How a Law is Made

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LIKE A BILL
  Get vetoed
  Get approved
  I learned how a bill is turned into a law!
View Results

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:39 pm
Just in case you were curious

That's a project we just finished for my government class.
(AKA, the reason I got only an hour of sleep last night)

I just want to show it off since my group is so awesome.
(Also, nerdy and awkward)
It makes me laugh.
I was mostly behind the scenes in the movie since Josh, dirty blonde Michael Jackson parody, and Adam, dark-haired Lonely Island Parody, were the stars but I'm there in the black shirt dancing with the guy with long black hair around 3:18.
The Great American Melting Pot in the end is kind of an inside joke with the class since the teacher in the beginning of the year tortured us with that song by repeating "THE GREAT AMERICAN MELTING POT~" for like five minutes.
(Thus the screaming)
Deuce is the nickname of the teacher who is 6'5", bald, but with a red goatee/mustache combo.

Discuss:
Your shameless nerdy/awkward friends
How repetitive politics are
Class projects you have waaaay too much fun making.
How awesome our video is  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:58 am
*watches the video*

lol, not bad!
Everytime I see school house rock, I try to avoid it, too. lol
rofl rofl rofl  

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:35 pm
Haha, thanks Black.

I never actually watched School House Rock as a kid.
I don't know why.
But I find it very amusing when we watch it in high school.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:39 pm
Wow, really?
We had to watch it all the time in elementary school. I can still remember the Preamble of the Constitution because of it, though.
We also had to watch it when we were in AP Literature... sweatdrop  

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:19 pm
What I've learned from SchoolHouse Rock:
(That I could have known in elementary school had my teachers shown it)

Bills die if Congress doesn't pass them
America is made up from a bunch of different people.

That's actually all I can remember.
I remember watching it freshman year in English though.
There's some story about a guy trying to ask a girl out but I don't remember what it was trying to teach.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:09 am
I don't really remember the guy asking a girl out. Let's see... Conjunction Junction... We the People... most of the multiplication songs... the Melting Pot... all in all, I can still remember a lot of it. Course we have cable, and back then, we had this really crappy TV with only 13 channels, most of it news... so, I only had a channel or two to watch. blaugh  

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:01 pm
Going on the topic of School House Rock:

I could never understand the guy in "Conjunction Junction."

I had to watch "We the People" in middle school as part of a memorization assignment.

I had to watch "I'm Just a Bill" in high school.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:03 am
I hate posting twice in a row, but I just remembered something.

On the topic of films made for school:

I was in a film for a group project that I wasn't a part of about the movie "Smoke Signals." My best friends (who decided to go in a group with another one of my friends who wasn't even that close to us thus causing me to be stuck with the guy in the class who no one likes) had me play as one of the characters. Seriously, though, what the heck? I should have been in their group!

Another film was made to explain 4dimensional planes. Or something. It was a while ago. It was set up to be like one of those silly videos instructors show you every now and then. Similar to Bill Nye.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:09 am
I think... out of all my classes in high school, only one person actually made a video for their project. And it was actually in my friend's class, but the teacher found it amusing and showed it to everyone in Journalism. (Ugggh, hate this topic sad )

It had to deal with Beowulf... but it was made in a really countryish, redneck sorta way. made me laugh.

I think the worst pic of myself is when my friend decided (on our last day of high school, no doubt) that she wanted to see if she could paint one of our group up as a geisha... and it ended up being me... let's just say that it didn't work out. I ended up scaring the crap outta a few people instead. lol

I know I've taken a few pics of people in awkward moments. This one boy got forced into dressing up as girl (he lost a bet) and he had his nails done and his hair put up in a side pigtail. He didn't know I carried my camera around just about everywhere. lol  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:36 am
Dornkus:
They made you play a character in their movie while making you get stuck with the kid no one likes.
Your friends kind of suck.
I may not have watched School House Rock but Bill Nye was pretty awesome.
I kind of wish I could have seen this video now.

Black:
Really?
We make a lot of videos.
My friend and I right now are planning one for Hamlet.
We're rewriting the last scene in a Western style, so we'll have a shootout with cap guns instead of a fencing match.
Then when Fortinbras shows up all the people that died are going to turn into zombies and kill his army and him.
It's going to be so bad but so fun. xD

Aww, that sounds hilarious though.
That sounds pretty awesome too.
Those are moments that everyone wishes they had a camera, you actually did!
I have a friend that lost a bet and had to wear a denim mini-skirt.
It was so short that he kept having to pull it down and adjust it or his boxers would show.
(Sad thing is, he looked better in that skirt than I would have.)  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:00 pm
Zizzykitty
Dornkus:
They made you play a character in their movie while making you get stuck with the kid no one likes.

When it was brought up recently, one of the friends said "Wait a minute? Why the Hell did we have him instead of you in our group?"

I think the math movie is somewhere on Youtube. I have no idea how to find it at this point. It's been a while and wasn't on my account, so I don't remember what keywords were used. All I'm finding is football, cheer homecoming and projects that I didn't do. Maybe it was taken down?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:17 pm
Dornkus
Zizzykitty
Dornkus:

When it was brought up recently, one of the friends said "Wait a minute? Why the Hell did we have him instead of you in our group?"

I think the math movie is somewhere on Youtube. I have no idea how to find it at this point. It's been a while and wasn't on my account, so I don't remember what keywords were used. All I'm finding is football, cheer homecoming and projects that I didn't do. Maybe it was taken down?

Haha, nice.
Did he figure out why?

Oh, I hate that.
When you can't find the video you're looking for when you know it was there.
Maybe it was taken down.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:49 pm
Zizzykitty
Dornkus
Zizzykitty
Dornkus:

Haha, nice.
Did he figure out why?

Oh, I hate that.
When you can't find the video you're looking for when you know it was there.
Maybe it was taken down.

Nope.

Either it was taken down, or I can't remember which keywords to use.

I also just remembered that there were even more class video projects that I helped a friend with. He had to make films that showed different filming techniques. One was about a guy trying to buy a pencil, and the other was a fight between V and a generic agent.

I was the guy selling pencils and the agent. I have no idea if those are on Youtube or not.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:06 pm
That's kind of random.
But that actually sounds like it'd be pretty amusing to watch.
Maybe you should see if you can find them.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces