Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Animal Lovers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all animal lovers and pet owners 

Tags: animal lovers, pets, animals, cats birds dogs fish reptile, official animal lovers guild 

Reply Main Forum
I'm getting a puppy tomorrow!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Radioactive Condoms

Magnetic Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:32 pm
Okay, so I probably shouldn't have lol. I was going through Craigslist ads just showing my mom all the cute puppy pics and she asked if we wanted to go up to the shelter. So, we did. We figured they wouldn't really have anything we were looking for, which was mostly an Australian Shepherd(beautiful breed, I love em), and we would just go pet some puppies and go home....

But.....this is my family.....and we can't do that.....lol. They had the most ADORABLE little pit mixes there. I know everybody bad mouths the breed, but I don't care. It was actually my mom's decision to get her, I didn't have to beg or anything rofl. So, here she is.

User Image

She'll be getting spayed tomorrow and she's already got all of her shots. We're bringing her home right after her surgery so she'll still be pretty out of it. We do have a problem though.....she has no name! The name on the tag said Leah but it didn't fit her. So, we have a list of random names that kind of fit her.

Isis
Andromeda
Tara
Halley
Jazmine
Aros
Bree
Brianna
Avalon
Sinai
Bindi
Nala
Bailey
Allie
Andy(Andie)
Annabell
Arwen
Ashlynn
Aubrey

I wanted to get everybody's opinion on some of the names, which ones you like, which ones suck. Any other names you can think of? We're kind of staying away from the COMMON puppy names. The most popular names are in bold. smile

JoAnne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:03 pm
Awwww, she's so cute!! Pits are GREAT dogs, no matter what people say... It's the bad owners and dog fighters that give them such a bad rep.

I'm liking Andromeda or Arwen. Especially Arwen. What a cute name! <3  

Foofy_Miru

PandaTeddy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:10 pm
Oh my gosh, she is too adorable! I am soo jealous! I LOVE pitties! X3
She looks like she needs a name that starts with an 'A' for some reason.

That's pretty much how we got our dog, Miles. My mom had absolutely no intention of getting a dog, but we went "just to look" and of course how could we have not fallen in love with him. X3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:36 pm
I like the name Jazmine. She's such a cutie. Make sure you train her well and socialize her really well, and early. You can proof all those people who think pits are bloodthristy killers wrong! biggrin  

DeeSpark

Radioactive Condoms

Magnetic Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Katie-Q Loves You
I like the name Jazmine. She's such a cutie. Make sure you train her well and socialize her really well, and early. You can proof all those people who think pits are bloodthristy killers wrong! biggrin

We already named her Mochi, but maybe I can use that for the next new family member lol(should have some baby leopard geckos soon if I'm right).

We're definitely socializing her as much as possible. She went to Pet Smart the other day and LOVED it and got to go up to my school the other day. I have a feeling she's going to be a REALLY lovable dog.

She's so smart too. My mom used to be a professional dog trainer so we're used to training puppies, but she's catching on FAST. Usually we'd only teach one command per week and give her a break in between since they usually don't remember them that easily, but she's learning two commands a night so far and has remembered ALL of them with no problem. So far she knows: Sit, lay, don't touch, speak, kennel, come, and "get the cat"(that one's just a joke but she LOVES to cuddle with our cat, it's adorable lol).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:23 pm
Awww! I like pit bulls! Mochi is a cutie! heart  

Rattie Virginia

10,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers