Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
I need to choose a rifle for a military RP guild. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Variola Major

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:50 am
It takes place in a fictional nation based off of Australia, but colonized by the "Germans" instead of the "British". If Australia is badass and Germany is badass, would not combining the two be twice as badass? Anyway, I must choose a rifle to equip the military. I want to use mostly German, Australian, Austrian, and Swiss gear (The guild is based off of Australia with heavy German influence, and Austria and Switzerland speak German or have significant German speaking populations. Erefore, gear from all four nations is permitted.). That leaves me with the following weapons to choose from:

Steyr AUG - Austria and Australia
G36 - Germany
SG 550 - Switzerland

So, which should I pick? The Steyr AUG is attractive because it's always been a good weapon, and very popular, and it's in service with Australia, the nation this guild is based off of. Then again, this guild is heavily German as well, and the G36 is a pretty good weapon if you can get past it's incredibly ugly carrying handle. Yet we also have the SG 550, one of the finest implements of battle ever devised, and a wonderful weapon I'd be glad to have. It is my favourite military rifle, after all.

Also, regardless of what rifle infantry gets, I want to give the Tavor to pilots so that they have some real firepower to rely on for self defence if their plane/helicopter gets shot down. The Tavor is very compact, yet it's as accurate as an M4, and although it's not an Australian or German design, I'm willing to use some foreign equipment (especially in the Navy and Air Force). I just don't want to use so much that it ruins the Australian/German feel of the guild. Is this a good idea?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:51 pm
I have always hated the look of the steyr. So thats out the window right away in my consideration. Between the G36 and the SG 550. my vote is for the SG 550.  

war_junky 91

Variola Major

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:00 pm
war_junky 91
I have always hated the look of the steyr. So thats out the window right away in my consideration. Between the G36 and the SG 550. my vote is for the SG 550.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Poll added.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:18 pm
war_junky 91
What he said, plus ******** the AUG. The G36 is cool and all, but I like the SG better. Of course, it does depends on the former colony's connection to the fatherland.  

Tier One OPERATOR

Variola Major

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:20 pm
Horrified Survivor
war_junky 91
What he said, plus ******** the AUG. The G36 is cool and all, but I like the SG better. Of course, it does depends on the former colony's connection to the fatherland.
The former colony enjoys a very good relationship with Der Vaterland, so that should make getting German equipment somewhat easy. Though, to tell the truth, the SG 550 is pretty much my favourite modern day rifle.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:40 pm
Teetonka
Horrified Survivor
war_junky 91
The former colony enjoys a very good relationship with Der Vaterland, so that should make getting German equipment somewhat easy. Though, to tell the truth, the SG 550 is pretty much my favourite modern day rifle.
I meant for trade relations. H an K may get some favor there.

The Tavor probably wouldn't happen. Israel's keeping hands on that baby. Look at the MP7- that is what it was made for.  

Tier One OPERATOR

The Mercenary Rp

Aged Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:42 pm
G36C is better by my opinion and i dislike the Styer's looks and its effectiveness  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:51 pm
Horrified Survivor
Teetonka
Horrified Survivor
war_junky 91

The Tavor probably wouldn't happen. Israel's keeping hands on that baby. Look at the MP7- that is what it was made for.
Well, this is an alternate world, so I may be able to think of a way to get Israel to sell the Tavor. As for the MP7, I like the idea of a compact rifle like the Tavor a little better than I do the idea of a PDW.  

Variola Major

Variola Major

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:55 pm
mercenary_RP
G36C is better by my opinion and i dislike the Styer's looks and its effectiveness
The C is a carbine. I understand what carbines are for, and I intend to hand out either the G36C or SG 551 (it looks like the SG 551 at the moment), but I personally prefer full sized rifles.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Teetonka
Horrified Survivor
Teetonka
Horrified Survivor
war_junky 91

Well, this is an alternate world, so I may be able to think of a way to get Israel to sell the Tavor. As for the MP7, I like the idea of a compact rifle like the Tavor a little better than I do the idea of a PDW.
True. But don't do the mw2 thing- run out of reason so the soviet paras pack TARs.
A G36C is a German compact assault rifle, and shorter versions of the AUG A3 are like the Tavor in that they're a compact bullpup  

Tier One OPERATOR

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:16 pm
I think I'm gonna actually go with the G36 on this one. The dual-optic sight system, the C/K models, the availability of a C-Mag... It's really down to the gimmicks, and the G36 has better gimmicks.

ETA: Also ******** the AUG AND the Tavor. They're both ********.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:20 pm
I love the AUG, but only because they are balanced PERFECTLY. Other than that, I dunno how they preform, so I reluctantly choose the G36.

The hell is wrong with an M14 or HK416, by the way?  

Shrantic

Tier One OPERATOR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:31 pm
Fresnel
I think I'm gonna actually go with the G36 on this one. The dual-optic sight system, the C/K models, the availability of a C-Mag... It's really down to the gimmicks, and the G36 has better gimmicks.

ETA: Also ******** the AUG AND the Tavor. They're both ******** class="clear">
You know the Cmag works with the StG, too, right? And rail systems mean all the sights you want. Also, there is the SG 552 "commando" version, same size as the 36C. Did it first, too, which is why the HK's C means Compact.

True stories, bro

also, the M4 has a 14.5" barrel.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:12 pm
Shrantic
The hell is wrong with an M14 or HK416, by the way?
The M14 is better as a sniper's weapon that a battle rifle, and the HK416 doesn't interest me. Not that I don't like the AR platform, but I want weapons that are more Germanic in origin than a German AR.  

Variola Major

Variola Major

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:16 pm
Fresnel

ETA: Also ******** the AUG AND the Tavor. They're both ******** class="clear">
The SIG has all of that. It can fit all sorts of sights, the availability of the magazines is irrelevant due to this world not being the same as Earth (I can control the availability of anything easily), the SIG has the 551 and 552, which are equal to the C/K. basically, the SIG's got all the G36's gimmicks.

The Steyr and Tavor are actually pretty sexy, or at least they are to me.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff