Welcome to Gaia! ::

Left 4 Dead- The game

Back to Guilds

This guild is dedicated to the game "Left 4 Dead." Have fun! Kill zombies, and get bloody! 

Tags: Zombies, Role-Playing, Guns, Left 4 dead 2, Killing 

Reply Left 4 Dead
Favorite Campaigns for Versus

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Str8 Jacket Fashion

Sparkly Sex Symbol

10,200 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:21 pm
I love to play (and own people lol) at Versus in L4D1 & 2, but I don't like all the campaigns. In the 1st L4D, my favorite campaigns for Versus are No Mercy and Death Toll, and even though Dead Air is my favorite campaign overall, I don't really like it that much for Versus. In L4D2, I like Dead Center, Dark Carnival, and The Parish for Versus, and Dark Carnival is my favorite campaign overall. I hated Hard Rain the very moment I started playing it and Swamp Fever... eh. confused

So my question is: If you play Versus, what campaigns do you like to play and why?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:02 pm
For L4D 1 (I only have 1) I'd say No Mercy, Crash Course and Death Toll.

But for No Mercy the Hunter seems almost useless in the first level. My favorite campaign is No Mercy but Hunters still seem to have a real problem with the first level.

But my favorite VS campaign is Crash Course since all the Infected are fine in there, no real disadvantage for anyone (Except maybe survivors), plus there's lots of cars so if I become the Tank I can kill 'em easily.

Pretty much the same for Death Toll for Crash Course except their not being that many cars, still pretty fun.

I hate Blood Harvest, all those trees annoy me. Dead Air is good too, just not my top 3.  

Tomha_Domizoko

Shirtless Businesswoman

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Loiterer 100

KoNterra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:44 pm

Unfortunately I've never gotten to play versus for the first Left 4 Dead, so I couldn't say what my favorite is there, but in Left 4 Dead 2, I adore Hard Rain & Parish. For both Versus & Campaign mode.

But I'm probably better as the infected in Dark Carnival, though, because I have played it so effin' much.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:50 am
Tomha_Domizoko
For L4D 1 (I only have 1) I'd say No Mercy, Crash Course and Death Toll.

But for No Mercy the Hunter seems almost useless in the first level. My favorite campaign is No Mercy but Hunters still seem to have a real problem with the first level.

But my favorite VS campaign is Crash Course since all the Infected are fine in there, no real disadvantage for anyone (Except maybe survivors), plus there's lots of cars so if I become the Tank I can kill 'em easily.

Pretty much the same for Death Toll for Crash Course except their not being that many cars, still pretty fun.

I hate Blood Harvest, all those trees annoy me. Dead Air is good too, just not my top 3.

Actually, I've gotten a good 19-damage pounce as the Hunter in chapter 1 of No Mercy, but you gotta be on the building to the right (your right) of the Witch and face the alley that leads to the alley where the Witch is at (when you exit the building and go straight until you have to take a left). Basically, you're facing in the direction the surviors come from next to the staircase on the building to your left, and you have to time it perfectly. I know some people try to cr0wn her while others simply throw the molly and run like hell (like me, but I always get away w/o getting incapped). Either way, when they're kinda in a group, if you aim directly in front of them and pounce, you'll do 19 points of damage. 3nodding

I hate Blood Harvest, too. I never play it 'cos I'm usually playing No Mercy or Death Toll. lol

KoNstantX

Unfortunately I've never gotten to play versus for the first Left 4 Dead, so I couldn't say what my favorite is there, but in Left 4 Dead 2, I adore Hard Rain & Parish. For both Versus & Campaign mode.

But I'm probably better as the infected in Dark Carnival, though, because I have played it so effin' much.

I play L4D more than I play L4D2, mostly 'cos I'm better at Versus in the first game. Hard Rain is kinda iffy for me, but I still love The Parish... Although the 2nd chapter (to me) is REALLY freakin' annoying.  

Str8 Jacket Fashion

Sparkly Sex Symbol

10,200 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Garret Erikson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:35 am
Hard Rain is my favorite, hands down. I just wish they would keep the number of witches up in versus, but I guess that would really screw over some teams.

Dead Center is good too, and No Mercy, well...it's a classic.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:06 am
Hard Rain is easily my favourite campaign/Versus in L4D2
The other one I like is Dark carnival because of the finale.
No mercy of course is just awesome to play in Versus.  

GoGoRavenRanger

Tomha_Domizoko

Shirtless Businesswoman

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:00 pm
Yeah I never met anyone that hates No Mercy yet. It's like the most commonly played one in the Verses on the PC, dunno about Xbox. ((You'll never see me play L4D or any Shooter game on anything other then PC. Dunno how to play them on the consoles. ))  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:42 pm
I believe it is the most common on the 360 too. If you join a game in progress it's almost always No Mercy.

And one of my brothers is the same way. He claims to need the precision of a mouse.  

Garret Erikson

Unlike_The_Death

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:41 pm
In Left 4 Dead 2 , my favorite level is Dead Center. There is so many instant-kill spots as a Charger.

In Left 4 Dead , my favorite is either Crash Course or No Mercy. I had a glitch happen and I killed a survivor as a Hunter in Crash Course. I killed all survivors in No Mercy with one single car-- a car with a car alarm. I punched it and the surivors shot the car with a pistol and the horde came -- along with a boomer.  
Left 4 Dead

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games