Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Square Enix Cosplayers Guild

Back to Guilds

Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts, Cosplay, Chat, Gatherings, Roleplaying and Info 

Tags: Cosplay, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Convention, Game 

Reply Cosplays! (Tips, pictures, WIPs)
Lu's cosplay thread (ideas more than welcome)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dr Lucrecia Crescent MD
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:37 pm
Okay, this thread will contain a little bit of everything. ^^ I would love to hear different ideas from you for future cosplays for me, and get tips and ideas on how to improve the ones I have already done! ^^

Current projects

§ Revamping my Aerith Gainsborough cosplay
    § Find a new cosplay to start working on

Aerith Gainsborough

This is my version of the famous flower girl from the FFVII game~ I am doing the FFAC version, since there are better references for that one and I like the look of it better, without those bulky shoulderpads and the steel armlets. But I am going to revamp this, and need your opinions on it! biggrin
I also do have a wallmarket dress in my possession, but haven't tried it on as a cosplay yet. ^^;

User Image

This picture was taken about a year ago. First cosplay ever, first skit ever. xD (Tifa's blond, fyi. She dyed her hair and is very sad about it). I do not have a better picture at the moment (the other one, taken last summer, is awful but can be found. xD). What has been added is this wig I am so in love with:

User Image

My current concern though is.... to cut or not to cut the fringe of the wig. I am not experienced in wig cutting - this is the first one I've ever owned. So I'm afraid to ruin it. ^^; But it does look a tad bit odd. *concerned* Opinions, please? On the rest of the cosplay as well. ^^ Would be very much appreciated. biggrin

(Also, I need better flowers than the tulips I currently have, and finding plastic flowers that looks like Aerith's flowers here in Sweden is a pain in the.... Does anyone know where I can find good flowers for a nice price?)

New projects

Oh, I dunno about this... Ideas would be very much appreciated!

I'm currently going to work on one of Mlle Blanche de Glace from Bioshock 2, because I'm low on funds and that cosplay is real simple to do. ^^ But I am considering creating one of Lucrecia Crescent as well, since... well, shame on me if I don't, huh? xD  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:08 pm
Wow Your cosplay looks really good!
i am going to be doing Aerith from crisis core's outfit this year (my first time i will try cosplaying)
but i am looking forward to it and ill even put pics up if you want me to show you (thats is when i have made it, but i dont think ill get it so perfect like yours)

What other kind of people do you like, or would you like to be?

Lucrecia Crescent would be a great one to be, she is simple yet awesome looking :3

i had a few choices to think about so that way if i couldnt find stuff for Aerith i was yuna or Sakura from tsubasa, but i thought i would have to cut my hair for them and it is my first time so i dont want it to be hard lol

Is the fringe to long for you? (on the wig i mean)

Sorry i dont know where to find good flowers yet (i am still trying to get everything i need as well) but ill keep a look out and tell if i find any :3

qtest_lil_angel

Crew

Mythical Seeker

Dr Lucrecia Crescent MD
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:47 pm
Why, thank you for your kind words!! And good luck with your Crisis Core outfit! It will be interesting to see how it goes for you with it! biggrin

I have considered a lot of people, from Gwendolyn (Odin Sphere) in the dress, to Rena Ryuugu from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, as well as Amy from Soul Calibur, Lulu from FFX..... and I badly want to create a cosplay of Beatrix from FFIX.....!! ...... ah, the list is long. ^^; I do my research before chosing a character, so I'm open to all kind of suggestions!

Yup, Lucrecia is great - I think the hardest thing with her will be to style my hair/a wig to look like hers. I am still not sure how to solve it. But I am looking forward to doing an attempt. ^^

Yes, the Fringe is a tad bit too long. It goes almost all the way down to my chin. So I don't know how to solve it really. It'd be scary to cut it, since I have no idea what I'm doing. But then again, it might be my only choice to make it look more acurate.

I'll make sure to keep you updated as well if I find out any good tips on where to find materials for your cosplay! biggrin Good luck~  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:45 pm
by the fringe... do you mean the bangs?  

mew Aeris
Vice Captain

Dr Lucrecia Crescent MD
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:35 am
Yup. The bangs. My English is half decent at times. ^^;  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:39 pm
Dr Lucrecia Crescent MD
Yup. The bangs. My English is half decent at times. ^^;

It's okay! I think your English is great!!! I was just confused, but becase of my own fault.

But as for the bangs, they are a little long. What you can do is clip just a little, little, tiny bit at a time until you think it's good. Better yet, have someone wear the wig while you clip it. Wig heads are smaller than a real person's head, so you want to keep putting it on to make sure you don't clip it too much.  

mew Aeris
Vice Captain

Cosplays! (Tips, pictures, WIPs)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces