undesirable but not as bad as ppl make out
  cool/sexy
View Results

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:53 pm
Some visual stimuli:

http://thechive.com/2010/02/09/whyyyyyyyyyyyyy-15-photos/

[incidentally the caption for this says 'if you don't like gross things don't click you have been warned' yet the same site shows stuff like deformity, vomit, and body mods and doens't have the same extreme warning. is pit hair really that bad?! ho-hum]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So there you go. Girls and body hair.
(or indeed guys and body hair)
what's your opinion?

go go go! :p

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:23 pm
I don't like armpit hair.
I get really self-conscious if I wear a really short sleeved shirt without shaving for a while.
Body hair on women is kind of gross to me
I couldn't say why.
I blame society's vision of what a woman should be.
(though even from the ancient times women were shown with little to no body hair so it's not like it's a modern thing)
Though I mostly just shave armpits and arms.
I have dark hair so it shows.
That and my arms feel so nice and smoooooth.

As for body-hair on men.
It's cool as long as it isn't like a jungle.
There was a kid at my school last year who had the hairiest arms ever.
I was kind of afraid to touch him because I thought my fingers may get tangled in it.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:03 am
...I don't like hairy pits. period.
For me personally, i'm glad most of my hair is on the top of my head. But i know a girl that's literally got a ton of hair, specially above her lip and below her bellybutton.
I always try to keep my pits shaved, especially when I'm about to go to school or work or something important. As for other parts, no. I don't even bother with me legs, cause I wear pants all the time. No one's going to see... xp

I don't like a lot of body hair, so... i can't stand like bushy beards and goatees. I'd need someone clean-shaven. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:01 am
I don't like armpit hair. Being a girl... I always shave it. But that goes the same way for guys. I find it gross when I see a guy raise arms and there's armpit hair. Especially if there's a lot. I think guys should shave it off.... I would also want someone clean shaven or waxed. ^_^  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Custom Kiwi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:12 pm
I don't like body hair on a girl at all....

But on a guy I think it's hot.

Like, I just think having body hair is very masculine, so if a girl has it its like she doesn't really take good care of herself. But on a man, it's very appealing. I can't really explain why....  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:53 am
the thing with me is I associate body hair with smell, which is fair enough since it catches and amplified sweat etc, so any gender with a lot fo pit hair is somewhat gross to me. though a little i suppose isn't too bad.
Personally i shave my armpites since i don't like feeling smelly and i prefer how it looks XD

Still the massive knee-jerk reactions of woman who don't shave isn't necessary i think.  

dragontamer363
Crew

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:34 am
I hadn't thought about it before but I used to associate body hair with smell too.
I think I stopped when I recently made friends with a really hairy guy, not as hairy as the mega-hairy guy I mentioned before but still pretty hairy, and he doesn't smell at all.
He recently grew a beard because he's one of the few males at my school who can actually grow a full one.
All the guys now want a "Lance Beard" xD

The knee-jerk reaction definitely isn't necessary though.
I feel kind of bad for the French women.
Excuse me if I've got my stereotypes mixed up but they're the ones that, according to stereotype, don't shave, correct?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:31 am
Yeah I'll have to agree that it just isn't right for people to really get soooo mean about the armpit thing. Sure it's not appealing but they're over-reacting being so mean to girls about it.  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:10 am
Zizzykitty
I don't like armpit hair.
I get really self-conscious if I wear a really short sleeved shirt without shaving for a while.
Body hair on women is kind of gross to me
I couldn't say why.
I blame society's vision of what a woman should be.
(though even from the ancient times women were shown with little to no body hair so it's not like it's a modern thing)
Though I mostly just shave armpits and arms.
I have dark hair so it shows.
That and my arms feel so nice and smoooooth.

As for body-hair on men.
It's cool as long as it isn't like a jungle.
There was a kid at my school last year who had the hairiest arms ever.
I was kind of afraid to touch him because I thought my fingers may get tangled in it.

I like ziggy's smooth and nice armpits.. *smothers my face on your smooth armpit* - and because of that neko became a fan of ziggy's armpits.. or not? lols  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 am
Custom Kiwi
I don't like body hair on a girl at all....

But on a guy I think it's hot.

Like, I just think having body hair is very masculine, so if a girl has it its like she doesn't really take good care of herself. But on a man, it's very appealing. I can't really explain why....

same here  

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Super Mega Nope
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:28 am
Interesting Topic

I don't like it, it's a hygiene thing.
I understand some people might not want to shave.
. . .
I just don't want to see it.

Women or Men, I really don't want to see it.

xp

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff