Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Glenn Beck Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is Glenn Beck the best reporter FOX news has?
Hell, yes!
65%
 65%  [ 17 ]
Alright,but not the best.
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
He's bad, but not the WORST reporter
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
FOX news......FIRE HIM!
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 26

space-ace1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:10 pm
What do you guys think of this newly famous FOX news reporter?
Comments? Complaints? Problems? speak here!

ANd IN my opinion, we kinda needed someone like him. He is unraveling some of the stuff that the government has swept under the rug.
And also, he adds a bit of humor to his show, so you dont get bored that easily. (unfortunetly I get bored easily.)  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:12 pm
He is, bar none, the single most obnoxious reporter working for Fox. It's a travesty that they bumped Cavuto back an hour to make room for this moron. Between the decision to cast Beck in the 5 PM slot and the decision not to add a counter-balance to Hannity's show when Colmes departed, I'm not sad that my step-daughter has kicked Fox off the TV in favor of Cartoon Network.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Semiremis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:47 pm
Beck is a news/political commentator not a reporter.

I like him a lot for his energy and for the fact that he's one of the few out there who actually believes in what he is saying and that goes a long way in my book.

Content wise I'm more of an O'Reilly fan.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:56 am
Semiremis

Who gives a s***?  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Latopazora

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:18 pm
He's alright, I find him pretty entertaining to say the least. What I don't like really care for is the feeling of "Apocalypse looming over the horizon" he tends to give off. And how emotional he can get, tends to bother me. I think one of the reasons people like him and Sarah Palin are popular really has more with one of the laws of physics of balance. The liberals have their "savior", Obama, the one man that can do no wrong, who saves us from the evil George Bush. Something needs to balance that, and so the conservatives also need to have their "savior"- which thus leads to people like Palin and her prophet, Glenn Beck. Also, people are not in a good state of mind either… what with economy the way it is and possibility of WW3. I don't think Glenn is the best, I think there are much better, more stable commentators out there- Glenn is just more memorable for some people.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:19 pm
Latopazora
He's alright, I find him pretty entertaining to say the least. What I don't like really care for is the feeling of "Apocalypse looming over the horizon" he tends to give off. And how emotional he can get, tends to bother me. I think one of the reasons people like him and Sarah Palin are popular really has more with one of the laws of physics of balance. The liberals have their "savior", Obama, the one man that can do no wrong, who saves us from the evil George Bush. Something needs to balance that, and so the conservatives also need to have their "savior"- which thus leads to people like Palin and her prophet, Glenn Beck. Also, people are not in a good state of mind either… what with economy the way it is and possibility of WW3. I don't think Glenn is the best, I think there are much better, more stable commentators out there- Glenn is just more memorable for some people.

Yeah, the counter-balance issue is a big part of it. Probably, also, retaliation for the treatment Bush got is a big part of why Obama is so stonewalled on Cap. Hill. For the love of God, though, they could have picked someone less odious than Beck. Thomas Sowell would have been great!  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Semiremis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:44 pm
Lord Bitememan
Semiremis

Who gives a s***?

It's kind of an important distinction...

As a reporter having someone who can control their own personal biases and report on the facts is more desirable then to have a commentator where it is okay if they are giving their own personal opinions since it's in the job description.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:27 pm
Semiremis
Lord Bitememan
Semiremis

Who gives a s***?

It's kind of an important distinction...

As a reporter having someone who can control their own personal biases and report on the facts is more desirable then to have a commentator where it is okay if they are giving their own personal opinions since it's in the job description.

Yes, but he is on a NEWS channel. And every newspaper across the country has an opinion page. So, no, it's splitting hairs to make the distinction with Beck that he is a commentator and not a reporter. . . unless you want to advance the claim that the things Beck talks about are not factual. In which case the distinction is necessary. I was being kind and crediting that on some level the things he talks about are factual.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Pumona

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:35 am
We watch at least part of Glen Becks show everyday and yes, people do need to relize Beck is a news/political commentator not a reporter. This means he can have his own opinions. He does have a lot of facts on his show, but he also is really paranoid. This is what makes it entertaining to watch.

We also watch Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly, and both of these shows have discussions with Democrat's all the time.

I would like to remind people again that there is a show called Fox News Sunday and America's News HQ on the fox news channel. These are the reporters. You can not tell me that on CNN, CNBC, MSNB, HLN News, and the local channels do not have their own commentator shows.

As for the comment who gives a s***? you obviously got some anger issues, just don't watch it. Sorry if Beck and Palin bother you so much.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:32 pm
Pumona
We watch at least part of Glen Becks show everyday and yes, people do need to relize Beck is a news/political commentator not a reporter. This means he can have his own opinions. He does have a lot of facts on his show, but he also is really paranoid. This is what makes it entertaining to watch.

We also watch Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly, and both of these shows have discussions with Democrat's all the time.

I would like to remind people again that there is a show called Fox News Sunday and America's News HQ on the fox news channel. These are the reporters. You can not tell me that on CNN, CNBC, MSNB, HLN News, and the local channels do not have their own commentator shows.

As for the comment who gives a s***? you obviously got some anger issues, just don't watch it. Sorry if Beck and Palin bother you so much.

First of all, the whole point that was brought up in the first place was totally tangential to the point I was making. I was saying Beck was annoying. Whether or not you call him a commentator or a reporter is totally irrelevant to whether or not he is annoying. It would be like going to a restaurant and complaining "that host over there was rude" only to meet with the retort "he's not the host he's the bartender." You don't see how that misses the point?

The fact that he's a commentator is no benefit to his insufferable personality. In fact, it speaks volumes about where Fox News' commitment lies since they bumped Niel Cavuto's very news-oriented business show from the 5 PM slot to make room for this.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

DanskiWolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:19 pm
Semiremis
Beck is a bad comedian not a reporter.

Fix'd.

Quote:

I like him a lot for his energy and for the fact that he's one of the few out there who actually believes in what he is saying and that goes a long way in my book.

Generally I don't care if people believe what they're saying if what they're saying happens to be erratic bullshit.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:58 pm
He's really zany, but he speaks the truth. He can get really emotional, almost too emotional, but I understand his point of view.  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500

Lord Izaran
Vice Captain

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:47 am
Quote:
ANd IN my opinion, we kinda needed someone like him. He is unraveling some of the stuff that the government has swept under the rug.
And also, he adds a bit of humor to his show, so you dont get bored that easily. (unfortunetly I get bored easily.)

Amen brudda. Beck is a bit preachy, and slightly obnoxious, but he makes good points. He tears the Fed apart at the seems. I personally believe he was a driving force in keeping Van Jones away from the White House. I strongly believe he is a driving force in the depth and spread of the Tea Party Movement. As well as keeping the claims of it being violent rebellion from weakening it, instead making it stronger. Beck is funny, and clear, concise and to the point about what he says. And he asks more questions then giving opinions. His idea is to ask the viewer/listener questions they should be asking themselves, and in terms of conclusive journalism, he is a pro. I watch Beck and the Factor every night, and I enjoy both.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:36 am
hi guys its bin awhile but anyway

beck is very obsessed with waken America UP so he is ring every bell wahmbulance that he can now I think its good wahmbulance alot of people watch him and like him including me although he may be paranoid its for good reason hes nutty but in a honest and cheesy and necessary way

now I understand way some of you may not like him because he tells on both parties screw ups not just the Dem's

also he is the only one getting deep into the problem and finding REAL ways that PEOLE me or you can fix it and I can say that he is my most favorite news commenter on FOX

and for the person who said who gives a SH@#$ well that's his point nobody dose give turd about anything  

goodshot911SNK

Lysander the silent

3,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:24 am
The only thing that I don't like about a lot of the Fox news people is that they don't let the people they're talking with get their point in. Case in point, earlier this week O'Reilly was discussing some issue with a Catholic school, and he was talking with a Catholic priest. O'Reilly would not allow the man to make his point, he kept interrupting him. I'm sorry, but when you're having a discussion, the respectful thing to do is to let the other person talk as well. And he isn't a reporter... He's a political comentator, there is a BIIIIIG difference.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff