Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Valentine's Day- Can Muslims participate in the celebration?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dreamy me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:59 pm
Salaam Alaikum to All!
Does anybody know if muslims can or can't celebrate Valentine's Day?

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/books/83

The basic saying of this link and the answer to that question is "No".
"Many of the Muslims follow the enemies of Allaah in many of their customs and ways of behaving, and imitate them in some of their rituals and in celebrating their holidays. " quote is from the above link

Questions or comments?
Send me a PM
May Allah Guide us all to the right path of Islam biggrin
-Dreamyme  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:57 pm
salamz. ^^
it's haram, because valantine's day is more like a religious day for christians and it was made after a man name valentino who was killed for the woman he loved. 3nodding
valentino is a father in a church. so, yeah. xp  

The Broken Winged Angel

Haha Coffee

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:03 pm
If your married you may indeed use the date as excuse to do something wonderful for your better half.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:47 am
If You are married, u don't need valentinesday to love. Just love when u got some spare time lol xd

valentinesday is just a weird tradition.

I hope u don't believe in that flying man at the top of the screen, who fire arrows to get u in love lol

I would love everyday, not just 1 day xd  

The_Pathan
Captain

CakeColour

Dapper Connoisseur

17,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:18 am
not recomended confused  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:30 am
The_Pathan
If You are married, u don't need valentinesday to love. Just love when u got some spare time lol xd

I hope u don't believe in that flying man at the top of the screen, who fire arrows to get u in love lol

the flying thingy's cupid.. XDD it comes 4rm a gr8t leader tht turn himself back 4rm god (its stated in bible) dont ask me y they use him as 1 of the symbols in vday (valentine day) i still dont make research on tht.. XDD anyway, i'm a muslim, bt i love learning abt bible n taurat cuz i want 2 be like allahyarham ahmed deedat.. barakallahu bika.. T^T no christians can lie 2 him abt bible.. n he also can show the contradictions in bible.. >w 3nodding
3nodding  

jengkingbara

jengkingbara

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:40 am
dreamy me
Salaam Alaikum to All!
Does anybody know if muslims can or can't celebrate Valentine's Day?

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/books/83

The basic saying of this link and the answer to that question is "No".
"Many of the Muslims follow the enemies of Allaah in many of their customs and ways of behaving, and imitate them in some of their rituals and in celebrating their holidays. " quote is from the above link

Questions or comments?
Send me a PM
May Allah Guide us all to the right path of Islam biggrin
-Dreamyme

just be happy wth ur loved ones on tht day.. just dont do like wht christians do in valentine day (no choc!!) n dont greet happy valentine day.. we cant just banned tht date just cuz of valentine day ryt?? doesnt mean we go 4 date on tht day means we're celebrating valentine day right?? 3nodding 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:55 am
The_Pathan

That's so true.
Valentines Day was actualy a day when a massacare happened and a bunch of people died. xp
So I guess,they decided to turn it into a day of love.odd... xd
excuse me of me poor spelling. rofl  

Brittanthegreat

Fancy hafsa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:47 pm
I think it's a stupid day, ironically my birthday is february the 14th . Besides why can't christians celebrate one of our holidays?? To me it's a matter of pride, as a muslim i celebrate love every day by praying and worshipping Allah, by respecting my parents and helping others. We don't need anyone to tell us when to celebrate love, it's just ridiculous.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:35 pm
jengkingbara
The_Pathan

the flying thingy's cupid.. XDD it comes 4rm a gr8t leader tht turn himself back 4rm god (its stated in bible) dont ask me y they use him as 1 of the symbols in vday (valentine day) i still dont make research on tht.. XDD anyway, i'm a muslim, bt i love learning abt bible n taurat cuz i want 2 be like allahyarham ahmed deedat.. barakallahu bika.. T^T no christians can lie 2 him abt bible.. n he also can show the contradictions in bible.. >w 3nodding 3nodding

Cupid was actually the Roman equivalent to the Greek god Eros, who was the god of sexual love, beauty, and ferility. He fired two kinds arrows at people--golden ones for love and lead ones for rejection. Scary, he was, since he could even use his powers on the other gods.  

Silver Nephil

☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff