Reply Adult Furries Guild
Need some input.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dystopia Lycanthropia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:46 pm
So, my fursona's name is Azriel. I'm wanting a new last name for him, since I've got bad memories associated with the one he had.

What do you guys think of either Azriel Blackenwolfe or Azriel Blackenwolf? And which do you think looks/sounds better?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:13 pm
As lame as it sounds, I'd suggest running it through an online translator to get some options that look/sound closer to the first name.

Just do it one word at a time though, like "black" and "wolf". Unfortunately with many languages, when you turn an adjective into a verb very different rules may be used. So for Spanish, you'd have something like "to blacken", and then you'd conjugate that in Spanish to fit properly. I never learned enough to give an example of blacken, but here's an example of a verb I know (but I used a guide to form this since I don't remember enough):

Hacer
"make/create/cause/do/imagine/behave"
So it's like saying "to make" when it's just hacer.

This goes in order of who is doing the acting in English, then Spanish, then hacer conjugated for who is acting. This is all present tense as well.
I - Yo * hago
You - tú * haces
Singular Formal/He/She - usted, él, ella * hace

We - nosotros * hacemos
All Y'All (That's how it was explained to me and it's only used in Spain) - vosotros * hacéis
Plural Formal/Them(male)/Them(female) - ustedes/ellos/ellas * hacen

I'm sure plenty of native Spanish speakers are all laughing at my puny attempts to explain and know their language. Well, it doesn't matter 'cause I'm a yankee and I get to butcher your language and sound like an expert at the same time!

By the way,
English to Welsh gives
du
blaidd
So you could have Dublaidd as a last name. Just one example. There's plenty of other options.
http://translate.google.com

Anyway, that's just what I would do personally.  

Garek Maxwell

Dystopia Lycanthropia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:17 pm
Thanks for the Spanish lesson. But I've already had two years of Spanish in high school and two semesters in college. ;P So I already knew that.

Azriel's apparently a Hebrew name. Which is amusing, as I've never been Jewish.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:27 pm
Messenger_Of_The_Moon
Thanks for the Spanish lesson. But I've already had two years of Spanish in high school and two semesters in college. ;P So I already knew that.

Just 1 quarter of it in college, and I've forgotten most. Booyeah!
...I dunno, just thought that deserved a booyeah.

Try Hebrew! Or even try other languages native to the same general areas. Maybe Syrian, Arabic, Greek, etc...

You don't have to be of a culture to steal stuff from 'em anyway. People have been doing that for centuries! biggrin  

Garek Maxwell

tikiu1221

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:04 am
Garek Maxwell
Messenger_Of_The_Moon

Just 1 quarter of it in college, and I've forgotten most. Booyeah!
...I dunno, just thought that deserved a booyeah.

Try Hebrew! Or even try other languages native to the same general areas. Maybe Syrian, Arabic, Greek, etc...

You don't have to be of a culture to steal stuff from 'em anyway. People have been doing that for centuries! biggrin

amarica ******** yeah!  
Adult Furries Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff