Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Nintendo Gaming
Tatsunoko Versus Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crimson Hagane

5,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:34 pm
Discuss.

Favorite characters.

Favorite combos with said favorite characters.

Favorite super attacks.

Overall greatness of the game in your opinion. (Or the lack thereof, if that's how you feel.)

My favorites are, in no particular order:

MegaMan Volnutt, Zero, Kaijin no Soki, Tekkaman, and Ryu. My favorite stage is probably Orbital Systems Cargo Bay or Uncharted Region of China. My favorite super attack is probably the Max Power Shining Laser or the Dark Hold. My favorite combo is a secret. But it uses Zero, I'll say that much.

Great fighting game. Literally quite a blast to play it.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:13 pm
Too bad I (and most americans) don't know nor care about half of the game's cast.  

nitnit
Captain

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:39 pm
As unknown as some of the character's are, the game's been getting some really good reviews from what I've seen. I'd get it, but that'd mean I'd have to play my Wii.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:29 pm
I don't place much stock in reviews. I use them as a guideline - if a game has high reviews, it might be worth looking into.  

nitnit
Captain

Your Irish Twin Brother

Dangerous Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:31 pm
Zero, Soki, Casshan, Morrigan, and Tekkaman Blade, in no particular order.

And Tekkaman's Omnidirectional Voltekka is pretty badass.

Defienitly a 9/10 as far as fighting games go.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:50 pm
What fighting games are you comparing this to and what would you rate them as..?  

nitnit
Captain

Mirri the Sneak

Noble Noob

2,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:04 pm
nitnit
Too bad I (and most americans) don't know nor care about half of the game's cast.
How could you not care about this?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:59 pm
Because I wasn't raised on Japanese cartoons barring americanized ones like Dragon Ball Z.  

nitnit
Captain

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:38 am
You can only compare TvC with Capom's X-Men series games which later turns to Marvel vs Series.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:28 am
There were two major reasons why MvC2 is/was so extremely popular and successful

- People care about the characters. People love spider man, ryu, megaman, the x-men, hulk, etc. They also thrww in a few more obscure characters, and had a huge roster.

- The action was fast paced and frantic. Assists, giant super combos, etc, are all awesome. TvC is pretty insane looking too, but MvC2's still got it beat by a good amount. Games like Street Fighter 4, while being a superior game in terms of balance, look more boring to a newcomer.

TvC is simply inferior in both categories, unless you were raised solely on japanese cartoons as a kid.  

nitnit
Captain

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:39 am
Capcom should get a licensing rights to make MvC3 or an other X-Men series fighter.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:34 pm
nitnit
There were two major reasons why MvC2 is/was so extremely popular and successful

- People care about the characters. People love spider man, ryu, megaman, the x-men, hulk, etc. They also thrww in a few more obscure characters, and had a huge roster.

- The action was fast paced and frantic. Assists, giant super combos, etc, are all awesome. TvC is pretty insane looking too, but MvC2's still got it beat by a good amount. Games like Street Fighter 4, while being a superior game in terms of balance, look more boring to a newcomer.

TvC is simply inferior in both categories, unless you were raised solely on japanese cartoons as a kid.

The funny thing is that most reviewers including professional "We hate Wii, PS360 Is way better" fanboy reviewers say this is better and more balanced than Street Fighter 4.

And I was comparing it to Nintendo system fighters, since SF4 and all there PS360 games are irrelevant to how good this game is since it is a Wii exclusive, and should thus be only compared to Wii games.  

Your Irish Twin Brother

Dangerous Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • First step to fame 200

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:06 pm
This game is better than street fighter 4 in many ways, one way is it has frank west, i mean hey, it's frank west cool  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:13 pm
The Ginger Dude
This game is better than street fighter 4 in many ways, one way is it has frank west, i mean hey, it's frank west cool

Of course he's great. I mean come on, he's covered wars you know lol.  

Haratio TaFotter

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:57 pm
Your Irish Twin Brother
nitnit

The funny thing is that most reviewers including professional "We hate Wii, PS360 Is way better" fanboy reviewers say this is better and more balanced than Street Fighter 4.

And I was comparing it to Nintendo system fighters, since SF4 and all there PS360 games are irrelevant to how good this game is since it is a Wii exclusive, and should thus be only compared to Wii games.

It is really really really hard to compare TvC with games on a system which doesn't have fighters other than MK and SF2 versions, and SFA2.

TvC =! Brawl
TvC =! TMNT
TvC =! Every other Wii game.  
Nintendo Gaming

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out