Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Monster Hunter Frontier to debut on Xbox 360

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cybylt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:34 am
The secret Capcom X Microsoft ads that have been posted by the company have now brought the reveal!

FRONTIER 360

Article on subject  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:09 am
Wow, that was the big reveal? I'm kinda disappointed.  

Haratio TaFotter

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:24 am
Change the title please, I thought it was something epic like a Vs Series fighter with Ryu/Chun-Li fighting Master Chief/Sheperd. Even an epic rpg like CAPCOM x NAMCO.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:12 am
Have you not played Monster Hunter? It's one of the best games ever created and it being on the 360 shows hope for more US releases.  

Cybylt

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:49 pm
Cybylt
Have you not played Monster Hunter? It's one of the best games ever created and it being on the 360 shows hope for more US releases.

No I haven't, but, like Kunx, I was expecting a Vs. fighting game, not this. I'm a little disappointed, as I was already looking forward to the Monster Hunter game coming to the Wii.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:58 pm
Microsoft probably saw what Tri did for the Wii's sales (94,000 consoles in a week) and wanted to get that for themselves in Japan.  

Cybylt

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:03 pm
A possibility, but I don't think its likely. Monster Hunter is on a ton of consoles now, and given the Xbox's not so great track record in Japan, why would they push for a Monster Hunter game when everyone has played in consoles they prefer? I don't know, it could change things, but I doubt it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:29 pm
Wii was the country's most popular console and Tri was able to get it those kinds of sales. Monster Hunter's more popular Final Fantasy and Pokemon put together out there. They have camping trip/seminars to get people playing together on a regular basis and I heard at one point that Capcom even owns a hotel just for people getting together to play the game. Like the London Gathering Hall but bigger and it never closed.

It's going to sell tons of 360s, particularly when it comes to the market of people who want the game but not a gaming PC.  

Cybylt

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:28 pm
PSP Monster Hunter is better anyway.

Although Ryu vs MC would be fun.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:08 pm
The game with less than half of the content and no full online is better?  

Cybylt

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:27 am
Unless you've found valid info somewhere that says that microsoft cut a deal over this game, then don't think it has to do with them.

I was most likely just Capcom wanting to make even more money off of the series.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games