Reply General Discussion
Disgusting Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nymphoseed

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:58 pm
Every time I think the black community as a whole is starting to progress I happen to run across some trash like this.

http://thatvideosite.com/cuyd  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:02 pm
o_________O;;

They aren't speaking English though, where are they from?
Also, I don't think they're black. >_>;

ReIevant

Nymphoseed

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:23 pm
They're definitely black. Probably dominican or puerto rican but still black.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:54 pm
s**t sad  

wambat182

ReIevant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:58 pm
Nymphoseed
Uh, where I'm from, we don't consider them black, that and think they are more latino like.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:59 pm
well damn.  

Eclipse The Righteous

Nymphoseed

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:54 pm
MC Relevant
Nymphoseed
Uh, where I'm from, we don't consider them black, that and think they are more latino like.

Huh? Why are they not black? I go by physical appearance. I didn't say African American for that exact reason though. I say whether you speak spanish,brazilian,swahili, or whatever if you have mostly or all black features, you're black. Even in my mother and I's culture black latinos are considered black. We're all a community and collective whether we want to admit it or not.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:36 pm
Nymphoseed
MC Relevant
Nymphoseed

Huh? Why are they not black? I go by physical appearance. I didn't say African American for that exact reason though. I say whether you speak spanish,brazilian,swahili, or whatever if you have mostly or all black features, you're black. Even in my mother and I's culture black latinos are considered black. We're all a community and collective whether we want to admit it or not.
Eh, if you say so.  

ReIevant

Nymphoseed

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:49 pm
I most certainly do, my man!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:26 am
Nymphoseed
MC Relevant
Nymphoseed

hmm, well im more of a historian so allow me to educate you on why you calling puerto ricans or dominicans "black" is racially incorrect

(oh and they were dominicans)

We, as African Americans, are referred to as black based on ou origins being from africans. At the point in time when Americans found Africans, they had no idea of where they were, so they did not know where they were, but could only distinguish them as dark people. As they explored the land further and further, the Swahili tribes they found were so dark, the almost reflected black, and after enslaving them, many of the racial names you know of such as Darkie, led to the discriminating title of black

Being aware of our history we call ourselves black because we know at least where we came from and dont mind it through others as long as they are respedctful about it or we understand the joke behind and dont take it personally, which is why im not racist or anything but it did kinda bother me when i read the opening post and then saw the video. No type english and you instantly downgraded them... it pushed a button. Imma be real, wtf was they doin? but im just sayin they not black and how and why that is ^^  

Detrick II

5,750 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Nymphoseed

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:45 pm
x D33 x
Nymphoseed
MC Relevant
Nymphoseed

hmm, well im more of a historian so allow me to educate you on why you calling puerto ricans or dominicans "black" is racially incorrect

(oh and they were dominicans)

We, as African Americans, are referred to as black based on ou origins being from africans. At the point in time when Americans found Africans, they had no idea of where they were, so they did not know where they were, but could only distinguish them as dark people. As they explored the land further and further, the Swahili tribes they found were so dark, the almost reflected black, and after enslaving them, many of the racial names you know of such as Darkie, led to the discriminating title of black

Being aware of our history we call ourselves black because we know at least where we came from and dont mind it through others as long as they are respedctful about it or we understand the joke behind and dont take it personally, which is why im not racist or anything but it did kinda bother me when i read the opening post and then saw the video. No type english and you instantly downgraded them... it pushed a button. Imma be real, wtf was they doin? but im just sayin they not black and how and why that is ^^

I appreciate your input but you're by and large misunderstanding what i'm saying. As some one who's done a great deal of research myself, I wouldn't have made this claim if I didn't know what I was talking about. Allow me to further elaborate/educate you.

Skin tone isn't the only defining factor here bud. Also, I'm well aware of the origin of the term "black" and the many other racial terms. I remember when "negro" was actually a more respectable term to use than "black" Also, I go by the textbook racial definition of race here. They have latino culture while say a person such as ray charles grew up in "African American Culture". "Black Culture" to me is an improper way to describe it just for this reason alone. A dude whos lived in zimbabwe his whole life will know little to nothing about "black culture" but he's still certainly black. They may have latino culture but they still are racially black. I mean, if you've gotta put the chemicals in your hair to be able to comb it, if you've got the skin color as well as the other many black facial features then sorry, you're described as racially black.

The dude who played carlton banks in the fresh prince. was born and raised in the dominican republic. He may have the latino culture but anyone who tries and tell me that he isn't black is crazy. I'm also not calling all puerto ricans and dominicans black; that'd be like calling all americans or mexicans black. We as lations are so diverse in racial characteristics that it's impossible. In Argentina they have blond hair and blue eyes. And then you have men like Anderson Silva in Brazil. (Another black latino)

Also, how do you think the ancestors of the creole people or afro mestizos got to the latin Americas? By and large the same way the african american slaves got to the U.S.. I mean really, go look at the slave routes of Africans in the 1800's; your mind will be blown. They were getting shipped every where.

In short man, the people in this video would be racially defined as black. They may even have latino lineage and culture but they are definitely racially black. Which is how I was describing it in the first place.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:48 pm
lol @ the essays above me  

wambat182

Nymphoseed

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:48 pm
User Image

User Image

You can't tell me these guys aren't black.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:58 pm
I would say dark brown talk2hand  

wambat182

Young Piece

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:12 pm
its because of the dumb older generation neutral sad they look up to the older teens and they see how they act...  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff