Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:18 pm
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100119/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_military_weapons_bible_passages  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:37 pm
That's awesome.  

Tier One OPERATOR

OO23OO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:26 am
Wow. As an atheist I have no problem with it, I think it's pretty bad a** actually.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:47 am
So the tiny hidden letters have been there for 30+ years and now people are starting to make a big deal out of it? I agree the above in saying THAT'S COOL  

Man of the Demoneye

Tier One OPERATOR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:47 am
Man of the Demoneye
So the tiny hidden letters have been there for 30+ years and now people are starting to make a big deal out of it? I agree the above in saying THAT'S COOL
This is why militant atheista piss me off more than evangelicals.

I now want an engraving of ISH6:8 on an Accupoint when I build my rifle.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:40 pm
There are much more awesome potential bible verses that could have been put there.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:34 pm
I could see how this would be a problem if the verses were printed on the lens in such a way that it obscured vision, but if it's on the housing or something get the ******** over it. Cover it with whiteout or a sharpie or something.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:41 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
I could see how this would be a problem if the verses were printed on the lens in such a way that it obscured vision, but if it's on the housing or something get the ******** over it. Cover it with whiteout or a sharpie or something.
It's not even the actual verse, it's the book name and line/verse numbers.

I can kind of sympathize with them in one way. They're fighting a holy war here. If they have evidence that we are too, no matter how thin, then they'll become all that more persuasive in their PR campaigns. This war isn't just about the soldiers, it's about the civilians, too. It's best we keep them civilians; we don't need to be recruiting for the other side.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Shrantic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:31 pm
Here's another article about it on a much cooler site.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:52 pm
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser

I can kind of sympathize with them in one way. They're fighting a holy war here. If they have evidence that we are too, no matter how thin, then they'll become all that more persuasive in their PR campaigns. This war isn't just about the soldiers, it's about the civilians, too. It's best we keep them civilians; we don't need to be recruiting for the other side.
At some point, you've got to make a stand. And that point hasn't been raised at all, apparently. It's just about atheist militants Freaking out that the government is spending money on something vaguely religious. It's by the same people who want to take "In God we trust" off of our money. Not a strategic move.  

Tier One OPERATOR

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:54 pm
Fresnel
There are much more awesome potential bible verses that could have been put there.

Agreed. Though wasn't that done by a company specializing in self-illuminating sights? In that case, passages about light make a lot of sense. But still, they could have gone with cooler ones.

I'm kind of surprised anyone even noticed this on the guns...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:09 pm
Now I want an ACOG with "REV6:3-4" engraved on it. Oh, the irony.

Cookie to whoever knows what that verse is about.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:20 pm
Horrified Survivor
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser

At some point, you've got to make a stand. And that point hasn't been raised at all, apparently. It's just about atheist militants Freaking out that the government is spending money on something vaguely religious. It's by the same people who want to take "In God we trust" off of our money. Not a strategic move.
Oh yeah, like the cost changes any if you take six engraved characters of the side of a five-hundred-dollar ACOG. The Taliban is already trying to convince the world that we're fighting a holy war. This is just giving them ammunition.

@Requiem: Why am I thinking "THOU SHALT NOT KILL"?

ETA: Nope, that's Genesis. Would still be hilarious though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:15 pm
Fresnel
Horrified Survivor
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser

Oh yeah, like the cost changes any if you take six engraved characters of the side of a five-hundred-dollar ACOG. The Taliban is already trying to convince the world that we're fighting a holy war. This is just giving them ammunition.

@Requiem: Why am I thinking "THOU SHALT NOT KILL"?

ETA: Nope, that's Genesis. Would still be hilarious though.
Actually, that would be funny as Hell. But no. It's a quote from Revelations, and it's about war. That's the only hint I'll give.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:36 am
And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see. And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff