'd found his momentary peace of mind and body he stepped forward. "Mother..." His voice was so soft that it nearly startled him back into being anxious, a light clear of his throat solving that problem. "I didn't think I'd find you here, but..."

At that moment his eyes drifted away from his mother to the tree and he paused again, both brows lofting. "... Decided to take up gardening?"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:17 pm
Akasha couldn't help it. Whenever she saw him, she remembered being a lonely single mother with a little furball that just crawled all over her. Damn little boy, she would love him no matter what. And that irritated her, even if she didn't mind that kind of irrtation.

"If you consider this gardening," she commented, "then I'll be the professional gardener for the House." And at the rate she was going at, she would probably be greatful for that dirty job.

"I'm merely..." she paused, not sure if he knew of her error. It most likely wasn't common...wait, it would be. Because she just had to take the stranger to the Lady in an open setting, and gossip flew faster than flies. "...letting myself think," she commented, still choosing to avoid the direct problem at hand. She knew she had lost her chance at being Captain, especially when she was the best suited for it out of everyone in the House.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:40 pm
"It was either that or you're interested in trying your hand at joining the artisans. I've heard some of them are rather good with their claws when it comes to wood carving..." He chuckled softly, the sound every bit as warm as the soft smile curving his mouth as he leaned down to lightly but his head against hers in an affectionate greeting.

"You really shouldn't over-think things, you know. It doesn't tend to get us anywhere. I mean... Just imagine where we'd be if you had let yourself think about whether or not we were really going to come here?" His smile turned into a bit of a grin and, for a moment, he hoped that he was helping at least a little. "There could be worse things, don't you think?"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:54 pm
Pfft. She couldn't help but smile when he nudged her, but it soured into a scowl. "I think the only thing worse for me right now is being a nanny." Akasha didn't do well with children, but then, she was in such a sour mood that nothing sounded too pleasing right now.

She sighed. "I really blew it, kid. With one little mistake, the title of Captain slipped right through my stupid paws." She beat her tail against the ground, but it didn't carry the same anger in it as it did just moment before. Ironic that she didn't really start to think about and analyze what she did until her kid came around. It was his fault that her mind was clearing up so much at the moment.

She hated it, but then it wasn't much fun being a big ball of rage, either.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:09 pm
"Come, now, Mother... You aren't all that bad with cubs. I mean, I turned out alright, didn't I?" Again with that warm laughter, only this time the light of it managed to make it to his eyes, dancing for a moment only to fade as their conversation returned to seriousness. Things were always so serious... At least he'd come to accept that there was a time and need for such things.

"As bad as it might seem now, would you really want to spend more time with Lord Zahi than absolutely necessary? Oh, I know the title sounds impressive and you've wanted to impress him since we got here, but..." He let his eyes drift down to his mother for a moment before he shifted so that he could plop down beside her, letting his head rest lightly against her paws. "For a while you were the only guard this house had besides the Lord himself. Don't you think that maybe, just maybe, the Royal Guard might benefit more from having you directly amongst their ranks? Instead of always running off to report some inane detail to our Lord?"

He paused for a moment after that before adding on in afterthought. "Besides, there's always that thought of being the one to keep the Captain on his, or her, toes... Letting them know that no matter what you're keeping an eye on them because you have expectations that they have to live up to and, if they don't?" He shrugged. "Maybe the Lord and Lady will change their mind and you'll find it in your paws again."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:05 pm
"Hmph." Damn it. She knew it. Stupid kid was too rational for his own good. Akasha had always been competitive with her siblings, and it had carried over when she had butted heads with the Lord. She wanted to prove that she, especially as a female, could be just as good if not better than him. Lords were to sit there and get fat, and she was going to run around him. That wasn't going to happen now. And honestly? The Lord wasn't the type to get fat. He was always going to butt in, his huge ego following him everywhere.

"Stop making sense," she grunted, but it did make sense. She just hoped that it wouldn't be a male in that situation. But on second thought....she didn't want a certain other royal guard their either.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:23 pm
"I only make sense when it comes to this sort of thing... Rationalizing the way things work within the House, trying to keep it all sorted out. There are a lot of things I can't make heads or tails of, you know." He closed his eyes, relaxing just a little bit more as he continued on. "Love, for example. It does all sorts of crazy things to people... I don't understand that one bit, and yet it seems to happen around us every day. Unless the recent surge of little paws is a direct result of lust, in which case some people need to understand restraint just a little bit more..."

Not that he was currently one to talk about exhibiting any sort of restraint when it came to such 'foolish notions'... But he was fairly certain that hadn't ventured all that far beyond his conversations with Rangi, unless she was prone to gossip with the Lady and the other Lady in Waiting.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:36 pm
Ugh. Okay, he ruined it right there. She didn't care for this notion of love. Not the sort that he was talking about. Love for a kid was more special and different than for something else. Something a little more equal. Akasha had never really thought on an equal level, and she probably never would, either. It was a strong, stubborn characteristic.

"Well, it certainly wasn't love that made you," she snorted, wondering if it would make him uncomfortable. She was his mother. "It was more of a curiosity. I certainly bit off more than I could chew at that point." Especially as a stubborn, hotheaded adolescent. Now she was just a stubborn, hotheaded adult.

"I don't think you could make sense of the concept of love even if you chased it for the rest of your life. Might be best to avoid that thinking," she advised him. She had never seen it ruin anyway, but it wasn't a secret to her and a couple other higher lions in the household of what the Lord and Lady's relationship was like. If that complicated jarble of junk was love, she didn't want any of it.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:05 pm
"I would have liked to have thought that if love was what made me you might have told me a bit more about him... Or that he would have stuck around. As it is, I think we did well, you and I." He nodded slowly, paying little mind that they were having a conversation that alluded to his mother having some form of relations. He hadn't been delivered by some exotic bird, after all. It had to have happened somehow.

"In that case, I suppose I can give you what you want and stop making sense. For the moment, at least." He couldn't help but chuckle at that, eyes still closed and a somewhat silly smile replacing his generally smart one. "It's rather hard to avoid when you find yourself stumbling into it... Not that I'd expect you to fall prey to that sort of thing. You're far too smart to be taken in by that, aren't you, mother?"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:21 pm
What.

No.

"What?" That was all she could say at first. She completely disregarded his first comments, as before she could really think of something to reply with he had slipped out his other comments.

No way.

"Oh god, Mbali, are you falling in love?" She couldn't help but gag at that. Her poor son, corrupted! And she wouldn't blame it on the female, no. It was just that stupid sense that lulled him into it! Bah! "Doomed! My son is dooooomed." She rolled around, half in fun, and honestly, half in horror.

She was not going to be a grandmother, damn it. She was not that old. She had to be old and grey and worthless to be a grandmother.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:33 pm
"Mother..." He said hesitantly at first, body tensing as he prepared himself to run... Or at least be prepared for whatever swipe she might take at him. What he hadn't expected, and what soon had him completely baffled, was her gagging motion followed by the rolling.

Eyes wide he sprang back, watching her from a short distance before slowly creeping back towards her. He almost felt like a cub again; a hard feat given how quickly he'd 'grown up' once he'd had responsibilities handed over to him. "Mother, really. Isn't 'doomed' a bit much? Honestly, I'd expected 'cursed' to be the first thing to come out of your mouth... Maybe asking me if I was out of my mind, but doomed?"

His ears fell flat again as he felt a small wave of anxiousness creeping back over him. If this was how she reacted to that... "I think so. I mean, if that's what it is to enjoy someone's company and to miss them when your schedules don't exactly line up all of the time... I just... She's very nice. You'd probably hate her, or think she wasn't good enough... Or maybe you'd surprise me and she'd surprise you..."

Rambling wasn't his strong suit. Not at all.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:44 pm
Akasha laughed. Oh, she was still horrified, but they way he lost his composure was too much for her. She rolled on her back, doing her best to pace her breathing while she calmed herself down.

Okay, now that she was somewhat sane again, she decided that she needed to clarify a bit.

"Oh, nononono. It's certainly not this girl's fault. She's probably just as vulnerable as you are. It's that something else, that need, that gross just, eck! I can't even go into it." She felt like she was an adolescent again, just thinking about all of it!

"You're doomed with the little brats come. They'll drive you nuts, and you'll be lucky if I don't skin ya," she shook a paw at him with an exposed claw. "Cause I am waaaaay to young to be a damn grandma. By the way, they are not calling me grandma. And don't you dare start to say that they ain't coming, because I know how these things work. I made you, didn't I?" She devilishly gave him a wink at the end of her little speech.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:49 am
"And what would you have them call you then, Mother?" His brow lofted slightly, head tilting to the side as he watched her, still cautious although not nearly as frightened as he had been before. As a matter of fact, it was almost nice how they could settle right back into the conversation, even despite her extended claw and whatever it was that look she was giving him meant.

"You certainly aren't the Nanny type. Just Akasha, then? You really don't want to leave this up to the thoughts of children, you know. They can come up with all sorts of things on their own."

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff