Welcome to Gaia! ::

Daft Robots of Gaia

Back to Guilds

Daft Punk, Transformers, Gundam, you name it! It's a guild for robots. 

Tags: Daft Punk, Transformers, Gundam, Techno, even Gir 

Reply .:Daft Entertainment Discussion:.
Dark Age DJs Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kamahaazi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:47 pm
Afew days ago, I went to a school dance with friends. No suprise the only music they played was rap that can't nor shouldn't be danced to. So during those few hours when we occasionally feigned epilepsy, we discussed the idea of what we would play as DJs. Afterwords we actually decided to start a DJing business. So, 2 of my friends and I have now started the Dark Age Disk Jockeys. We were inspired by Daft punk, so now we are hard at work at creating playlists, systems, and helmets and masks.

If you think this is a cool idea, then please help by naming off songs you wanted to hear at dances, but could never get the DJs to play them. The more songs, the better.

I will update this on the status of the group irregularly, because I might forget to do it weekly.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:35 pm
User Image

I'm impressed! I can't wait to hear some samples of your work. I'm a little stale on music lately cuz I can't download until I get a new computer. Have you heard Night By Night by Chromeo? It sort of reminds me of DP. I bet you could use You Spin Me Right Round.

User Image

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150

kamahaazi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:44 am
Thanks, one of the other members has already remixed afew songs and once I get ahold of the equipment, I'm planning on mixing some Nine Inch Nails.

Again, all song suggestions are greatly appreciated.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:58 am
Thats so coool! I would love if some were to Rammstein at dances and more Daft Punk biggrin  

Poster_of_a_Girl

Benevolent Fatcat

[ . Lemon Sampling . ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:48 am
That's awesome! You should play some music by Justice and Ratatat.
One time at one of my school dances they actually DID play Daft Punk. I was so excited and I was the only one crazy dancing xD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:58 pm
I haven't considered mixing with rammstein, but I definitely will play some Justice. I'll play anything from Rob Zombie to Micheal Jackson, Daft Punk to Fall out Boy. Thanks for your support!  

kamahaazi

kamahaazi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:49 pm
It's official!
The Dark Age DJs will have their first event on February 19th! It's non for profit, and we have to bring our own lighting, BUT THEY HAVE A BRAND NEW AUDIO SYSTEM!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:40 pm
User Image

Congratulations! You should have someone film your first event and post it on Youtube. I want to see you guys in action.

User Image

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150

kamahaazi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:50 pm
I'll see what I can do about that, I might need someone to operate it. It's too bad this is a gig at an elementary school, and their tastes are controlled by the teachers...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:39 pm
The Dark Age DJs Have gotten signed on to an amateur record company, Tunein Records. Also, here's the latest mix by one of my partners.

Zed by DJ Daft  

kamahaazi

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:40 pm
User Image

Hrm.. that download didn't work for me. Do you have any way of getting it somewhere we can just listen to it? And congratulations.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:11 pm
Sure, just go to myspace and look up DJ Daft, that's my partner. He's got some of his remixes on it. I'm still working on my remix.  

kamahaazi

Parasitic Juvenile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:14 pm
Thats pretty cool.
=D
You should add some DJ Emiko and DJ Mangoo too your mixes.
Just a thought.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:52 am
User Image

Which one? There are multiple accounts by that name.

User Image

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150

kamahaazi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:39 pm
Look for the one that has the simple paper picture.

I just got done with our first gig. I would have to say it was a success, but people are a hell of alot more needy than I expected. My partner will have the video up on youtube soon, and I'll post it here. Thank you for your support. The best part was, we got paid for doing a charity dance!

.:Daft Entertainment Discussion:.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff