Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:17 pm

Is this movie a furry movie?

Although the Na'vi don't actually have fur... the blue is their actual skin color... they do look like felines. They have a nose and ears like a big cat, they have a tail of a lion, fangs, and a body built like a cheetah. It's obvious that they evolved from some sort of feline.

So, would that make them like a furry?

I am a bit surprised more furries don't see this movie as like the furries wet dream, the ability to "become" a cat-like alien. You could use the Avatar equipment and substitute whatever anthromorphic body you wanted, and be able to control and become that body.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:42 pm
Psycho Lee
You could use the Avatar equipment and substitute whatever anthromorphic body you wanted, and be able to control and become that body.
you have a really, really good point there eek  

Lunatyk5

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:51 pm
Since I do not personally call anthropomorphic characters "furries" and retain that term for the member of the Furry fandom, I would not call the Na'vi furries. However, they are indeed an fantasy creatures that resemble humanoid felines and could be considered anthropomorphic. In that regard they fit well with what this fandom centers around.

Going by how others use the term "furry," as a reference to any anthropomorphic animal, I could see them called that as well.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Look guys and gals, I found more furries!
...Also, apple species!

Just kidding, but I agree with Selene. They fit in sorta maybe because they're anthropomorphic.  

Garek Maxwell

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:09 pm
Garek Maxwell
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Look guys and gals, I found more furries!
...Also, apple species!

Just kidding, but I agree with Selene. They fit in sorta maybe because they're anthropomorphic.

Foody. razz  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:39 pm
I think they are borderline anthropomorphic. It's just an all-around amazing movie, so I recommend everyone see it regardless.  

Dystopia Lycanthropia

Shakeidas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:48 pm
Eh, I tend to think of them more as aliens than furries. And I didn't really make the feline/Na'vi connection until someone else mentioned it. I would've said "space elves" or "lizard monkeys" instead.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:54 pm
Actually, the terrans were the aliens in this movie.  

Selene Aries

CodyDudeTm

Desirable Fatcat

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Champion 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:11 pm
It was pretty awesome altogether, but you have a point :3  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:15 pm
I want to say they're not furries just because I really, really, really, really, really dig aliens.
Is there a name for that? Like furries, but instead of animals, you like aliens?

Regardless, I haven't seen it, can't see it, don't know much about it, and honestly don't care enough to see it.

Atlaas

stickfanatic

Fashionable Streaker

5,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:58 pm
I care not, I'm just content with watching the movie until my eyes bleed from overexposure to pure win. :3  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:35 pm
Psycho Lee

Is this movie a furry movie?

Although the Na'vi don't actually have fur... the blue is their actual skin color... they do look like felines. They have a nose and ears like a big cat, they have a tail of a lion, fangs, and a body built like a cheetah. It's obvious that they evolved from some sort of feline.

So, would that make them like a furry?

I am a bit surprised more furries don't see this movie as like the furries wet dream, the ability to "become" a cat-like alien. You could use the Avatar equipment and substitute whatever anthromorphic body you wanted, and be able to control and become that body.

I personally agree with you but I think the Navi will be a group all their own.  

Twotone Soul

Twotone Soul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:36 pm
stickfanatic
I care not, I'm just content with watching the movie until my eyes bleed from overexposure to pure win. :3

To true, that movie was epic xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:47 pm
Atlaas
I want to say they're not furries just because I really, really, really, really, really dig aliens.
Is there a name for that? Like furries, but instead of animals, you like aliens?

Regardless, I haven't seen it, can't see it, don't know much about it, and honestly don't care enough to see it.

I am not sure what you guys are classifying as alien versus anything else. Far as I am concerned, any furry character is as much an alien as the Na'vi are.

The movie falls under the sci-fi genre and Furry is just one of many fandoms that fall under the larger umbrella that is the Sci-fi fandom. The Pandoran people known as the Na'vi would be classified fantasy creatures and anthropomorphic. They an obvious non-human species, but are humanoid and have features that resemble that of known animals.

While they do not have fur, per say, the furry fandom is made up a lot more than fur covered critters. It is very common to see a variety of fantasy, mythological and even alien creatures presented.  

Selene Aries

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:59 pm
Atlaas

Raƫlians! biggrin

Or Trekkies, I suppose.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas