Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Animal Lovers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all animal lovers and pet owners 

Tags: animal lovers, pets, animals, cats birds dogs fish reptile, official animal lovers guild 

Reply Main Forum
reptile help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:56 pm
its a which one should i get question

now this isnt for soon and its only in the thinking stages still, havent even talked to the fiance about it yet. but which should i get as my larger lizard? after doing more research i dont think iggies are for me. but im thinking i should get either a beardy or a frilled dragon. i know frilleds are a bit wild acting but i know that if you spend enough time with them they will have the same docile and doggy personality as a beardy.

for the good things about beardies
ive had one before but i still need to touch up on my care know how since she was my first reptile and ive learned so much since then.
they are easy to find.
dont need alot lot lot lot of space.
tame down fast.
and there is alot of information about them out there and nearly all reptile vets know how to care for one

as for the frilled dragon
they are hard to find.
not alot of information on them and not many people know what they are.
need decent sized enclosures.
are awesome.
are super cute.
and have a freaking frill xd

now yes, i know the easier option would be to get a beardy, but a frilled dragon is a frilled dragon. and sadly no, i dont have enough room to get both and eventually get my rtb

also it probably wont be until after we have our first kid. the thing hasnt even been concieved yet and its already getitng in the way of my plans lol of course i mean that with love. we are probably going to have the kid sooner than we origonaly planned because i would like to have the kid before the fiance is 32. now i have to wonder if havig a kid is like having a pet. both are kept in cages of some sort, you can put a kid on a leash, they need to be taken on walks...... well you see where im going with this  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:10 pm
I've always kinda wanted a blue tongued skink.

Though for you I vote frilled.  

Akiska

Foofy_Miru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:10 am
Oooh, BTS are awesome. If you haven't looked at them, do it. Like, now. Lol. They have the potential to be sweet little puppy dog lizards, and they're pretty easy to care for. Here's some good reading material for Blue Tongue Skinks: http://bluetongueskinks.net/

Anyway, I'm tempted to say Bearded Dragon simply because they ARE easier to care for and find. Not to mention easier to house. Frillies need BIG enclosures! A beardie, on the other hand, would be content in a 75 gallon for its whole life.

Some reading material for beardies: http://beautifuldragons.com and http://beardeddragon.org

Some reading material for frillies: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77742 and http://www.thefrilleddragon.com/index.php

I'd probably go for the Frillie, myself.. If not a Blue Tongue Skink, but I love those fat buggers!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:00 am
skinks are already on my to get list lol. ive seen some pictures of some all black ones and they look fantastic

and thanks for the links, foofy  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Sarahmooo
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:18 pm
Oooh!
Beardie!
I love my Beardie.
They're really great.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:55 pm
get a beardie there awsome  

Ryuna_08

Rattie Virginia

10,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:56 pm
Beardies are so cute. heart My vote is for that.

Frilled lizards are very cool looking! I admit I've never had any experience with one, but I really suspect they'd be a challenging pet.
Blue-tongued skinks are indeed awesome as well. The only one I ever knew was pretty cool. But my vote would still be for a cute little bearded dragon. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:31 am
ill probably end up with the beardy since they basicly come pre trained to love people and i think the fiance would enjoy that more. he needs a reptile that will love him back. he is getting fed up with our picky, nippy baby milk snake lol

in other news we are going to try upgrading out baby to a much larger tank since he was wild caught so maybe that will help him feel more comfortable. recently he has doubled his efforts to escape lol  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

PythonHandler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:16 pm
I'd personally go with a bearded dragon, they're more friendly. My boyfriend owned one, and he was the cutest little guy, he would sleep on his shoulder all the time while my man was on the computer.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:01 am
RianeBP
I'd personally go with a bearded dragon, they're more friendly. My boyfriend owned one, and he was the cutest little guy, he would sleep on his shoulder all the time while my man was on the computer.

they are very friendly and easy to train. i could have my old one out and about and sleep in my bed with me sometimes. i think she enjoyed the extra body head afte all her lights were turned off lol  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items