I Like Guns Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:39 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU

And this hasn't been brought up already why?

Also just for fairness, the classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNLO74pBS80  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:22 am
The first vid was posted in the guide a while ago, the second is stupid.  

Variola Major

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:14 am
If I remember correctly, the second video is in AMV Hell.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:57 pm
The Aussie who did the "I Like Guns" video is an anti-gun pig just like the rest of them. He just made the video because he wanted.

" Some of the guns are so dangerous that they are banned in Australia, meaning Mr Lee had to travel to Cambodia to film much of the clip... Mr Lee said that while he was happy about his overseas success, he would not like the issue of gun control in Australia to go the way of the US debate. "You have got to abide by the law, and there are some people out there who shouldn't be able to use guns. [But] I like guns, and I use guns in the bush" [More]"
From an interview.
http://www.smh.com.au/technology/love-song-for-firearms-becomes-an-internet-hit-20100124-msma.html?autostart=1

Now, further correspondence seems to create a story of either backpedaling, or being misrepresented in the interview.

"Had a bit of a look at the sites you sent me. I am a little disapointed at the comments as there not true at all. I dont believe in gun control at all. There are a few differences between the U.S. and oz like we dont have the second amendment so we dont have a legal right to bear arms as you lucky buggers do. Our government tells us its a privilage for us to have guns and by the way our law has been written, we dont have much of a say.

Just to clear up my comments on the television show ACA, I did say that the government done the right thing in bringing in laws to stop people like Martin Bryant getting there hands on firearms because he was mentally insaine, and killed 33 people. the conversation on the show stopped there but it didnt stop in reallity. I went on to say that responsible gun owners should be allowed to own anything they like as they are not the problem.

Unfortunitly for Australians, we dont have the same system as you guys, ours come from England and we dont have the same legal rights as you do, we just have to do the best with what we have.

Im sorry if there has been a misunderstanding but i am completely for the right to bear arms, sadly it makes no difference for us Aussies cause we dont have the second amendment."  

uryu ishida

Variola Major

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:11 pm
uryu ishida
The Aussie who did the "I Like Guns" video is an anti-gun pig just like the rest of them. He just made the video because he wanted.
Despite being neither Australian nor anti gun, I for some reason find this post incredibly offensive.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:16 pm
Variola Major
uryu ishida
Despite being neither Australian nor anti gun, I for some reason find this post incredibly offensive.
Notice further correspondence. I don't know the man, so I'm not going to speculate which and give him the benefit of the doubt of being misrepresented in the interview.
And I call ALL Australians Aussies whether I like them or not, because I don't like typing out Australian every damn time.
From my personal correspondence with a multitude of Aussie citizens, it's the SEVERE MINORITY who DON'T completely agree with the government, and that would be the Shooter's Party, who need further support in politics. Hell, there was one who spent all her time doing military roleplays and talking about guns, who thought NO ONE except the government should own ANY guns, AT ALL.  

uryu ishida

Variola Major

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:50 pm
uryu ishida
Variola Major
uryu ishida
Notice further correspondence. I don't know the man, so I'm not going to speculate which and give him the benefit of the doubt of being misrepresented in the interview.
And I call ALL Australians Aussies whether I like them or not, because I don't like typing out Australian every damn time.
From my personal correspondence with a multitude of Aussie citizens, it's the SEVERE MINORITY who DON'T completely agree with the government, and that would be the Shooter's Party, who need further support in politics. Hell, there was one who spent all her time doing military roleplays and talking about guns, who thought NO ONE except the government should own ANY guns, AT ALL.
I call them Aussies, too. I just saw the post and I was all like "I thought Australia had private handgun ownership? Besides, Aussies be cool and have a badass military (NOBODY argues against the badass reputation of the ANZACS. They deserve it.)". That, and DormantEvil and Fishsama999 would slaughter you if they saw that. You Know how both of them get when they're riled up.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:54 pm
uryu ishida

" Some of the guns are so dangerous that they are banned in Australia, meaning Mr Lee had to travel to Cambodia to film much of the clip... Mr Lee said that while he was happy about his overseas success, he would not like the issue of gun control in Australia to go the way of the US debate. "You have got to abide by the law, and there are some people out there who shouldn't be able to use guns. [But] I like guns, and I use guns in the bush" [More]"
From an interview.
http://www.smh.com.au/technology/love-song-for-firearms-becomes-an-internet-hit-20100124-msma.html?autostart=1

Now, further correspondence seems to create a story of either backpedaling, or being misrepresented in the interview.

"Had a bit of a look at the sites you sent me. I am a little disapointed at the comments as there not true at all. I dont believe in gun control at all. There are a few differences between the U.S. and oz like we dont have the second amendment so we dont have a legal right to bear arms as you lucky buggers do. Our government tells us its a privilage for us to have guns and by the way our law has been written, we dont have much of a say.

Just to clear up my comments on the television show ACA, I did say that the government done the right thing in bringing in laws to stop people like Martin Bryant getting there hands on firearms because he was mentally insaine, and killed 33 people. the conversation on the show stopped there but it didnt stop in reallity. I went on to say that responsible gun owners should be allowed to own anything they like as they are not the problem.

Unfortunitly for Australians, we dont have the same system as you guys, ours come from England and we dont have the same legal rights as you do, we just have to do the best with what we have.

Im sorry if there has been a misunderstanding but i am completely for the right to bear arms, sadly it makes no difference for us Aussies cause we dont have the second amendment."
That sounds rather pro gun to me.  

Variola Major

Thdark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:10 pm
Sounds to me like he's a Law Abiding Australian citizen that believes law abiding and responsible gun owners should own any damn gun they want. He even said it.

Are you a bit steamy because he said he didn't mind the laws they have over there? They have no RIGHT to own guns, and he sounds happy to be PRIVILEGED to own them at all.

Unless there's a sub-text secret message going on I didn't notice, this sounds like an alright guy.
And how are your feelings on those Kiwi's in New Zealand Uryu? You ever see this guy? http://www.youtube.com/user/kiwitedferny

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:24 pm
Variola Major
uryu ishida
Variola Major
uryu ishida
I call them Aussies, too. I just saw the post and I was all like "I thought Australia had private handgun ownership? Besides, Aussies be cool and have a badass military (NOBODY argues against the badass reputation of the ANZACS. They deserve it.)". That, and DormantEvil and Fishsama999 would slaughter you if they saw that. You Know how both of them get when they're riled up.
Fish is "Murican" (Damn, it's hard to shorten American. Especially without sounding like the Southerner I am.), who moved to marry Nadine. Actually, at my lest checkup, he was in some other country (possibly NZ) waiting for all his paperwork to clear through.
And if Nadine isn't part of the Shooter's Party yet, I'll be amazed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Australia#Current_Australian_firearm_laws
According to that, they CAN own pistols, of .38 or less, but it never states about the requirements other than the GENERAL requirements for the license and the Permit To Acquire. They don't get into detail about the different requirements for each category, other than that you need a ********' license to own DEACTIVATED s**t. And airguns, apparently.
And Self Defense is not a valid reason to acquire a license or permit.  

uryu ishida

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:59 pm
Thdark
Sounds to me like he's a Law Abiding Australian citizen that believes law abiding and responsible gun owners should own any damn gun they want. He even said it.

Are you a bit steamy because he said he didn't mind the laws they have over there? They have no RIGHT to own guns, and he sounds happy to be PRIVILEGED to own them at all.

Unless there's a sub-text secret message going on I didn't notice, this sounds like an alright guy.
And how are your feelings on those Kiwi's in New Zealand Uryu? You ever see this guy? http://www.youtube.com/user/kiwitedferny
If you'll notice, I have a lot added onto my original comment, including the contesting quotations from him, and in a followup response to Variola (Teetonka? Damnit, stop changing your name!) stated that I gave him the benefit of the doubt as having been misrepresented in the interview. He was more than willing to answer to email inquiries to straighten out the misunderstanding, rather than just avoiding it.
If you'll also notice, I didn't just "erase the evidence" of my post, instead adding onto my comment and at least somewhat correcting myself.

As to the Kiwi you linked, he's.... Interesting, to say the least. A millionaire collector, who wore a batman mask for half of his youtube career after someone posted his name and address (resulting in him nuking his first account because it was in the comments of ALL the videos). Isn't allowed to SHOOT any of his Restricted weapons, and doing so and posting it on youtube got him turned down from joining the police, and he got a warning from them.
research on NZ gun laws shows "they are more liberal than other Pacific countries", but are still pretty damn tight about it.
To get your first permit, you have to undergo a class, interview, and they have to interview two references, one related, one not.
The permit only covers "Class A", which is weapons over 30 inches, are not "military style", do not have magazines that even LOOK like they can hold more than 15 rounds of .22 or 7 rounds of anything else, et cetera. PEPPER SPRAY is considered a Restricted Weapon which requires a special endorsement, and registration of the ********' PEPPER SPRAY, in addition to the license.
Anything shorter than 30 inches, has any military features, or is in the Restricted Weapons category requires registration, and ANOTHER permit (Permit to Procure), as well as gaining special endorsements on your original permit.
The endorsements are as follows, in Quote tags under their names.

B Endorsement--Sporting Pistols
* Applicant must be a current member of a pistol club, a financial member of Pistol New Zealand and have attended at least 12 club shoots in the last 6 months before they can apply
* Applicant must be sponsored by their club
* The endorsement holder must attend at least 12 club shoots in a financial year
* Normally limited to no more than 12 pistols registered to their licence
* Pistols must be of an approved sporting type i.e. barrel length of more than 10 cm (3.9 in)
* Pistols can only be carried to and from the range in a locked container with ammunition in a separate container or to a gunsmith
* Pistols may only be shot on a Police approved pistol club range.

C Endorsement--Restricted Weapons
This is a catch all, if the firearm does not fall into the A B or E categories it's a C class. Pistols can also be held on the C endorsement instead of the B. Common special reasons include:

* Collecting (must provide evidence in the form of books, club membership, collection of A type firearms), Museum curator, Family heirlooms and Theatrical.
* C category firearms must be stored in an inoperable condition
* Can never be used with live ammunition, but blanks are allowed for movie making and re-enacting
* Can only be taken to an approved display venue, re-enactment event or to an other collector for sale.

D Endorsement--Dealer License
For those that make an income from firearms. To sell restricted weapons the dealer also needs to have the appropriate endorsements.

* Renewed annually
* Further security requirements
* Must maintain a book of firearm purchases and sales.

URYU: It's like an FFL for us, except they need an ownership license first.

E Endorsement--Military Style Semi-automatics
New class of restricted weapon that was created after the Aramoana tragedy. At the time anyone with an M.S.S.A that wanted to keep it in that configuration was given a E endorsement (after going through the vetting and extra security requirements). But presently few are issued. Common reasons for wanting an E endorsement are professional pest destruction, collecting, 3-gun and service rifle shooting. Those people that did not want the extra hassle and expense of the endorsement converted their rifles into 'A' configuration by removing the components that made it an 'E'.

MSSA features:
* A folding or telescopic butt
* A bayonet lug
* A free-standing "military-style" pistol grip
* A flash suppressor
* A magazine that holds (or looks like it could hold) more than 15 rounds of .22 rimfire ammunition or 7 rounds of any other calibre.

F Endorsement--Dealers Staff License
This class allows a person working for a dealer to demonstrate a Pistol, Military Style Semi Automatic or a Collectable weapon without having to have that class of licence. They can demonstrate one but not possess one for personal use. This is not a well known endorsement

EDIT:
Your signature might be a bit big.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:04 pm
uryu ishida
Thdark

If you'll notice, I have a lot added onto my original comment, including the contesting quotations from him, and in a followup response to Variola (Teetonka? Damnit, stop changing your name!) stated that I gave him the benefit of the doubt as having been misrepresented in the interview. He was more than willing to answer to email inquiries to straighten out the misunderstanding, rather than just avoiding it.
If you'll also notice, I didn't just "erase the evidence" of my post, instead adding onto my comment and at least somewhat correcting myself.

As to the Kiwi you linked, he's.... Interesting, to say the least. A millionaire collector, who wore a batman mask for half of his youtube career after someone posted his name and address (resulting in him nuking his first account because it was in the comments of ALL the videos). Isn't allowed to SHOOT any of his Restricted weapons, and doing so and posting it on youtube got him turned down from joining the police, and he got a warning from them.
research on NZ gun laws shows "they are more liberal than other Pacific countries", but are still pretty damn tight about it.
To get your first permit, you have to undergo a class, interview, and they have to interview two references, one related, one not.
The permit only covers "Class A", which is weapons over 30 inches, are not "military style", do not have magazines that even LOOK like they can hold more than 15 rounds of .22 or 7 rounds of anything else, et cetera. PEPPER SPRAY is considered a Restricted Weapon which requires a special endorsement, and registration of the ********' PEPPER SPRAY, in addition to the license.
Anything shorter than 30 inches, has any military features, or is in the Restricted Weapons category requires registration, and ANOTHER permit (Permit to Procure), as well as gaining special endorsements on your original permit.

* Applicant must be a current member of a pistol club, a financial member of Pistol New Zealand and have attended at least 12 club shoots in the last 6 months before they can apply
* The endorsement holder must attend at least 12 club shoots in a financial year
* Pistols must be of an approved sporting type i.e. barrel length of more than 10 cm (3.9 in)
* Pistols can only be carried to and from the range in a locked container with ammunition in a separate container or to a gunsmith

This is a catch all, if the firearm does not fall into the A B or E categories it's a C class. Pistols can also be held on the C endorsement instead of the B. Common special reasons include:

* Collecting (must provide evidence in the form of books, club membership, collection of A type firearms), Museum curator, Family heirlooms and Theatrical.
* Can never be used with live ammunition, but blanks are allowed for movie making and re-enacting
* Can only be taken to an approved display venue, re-enactment event or to an other collector for sale.

For those that make an income from firearms. To sell restricted weapons the dealer also needs to have the appropriate endorsements.

* Renewed annually

New class of restricted weapon that was created after the Aramoana tragedy. At the time anyone with an M.S.S.A that wanted to keep it in that configuration was given a E endorsement (after going through the vetting and extra security requirements). But presently few are issued. Common reasons for wanting an E endorsement are professional pest destruction, collecting, 3-gun and service rifle shooting. Those people that did not want the extra hassle and expense of the endorsement converted their rifles into 'A' configuration by removing the components that made it an 'E'.

MSSA features:
* A bayonet lug
* A flash suppressor
* A magazine that holds (or looks like it could hold) more than 15 rounds of .22 rimfire ammunition or 7 rounds of any other calibre.

This class allows a person working for a dealer to demonstrate a Pistol, Military Style Semi Automatic or a Collectable weapon without having to have that class of licence. They can demonstrate one but not possess one for personal use. This is not a well known endorsement

EDIT:
I'm trying to find the perfect name, but it's really hard.

eek The massive wall of legalese has fried by brain, and I barely even skimmed it.  

Variola Major

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:26 pm
I say a comment on the YouTube video that heavily implied that he'd been horribly misrepresented in the interview. Someone said "Yeah, you should never agree to an interview without getting them to agree that you're allowed to screen and veto it before it airs."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:13 pm
Fresnel
I say a comment on the YouTube video that heavily implied that he'd been horribly misrepresented in the interview. Someone said "Yeah, you should never agree to an interview without getting them to agree that you're allowed to screen and veto it before it airs."
I found his correspondence with a "multi-blog informant", I guess you would call him, after making my statement and quoting him. His direct response to him being linked to several blog posts talking about the hypocrisy in the statements was my third edit. Second being my "supporting statement" from the interview.  

uryu ishida

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:15 pm
Variola Major
uryu ishida
Thdark

* Renewed annually

MSSA features:
* A bayonet lug
* A flash suppressor

EDIT:
I'm trying to find the perfect name, but it's really hard.

eek The massive wall of legalese has fried by brain, and I barely even skimmed it.
It's pretty much " You can have all these cool things, if your family and a friend say you have a good reason, you have JUST the right things in your house, you can never shoot them, and we feel like it."

Oh, and that they class pepper spray with machine guns and rockets.  
Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff