Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Fish Talk! (Guides, Discussion, etc)
Guide to less lag in Booty Grab! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

_xX Es-One Xx_
Captain

8,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:47 pm
Do you still lag a lot while playing Booty Grab? Below are steps you can use to reduce lag, and increase Booty Grab earnings!

~ Reduce Flash. Firefox is a great browser, possibly the best. However, it has a slight memory leak when it comes to Flash. All browsers do, but it seems to be the worst with Firefox. The browser cache and RAM hold the memory used by Flash. However, when a flash program is closed, Firefox does not clear the used memory, so the more flash you run without restarting firefox, the more lag you will see. To reduce this, I use a Mozilla add-on called Flash Block. This allows you to only open Flash you want open manually. Thus, reducing the amount of memory your browser eats with flash ads, flash games, etc.

Get FlashBlock

~ Number of open tabs/windows. If you are a serious Booty Grabber going for the most profit, you would be smart to have only the needed tabs open. If you are playing on DMv2, the only tabs you need open are DMv2, as long as you have previously logged into Gaia. Keeping only needed tabs open reduce the amount of unwanted memory usage.

~ Keep game quality set to low. Always be sure to set the quality to low. This uses less memory to render high quality graphics. Sure, the game will not look as great, but your gold earnings will be greater. Which is more important to you?

~ Sound = off. For the same reason as low quality graphics. Just something that uses unnecessary memory.

As for things I DO NOT recommend:

~ Aquarium Re-sizer. Plain and simply makes this game boring. To play with no lag, the tank will be so slow that you can not see. Basically for those who don't care if they get powerdowns or whatnot. Sure, there is not lag, but when the screen is so small you are forced to just pace back and forth blindly. How fun is to do that?

~ Full screen. This is not always bad, but if you have lag problems, do not play on full screen.

Tips:

~ A little lag is good! It slows everything down so you can strategically get powerups and avoid power downs.

~ Do not always avoid power downs. Sometimes, moving out of the way for a speed decrease costs you gold. I would rather be slow and collect gold while being slow, then to avoid gold for a few seconds. Also, if a small overseer is on the screen, but you also see a big overseer powerup, get the small, then immediately get the large overseer powerup. Same goes for slow/fast. Remember, multiplier powerdowns do nothing if you do not currently have a multiplier.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:06 pm
Am I glowing?

Lag Guy Number Two here with some more tips.

I recommend using Mozilla Firefox. If you don't have Firefox, you can download it here {* Download is free *}.

An add-on for Firefox that I use is AdBlock Plus and Greasemonkey {* Install AdBlock Plus here and Greasemonkey here. *}

Now, after installing these, go to the top of the browser and go to Tools. Under that you should find AdBlock Plus Preferences. Click on it. Then, in that window, click on Add Filter. Enter these codes separately.

http://*.gaiaonline.com/images/Gaia_Flash/aquarium/assets/decorations/*

http://*.gaiaonline.com/images/Gaia_Flash/aquarium/assets/sound/*

http://*.gaiaonline.com/images/Gaia_Flash/aquarium/assets/backgrounds/*

http://*.gaiaonline.com/images/Gaia_Flash/aquarium/assets/terrains/*

http://*.gaiaonline.com/images/Gaia_Flash/aquarium/assets/ui/specialOffer.png

@@http://s.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/Gaia_Flash/aquarium/assets/decorations/27015_alt.swf

And contradictory to what Es-One says, I use a Booty Grab re-sizer. But, I don't make it too small. I normally make it size 300x300 or so.

You can install that here: Booty Grab Auto Re-sizer. I use this because I have lag issues with the sizes "Large" and "Extra Large" that Gaia gives you.

Also, for those who play in the forums, you can remove lag by installing this:
Remove junk from Gaia Signatures (toggle aquarium)

For those who don't like comments: Visit this thread.

Bump it here and/or here. Thanks. ^_^

Awesomolocity

0 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Tesseract4D2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:20 am
something nobody seems to have mentioned, if you use an item that gives you an avatar so small it isnt rendered in the game (sushi error, summoning tome frog, etc) it'll speed up a bit since it doesnt have to render anything

EDIT: also, the URL's in the post above do not keep my flashblock from blocking booty grab (at least from DolphinMania) i still have to click, and it moves the game over the comments... and i dont think i did anything wrong, but the resizer mentioned in the above post only activates 1 time in every 20 games (approx) its very inconsistent  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:11 pm
Agatheous
something nobody seems to have mentioned, if you use an item that gives you an avatar so small it isnt rendered in the game (sushi error, summoning tome frog, etc) it'll speed up a bit since it doesnt have to render anything

EDIT: also, the URL's in the post above do not keep my flashblock from blocking booty grab (at least from DolphinMania) i still have to click, and it moves the game over the comments... and i dont think i did anything wrong, but the resizer mentioned in the above post only activates 1 time in every 20 games (approx) its very inconsistent
Am I glowing?

Resizer works on every game. Problem with your computer or links are messed up when you play, I'm guessing.

Also, Flashblock doesn't block games from dolphin mania. {* At least not the text *} the game should be blocked on default and can be allowed.

Bump it here and/or here. Thanks. ^_^

Awesomolocity

0 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Tesseract4D2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:38 am
flashblock *does* block any booty grab thats started up. i suppose the URL's above were to allow it to play, correct? well it doesnt, even with thoise as exceptions. BUT with flashblock off the resizer works perfectly... also, @ is in invalid character in flashblock's whitelist..... not sure if thats intentional or typographical error but it doesnt enter in...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:53 pm
Agatheous
flashblock *does* block any booty grab thats started up. i suppose the URL's above were to allow it to play, correct? well it doesnt, even with thoise as exceptions. BUT with flashblock off the resizer works perfectly... also, @ is in invalid character in flashblock's whitelist..... not sure if thats intentional or typographical error but it doesnt enter in...

Those codes are for AdBlock Plus. Which blocks things after you enter them.

Flash block, you have to enter a code to allow it.

Awesomolocity

0 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Cecil360

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:45 am
Thanks for the tips and help, my grabs in large lag tanks has never been better, now just to figure out how to get better grabs in the gold waterfall dolphin tanks lol  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:26 am
_xX Es-One Xx_
Do you still lag a lot while playing Booty Grab? Below are steps you can use to reduce lag, and increase Booty Grab earnings!

~ Reduce Flash. Firefox is a great browser, possibly the best. However, it has a slight memory leak when it comes to Flash. All browsers do, but it seems to be the worst with Firefox. The browser cache and RAM hold the memory used by Flash. However, when a flash program is closed, Firefox does not clear the used memory, so the more flash you run without restarting firefox, the more lag you will see. To reduce this, I use a Mozilla add-on called Flash Block. This allows you to only open Flash you want open manually. Thus, reducing the amount of memory your browser eats with flash ads, flash games, etc.

Get FlashBlock

~ Number of open tabs/windows. If you are a serious Booty Grabber going for the most profit, you would be smart to have only the needed tabs open. If you are playing on DMv2, the only tabs you need open are DMv2, as long as you have previously logged into Gaia. Keeping only needed tabs open reduce the amount of unwanted memory usage.

~ Keep game quality set to low. Always be sure to set the quality to low. This uses less memory to render high quality graphics. Sure, the game will not look as great, but your gold earnings will be greater. Which is more important to you?

~ Sound = off. For the same reason as low quality graphics. Just something that uses unnecessary memory.

As for things I DO NOT recommend:

~ Aquarium Re-sizer. Plain and simply makes this game boring. To play with no lag, the tank will be so slow that you can not see. Basically for those who don't care if they get powerdowns or whatnot. Sure, there is not lag, but when the screen is so small you are forced to just pace back and forth blindly. How fun is to do that?

~ Full screen. This is not always bad, but if you have lag problems, do not play on full screen.

Tips:

~ A little lag is good! It slows everything down so you can strategically get powerups and avoid power downs.

~ Do not always avoid power downs. Sometimes, moving out of the way for a speed decrease costs you gold. I would rather be slow and collect gold while being slow, then to avoid gold for a few seconds. Also, if a small overseer is on the screen, but you also see a big overseer powerup, get the small, then immediately get the large overseer powerup. Same goes for slow/fast. Remember, multiplier powerdowns do nothing if you do not currently have a multiplier.
that relly works i gotta try  

ice-dragon 333

Desirable Player

7,575 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100

Valixrae

9,150 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:02 am
User Image

Is there a way to make the Aquarium re-sizer work when Flashblock is enabled?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:48 am
l_N a r a_l
User Image

No. Which is why I use AdBlock Plus.

Awesomolocity

0 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Valixrae

9,150 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:26 am
Awesomolocity
l_N a r a_l

User Image

I have AdBlock Plus as well but it's never had an effect on the Aquariums/Flash before.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:10 pm
l_N a r a_l
Awesomolocity
l_N a r a_l

User Image

I have AdBlock Plus as well but it's never had an effect on the Aquariums/Flash before.

If you see the second post, you can add those codes as preferences and then remove flashblock and the re-sizer will work and it won't be as laggy.

Awesomolocity

0 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Valixrae

9,150 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:16 pm
Awesomolocity
l_N a r a_l
Awesomolocity
l_N a r a_l

If you see the second post, you can add those codes as preferences and then remove flashblock and the re-sizer will work and it won't be as laggy.

Oh yes, those I already have in place. I was using flashblock for a separate reason but I found thanks to the Tab King Add-on I can have the same effect.

Thanks for those blocks by the way. It's lovely to be able to make over 30 gold per tank lol.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:01 pm
ill keep all of this in mind :3 and thank you very very much blaugh  

blackedwinged

iHeartTrigun

Star Seeker

12,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:37 pm
I put the game in full screen because I hate using the tiny window it pops up in, i wanna be able to move the cursor all over the place and not worry about going off screen xd what can I do to reduce lag but still have a large screen? I tried the resizer a while ago but it seems like you have to resize it EVERY TIME bg opens, and that is a pain gonk  
Fish Talk! (Guides, Discussion, etc)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff