Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply Guild Forum
Finding Islam- My Story Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haha Coffee

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:32 pm
Hello im Daniel and im a Muslim.

I was borne and raised in Northern England by a loving pair of Irish Atheists my grandfather is a Methodist Preacher. Initially I had little time for Religion and was a militant and rebellious little Atheist till I was fifteen. When I had a desire to seek out God just to prove to myself that if I opened my heart and sought I would find nothing, as I expected. It turned out I was wrong and found within me and around me a Divine presence I knew immediately that could only be God, due to mainly my English heritage I then pronounced myself to be a Christian and threw myself head first into a study of Theology , this time from the other side from Faith not of Critique.

From the outset I always had confusion over many Christian Doctrines such as the divinity of Jesus, the Trinity and the requirement of Salvation by Grace alone, my doubts I put down to a lack of Faith on my part and a lack of understanding that in time would become clear. So for four to five years I was an active Christian, within my church my community (wherever it happened to be ) and in my heart. I studied Theology as best I could through books , discussion, debate and prayer intent on really understanding God and dispelling the doubts I had. When I was seventeen and a half I joined the British Army, and after my Training one of the first and closest friends I made was a Muslim in the Platoon I was attached to, a man I would later Tour with in Afghanistan.

Over the eight months I knew him we spent a lot of our time talking and both learned a good deal of respect towards each others faiths, and helped each other Dispel myths regarding them . Deep down however I knew that my doubts remained and that I was cheating myself and often the arguments I gave him were repetitions of answers I had been given or twisted logics that I really had little belief in.
Understandably this worried me, because I believed in God with every inch of my body and soul, yet it was confusing and illogical Christian theologies that caused me to falter

On each others advice we read each others Holy Texts, I gave him my Bible and he his Qu'ran, within a fortnight we had both finished yet the result of the culrtural exchanged were vastly different. He came away with information and some strength for his arguments and feeling very much informed to a lot of the History that the Qu'ran ties in with. I however came away feeling completely amazed and in awe what I head read inspired me and made far more sense to me than the faith and doctrines I was currently committing my life to following and defending. From that point on I talked to a lot of Muslims and did a lot of my own research into Islam and it's practices and creeds for the sake of broadening my knowledge on the practical Islam today.

I was medically discharged from the Army last year after my tour and continued to practice Christianity with a lot of Enthusiasm trying to almost tell myself "The more I practised the more I would believe" I entered University joined the Christian Union, the local Evangelicle church and threw myself into any form of Christian activity and worshp , along with this came increased study. After I began to seriously study Christianities founding and routes the early texts and theologies my doubts became far to great to handle. So feeling very much confused I stopped going to church, stopped attending the university Christian Union meeting's and began to talk to more and more Muslims on faith.

Until recently I went to a Mosque in my area and had a long and in-depth(Five hours) discussion with first some worshippers then the Imman himself , everything I heard seemed so utterly correct to me , my head barely stopped nodding and I couldn’t believe how correct everything was, he invited me to stay and watch the Evening Prayer something I had already researched and seen from a distance , when I watched however the reverence and piety present was the straw the broke the camels back.

He told me the phrase that I had heard many times "If you believe what I am telling you to be true already...then you are already a Muslim"

So there and then, sitting on a carpet alone with an Imman I became a Muslim and have since that very moment felt. pure, clean, justified, correct and most amazingly at "Peace" I feel all the genuine Divine emotion I felt in Christianity and so much more, no doubts at all.

I am of course still learning so much about the new and brilliant course I have finally returned to and it is a hard but immensely rewarding path. Something I struggle with, but something I do not struggle with alone, as Muslims I have found understand the Concept of Brotherhood and Family far better than anyone I have ever met. Life now seems fulfilled and I have never been so happy, despite all the possible consequences my faith now brings me.

So that's how I became a twenty year old, white Britsh/irish convert, sorry if it Dragged out, I am open to questions!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:08 pm
mashallah, that's very good ^_^

Your a good novelist, i really like ur story xd

Peace Be Upon You Brother smile  

The_Pathan
Captain

TheMuslimGuildBot2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:20 pm
Mashallah, Great story brother.

P.B.U.Y smile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:21 pm
Mashallah!! Great story indeed brother. I am glad that you have now found peace with Islam!!  

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Inactive92

O.G. Genius

7,200 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:33 pm
Mashallah!
I know many here in Canada who convereted and am glad to know another has converted half way across the world. Keep going at it brother!
/ ^-^

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:47 pm
Thank you for the words of support.

Im currently just trying to tackle the basics, and hope that I can call upon you all for advice in the coming months.  

Haha Coffee

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:40 pm
Four Mile Sprint
Thank you for the words of support.

Im currently just trying to tackle the basics, and hope that I can call upon you all for advice in the coming months.

ok.. I'm sure that everyone here would be happy to give you advice!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:43 am
Masha Allah that's an amazing story =)  

Dark_Princess331

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Maximum Lantis

3,200 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:12 pm
Mashaallah! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:55 am
i hope i can support you in any way i can, Daniel. biggrin  

WandySama

6,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Wandertoal-Haqq

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:03 pm
Alhamdulilah! I am also a convert, very newly indeed, but I understand exactly what you mean. The truth is amazing, is it not? Mashallah! Look forward to helping you & hopefully getting help as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:05 am
amazing story
mashallah  

iSNP
Crew

6,950 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

joody_abot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:37 am
GREAT & amazing story 3nodding
MASHALLAH i "as a muslim girl in a muslim country" am PROUD of you ^^
keep going, i pray for you that ALLAH protects you

ALLAH hafiz bro

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:12 pm
wait
im confuzed he turned Christan???  

iSNP
Crew

6,950 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:01 pm
superninjapanda101
wait
im confuzed he turned Christan???

I know.. I asked.. but never got a reply???  
Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff