Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply Female Forum [ONLY FEMALES]
Women's AURAT

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-keisha rayana hanaquil23
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:21 am
Salam to my sisters in Islam.

i have actually questions regarding the 'aurat' of women. (i dont know if that's the spelling) ..

* sometimes i used long veil without 'pinning' it together. but it's enough to cover my hair. is it acceptable?
* when it's too hot, i used some dress with short sleeve. ( at least until my elbow).. is it acceptable too?
*during in some situations where i have to take off my veil like in the beach or activities in scouting or in school, is it acceptable as well?

i would love to know your ideas or any information you know about the aurat of women. Thanks biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:11 am
Im sorry to tell u honey but half of what u do is not acceptable sad

first let me explain the rules of hijab
1-u have to cover all ur hair and neck
2-u must not show skin other than ur hands(not arms) and face, some ppl believe also hand and face are not ok u should wear gloves and only show ur eyes but I PERSONALY dont believe that and I dont do it either because I have not not seen any hadeeth that says we should.
3-it should not be see through (what’s the point of covering up if ppl can see under anyway)
4-it should not be tight (so u cant wear something that is skin tight because it will show the details of ur body so again if u wear that there will be no point in covering up)
5-and most important u have to be modest u can wear makeup and u can wear colors but for example u cant go to school wearing a glitter hijab and full make up!!!

not to answer ur questions:

*u dont have to pin the hijab as long as it stays in place in Saudi we dont pin the hijab unless we know we are gona be moving allot and we know it will fall, if u wear it and it covers ur hair and neck and it wont keep falling(so it does not bother u) then its fine u dont have to pin it.

*that is wrong u have to cover ur arms, but I will tell u how to solve ur problem:
1- u could wear summer long sleeve shirts (like the boho style maybe)find one that is lone and not see through, it will be cool enough for summer,
these are some examples of what I mean:

http://slimages.macys.com/is/image/MCY/products/0/optimized/679580_fpx.tif?bgc=255,255,255&wid=327&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg

http://www.fashion-era.com/images/2009-spring-trends/dresses-2009/marbgucci6.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FY4tVDMkVMU/SeDYLmkA02I/AAAAAAAAAu8/BccodSAVdHs/s400/RedGreen70sHippieEmpireWaistLongSleeveDress7.jpg

(of course these are short dress but I just want u to look at the sleeve lol sweatdrop )

2-what u could do is if its hot and u dont have long sleeved shirt, there is an item u could wear I have not seen it anywhere other than Jordan but u can make it urself.
buy a long glove the realy long kind the one that reaches over ur elbow, then cut of the hand and wear it, and then wear over it a shirt that reaches to ur elbow, so this way every thing is covered with out needing to wear lots of layers when its hot 3nodding

*now ur last point no its acceptable to take of ur hijab no matter the situation, when u want to commit to wearing the hijab u have to wear it ALL THE TIME no exceptions, and dont tell me the hijab will stop me from doing things this way the HIJAB WOULD NEVER DO THAT the hijab would never stopped any one befor and it wont stop u. 3nodding

but maybe ur problem is that u dont know the styles of hijab?!
this is a link that shows u different styles, the point is to cover ur hair and neck it does not matter how, and maybe the vid will give u some new ideas u didnt know about 3nodding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WySs0RVfFvI&feature=related

hope I helped blaugh

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:15 am
and aurat has nothing to do with women, its a measurement like a pound or a kg confused

maybe u got the name wrong?! do u know what it is at least?? confused  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:26 am
oh thank you soo much for that. ok ok. i will now be fully proper to what im wearing. smile

of course i do know what is an aurat. biggrin

thank you so much again for that.

i wish muslim women here in our place would wear the proper dress. certainly, we are influenced by western culture.. sad  

Crew

Talented Azz

Questionable Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:25 am
where do you live? o=  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:19 am
who?  

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:49 am

"there are those who dream and wish; there are those who dream and WORK... "

sis eat chu up: i live in philippines and it's too hot in here.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. -keisha rayana hanaquil23

Female Forum [ONLY FEMALES]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games