Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:10 am
That's right, it was posted here 10 minutes after it was it was made public knowledge. Project Needlemouse is actually a direct sequel to sonic 3, and will be a downloadable game coming out this summer. It promises to be a fully 2D sidescroller just like the old sonic games, but with 3D background graphics.

Let's see if sonic can become relevant again.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:29 am
sonic_cycle.jpg
I'm never falling for it again.  

SithLord1

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:30 am
Cycle Broken also

Game of the Decade of all Decades.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:47 am
To say that I'm not looking forward to this game would be a complete and blatant LIE. S&K3 is one of my favorite games so I'm really interested in how they plan to move forth from there.

... though the fact that it's DLC only and to be released in episodes puts me off a bit... but if it's how they plan to stay on the market and up to speed, then I can't really complain much.  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

pathetic_negi_magician

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:15 pm
If it weren't download-only I'd consider borrowing it from a friend... v_v

Still, I'll hope this can revive Sonic's relavence. And our faith in him.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:18 pm
My guess is that it will be s**t.
Now days, SEGA always finds a way to ******** their games up.  

Raike99

pathetic_negi_magician

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:19 pm
Raike99

Of course. Considering there's been over a dozen installments to the Phantasy Star Series and they all consistently are rated well, that must be the case. /sarcasm  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:53 pm
pathetic_negi_magician
Raike99

Of course. Considering there's been over a dozen installments to the Phantasy Star Series and they all consistently are rated well, that must be the case. /sarcasm

Agreed. I think it could be said that they always find a way to find a to ******** up their Sonic games.  

Haratio TaFotter

Raike99

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:38 pm
Haratio TaFotter
pathetic_negi_magician
Raike99

Agreed. I think it could be said that they always find a way to find a to ******** up their Sonic games.
Touche.
Also, lol @ eight asterisks for a four letter word.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:00 pm
Haratio TaFotter
pathetic_negi_magician
Raike99

Like any good piece of art, it takes a few tries to finally get it right. That being said, the Sonic advance games were fairly good (except 3, but for different reasons than most sonic games), and the Rush games did pretty well with Sonic in a 2D environment (with 3D elements) ... so I would think that SEGA still has a good chance of turning Sonic 4 into gold.  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:09 pm
Rush games would have been gold if the zones didn't suck so much.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:19 pm
hope it doesn't divebomb. it looks good, but lately, sega hasn't appealed to me with their sonic franchise.  

ravemaster47

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:28 pm
pathetic_negi_magician
Raike99

Just because they're rated well doesn't mean they have problems. And yes, I have played some of the games. They're good games, but not without problems (especially true for the online ones).  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:28 pm
That fact that SEGA's making a new 2D Sonic game that's a sequel to Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles makes me feel really excited,but I still have my doubts about it.I'm just hoping that SEGA doesn't **** this up.  

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:31 pm
I think Sega can live up to expectations. Capcom seems to be doing similar steps with Megaman. This will be a must buy at $10 regardless. Another 5? Eh... possibly.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff