Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Do Knights really work in the Sailor Moon setting?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lightsenshi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:01 am
I was wondering this particular detail because most games that I've run across tend to flop with male heroes tossed into the mix. Is it because Mamoru is such a wuss or is there more to it than that or is it something else entirely?

Opinions? Thoughts? Comments? Flames? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:01 pm
Actually the anime did Mamoru wrong really. *bunch of guys made it.*

But really... I don't think Knights would work all that welll.

It's a show that's more about 'girl power' then anything.

it's more of to match up the senshi with their male counterparts usually or just to see what would happen.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Athena_Wiley

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:44 pm
I agree with Luamervara about the male counter parts. They can also be used to augment the girls power.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:10 pm
Knights make good shields, and then you can give the main attacks to the senshi. Maybe I'll type up my essay with possible differences between knights and senshi next year.  

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

64,025 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100

Syndrama

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:22 am
Actually.... Knights are canon. Read Code Name wa Sailor V. Adonis was a Soldier of Venus and used his psychic card powers as Ace Kaitou or Saitou Ace. Endymion was a Soldier/Prince of Earth and uses his psychic terrakenetic (Earth sensory) powers as Tuxedo Kamen, and even as Mamoru.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:12 am
NO  

Arriel

lightsenshi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:26 am
Arriel
NO

Care to share you thoughts with us as to why?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:55 am
I haven't had the chance to test out my Knight character in an RP yet, but I have a general sense of how he fits in. The Senshi are the main powers of the battles, and the main focus of the non-combat portions of the stories. In battle, I act as support, tossing the occaisional attack, deflecting enemy attacks, and generally inspiring the senshi to greater heights. Outside of the fighting, where all the really important stuff happens, I'm the companion of one of the Senshi, and a friend and supporter for the others. I also provide creative ideas when they are in short supply.

Support roles are generally avoided by RP'ers, and being forced into those roles may generate resentment. I'm fine with it, though, so I think I can pull it off.

A Knight is only as good as the person who plays them, and only as useful as the player is determined to play well.  

Redford Blade

Mystic Fire-rose Maiden

Distinct Gaian

1,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:55 pm
I agree with Redford Blade, supporting charater are important. In stories placings, as well as real life. Most girls need the support of the ones they love in order to do things that are important, or to over come problems they themselves can't see. With the help of their loved ones, the sensei can grew far past what they believe they can be.

Personally, I can do both support and lead, but I don't always like to be in the spot light, that is why I tend to go for support because I can be a shoulder to cry on, or give good advise, from my personal experience, I can help others, and I like to make people laugh, too.

(crosses her eyes and spins in a circle for the sear joy of it all. Yes, I know I what I am. stare razz )  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:15 pm
One of the major problms I always have in recruiting for my RPs:

"Can I be Sailor Moon?!?!?!!? XD"

Never "Can I kill Sailor Moon?" or "Can I HELP Sailor Moon?" Always "I wanna be Usagi!" sweatdrop Main characters are overrated really.... They don't even really understand Sailormoon as a series if all they want to play is Usagi.... she's nothing without her friends, she even admits it. And a roleplay is nothing without a person trying to destroy Serenity and or unleash Chaos on the world. 3nodding I prefer to play the supporters and the villains in an RP. ^-^  

Syndrama

lightsenshi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:27 pm
kyrana kirri
One of the major problms I always have in recruiting for my RPs:

"Can I be Sailor Moon?!?!?!!? XD"

Never "Can I kill Sailor Moon?" or "Can I HELP Sailor Moon?" Always "I wanna be Usagi!" sweatdrop Main characters are overrated really.... They don't even really understand Sailormoon as a series if all they want to play is Usagi.... she's nothing without her friends, she even admits it. And a roleplay is nothing without a person trying to destroy Serenity and or unleash Chaos on the world. 3nodding I prefer to play the supporters and the villains in an RP. ^-^

Not me. I'd rather play a supporting character of a senshi. Usagi is too much of a twit for my liking.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:40 pm
Lol, I know how that is. In my rpg I killed Usagi off (for a reason) and there was a baka that asked to play her...

It's really hard to get supporting players- everyone wants to be the lead but without the supporters the Lead character is ....boring...

That's why I'm in my ' I wanna kill them! Bwahahahaha!' mood now. =D  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Aki Ameko

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:29 pm
Well, in my RP I treat Knights the same as Senshi. They have their own planet to protect and everything. Knights are just 'guy senshi' to me. I've had a fair amount of Knights in my guild. (Well, one really active one and one really active non-knight guy that's kind of becoming a knight... xd )

As for 'I wanna be Usagi!!1one', I've had a few of those. I haven't let ANYONE in my guild play as any of the original, except for Endymion, which is also played by my active knight. I play as Serenity, but only because I'm head of the guild. I've given her a rather mature demeanor as well. You'd never guess she was the same person. xd I think I've pretty much decided that I'll be playing the original senshi as they're needed... *ramble*  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:28 am
Maybe I'm just a little out of the loop, but where are these Knight ideas coming from? Are they actually part of Naoko-sensei's original work?  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

lightsenshi

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:26 am
Rush_Hardroc
Maybe I'm just a little out of the loop, but where are these Knight ideas coming from? Are they actually part of Naoko-sensei's original work?

Check the fifth post of the thread. 3nodding  
Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff