Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Usafi'tukufu Lands [IC]
[PRP] I'm Not Weird, I Swear! (Kailani & Aulii'naia)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:18 pm
User Image

Kailani found himself wandering about absolutely lost and having no idea how to turn himself back to finding where his family was. He knew he was still inside the pride, but definitely not anywhere close where his mama and papa and brothers and sisters were. Or at least, he thought so. He knew he had a big family--he just couldn't remember all their names! And, and, he was not lost! He just happened to get curious about this weird flapping thing he'd never seen before--it was flying funny and was really colorful.

He'd lost it, of course. He had no idea where to look for it now, and now that he was looking around, he didn't recognize anything at all. He just had decided to go adventuring, that's all. He didn't feel like crying because he was lost, or anything like that. Just... he lost his family... yeah! He didn't get lost, his family got lost and... Kailani was so utterly befuddled and lost he was close to tears. But, he refused to cry. He was a boy, for crying out loud! ...Er, no, not crying out loud... He felt wet spots on his cheeks, and cried even harder because he had already started crying.

He was lost. And he wanted his mama.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:49 pm
User Image

Aulii'Naia wiggled through the tough underbrush of the forest she was trampling through, her tail flicking behind her eagerly. She had been off exploring, though she hadn't wanted to go too far from the den. She didn't want to not be able to find her way back! She had been, admittedly, a little lost to start with because she had walked too far looking for her friend, but when she didn't find him, she resigned herself to returning to play with her siblings.

The young Juve was more then happy to be out in the forest, though the paranoid glances over her shoulder made it obvious she wasn't completely trusting of her environment. She was stepping over one of the many fallen branches when she paused, hearing a sad noise over the normal fluttering and shrieking of birds above the trees. She blinked, peering through the rough underbrush trying to locate the noise. It sounded like someone crying. Was it a lost cub? Pushing through the bushes, she set off towards the noise.

"Hello?" She called out, tail flicking behind her as she tried to locate whoever it was. "Are you okay?" A silly question, since the other person was crying but a valid one none the less.

Velveteen Angel

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:14 pm
He twitched when he heard a sound, and sniffled, swiveling his head as watery eyes soon landed on another around his age. She looked awful familiar, but he couldn't place his paw on why. "Um, no," he whined softly, looking scared. "Cuz, you know, I'm okay, but I lost my family!" -A total lie, he knew- "And, and, I can't find him!" Well, it was he who was lost, truthfully, but he didn't want to admit it! He was already crying like a big baby, and he didn't want to admit he'd gotten lost too!

He finally stopped crying, and had quieted his sniffles down as he now peered at the leopardess cub. "Who are you?" he asked, curiosity getting the better of him. "I'm Kailani! Um, do you happen to know my parents? Or run into them?" If she looked familiar, that meant she might be someone who knew his family!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:43 pm

Aulii'Naia tilted her head to the side, recognizing her brother. It was understandable that he hadn't recognized her right away, after all, she had spent a lot of her life outside of the den, either in the rain or playing, or, when she grew older, exploring and playing with her friend. Plus, there were a fair few of them, so it was easy to loose track of one, this time, it was just Aulii who had been forgotten. Technically, this boy hadn't lost his family, since he had Aulii there with him at the time.

"I know who you are, silly," she teased, though she hadn't remembered his full name straight away. "I'm Aulii'Naia! I'm your sister," she said, with a slight giggle. she moved closer, nudging against him softly. "Don't cry! I know the way home. Uhh...at least, I usually do," she gave a sheepish look. "I wandered a bit far today when I was exploring, so I don't know exactly the way, but I bet we could find out!"

Velveteen Angel

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:39 am
He lifted his head in hope, tearful eyes slowly drying away as his pitiful sniffles died away. "Aulii'Naia?" he tested the name on his tongue, looking at her questioningly, and then slowly smiling. "Sister," he greeted happily. He blushed a pretty violet, mumbling something about "well, I didn't know who you were at first, and, well, my family was lost, and um..."... something along those lines. Kailani still wasn't admitting that he was the one who was lost. He thumped his tail on the ground lightly as she came closer and nudged him. "Eeeeh??" he answered in the most non-understandable way.

"And... uh, hey, I'm, uh, I'm, uh, not crying!" he feebly denied, pouting. "So you know the way back, sister?" he shifted back and forth on his front paws, showing his uneasiness, and then he stared at her with wide eyes. "You wander!? Mama lets you explore? But isn't exploring scary?!" he exclaimed, trying to make sense of her words. "Cuz, y'know, our family got lost when they decided to go wandering and exploring, and now look! We have to find them!" He was making sense, yes, he was! No, he hadn't wandered and gotten lost, it was the other way around--definitely!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:10 pm

Aulii giggled lightly at her brother, a little amused by his first confusion as to who she was. "That's okay, Brother Kailani," she said, smiling warmly at him. "The family got lost?" She sounded surprised, but decided to believe him. "Then we had better find them! Imagine if they couldn't find their way back."

She peered at him when he denied her tears, "sorry," she said quickly, "I must have been mistaken. Just your furr was glistening, I thought you had to be crying." She tilted her head to the side, nodding when he asked about her exploring. She winced a little. Well, her mother knew she went exploring, she just didn't know how far the young juve went while she was exploring. Her mother wouldn't be amused to know that Aulii had made it to the boundaries once, though she had come scrambling back soon after. "It's not scary, you just have to know how to find your way back! Looks like our family didn't," she said, huffing lightly. "C'mon, Brother! We'll have to go find them and save them from wandering around lost!"

Velveteen Angel

[IC] Usafi'tukufu Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff