Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hey
  hi!!
View Results

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:29 am
When I went to school (Ele/Mid/High those times) I used to always hand out candy to all my friends so it wasn't only a get candy from a crush or lover kind of day. My friends and I would exchange candy which was fun. I'd also receive (well still do) from my mom. Did any else do that in in Elementary and up to high school years? What did you do on valentines day when you were in those grade lvl?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:14 am
We actually had a Valentine's day party every year up until I started junior high. Every class I was in had a bunch of cakes and stuff, and everyone would bring valentine's cards and sweets for everyone in the class... It was the one occasion I actually didn't mind class. blaugh

In Junior High and above, though, you had to go to the Sweethearts dance for anything dealing with the holiday. Sure there were hearts and flower decorations around, but that was about it. Never went to the dance though.  

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:20 am
Wow!! Party sounds fun!! Talking about cakes reminds me of how I'd get cupcakes too. They're so tasty!!

We never had a special event in high school for valentines day.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:02 pm
It isnt celebrated here in Iceland but in feburary we have 3 other holidays.

We have Bolludag (were everyone gets a very good pastry thing filled with whipped cream, jam and chocolate)
Sprengidagur, which pretty much translates too Explosion Day, since everybody is supposed to eat till they feel like they're gonna explode. Most everyone has a kind of beansoup with salted meat for dinner. It is delicous C:

Aaaaand Öskudagur, or Ash Day. Kinda like Halloween...except it's lame.
:C

klikkhaus

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:39 pm
My mom bought me Zombieland for Valentine's Day C:
I haven't watched it yet though.
I plan on doing so tonight.

but I pretty much sat around my house all day then went to the library to return some movies and get a couple more.
Then went to Target and that's when I finally remembered it was Valentine's Day.
They didn't have what I wanted at Target though so I went to Vons, because they're in the same parking lot, and saw my friend who works there.
It seems like every time I go to Vons now I see him working.
So I always try to say hi to him.
But I'd already forgotten it was Valentine's Day so I forgot to tell him that, I just told him to feel better since he was really tired from partying all night.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:43 pm
I went to an art reception over in the museum on my campus and got served real food....not nasty greasy dining hall stuff. XP

Then....video games.  

0Moon_Maiden0

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:41 pm
I don't really do anything on Valentine's Day. My mother gives me something every year.

Then I play video games or something.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:09 pm
Moonlight_HuangHou
Wow!! Party sounds fun!! Talking about cakes reminds me of how I'd get cupcakes too. They're so tasty!!

We never had a special event in high school for valentines day.

Again I've never been to it, so I don't know much, but if it was anything like my senior prom, it was a bore. rofl

They even had a Sweethearts Queen and King. My last year, one of the boys made a bet that if he got nominated Sweetqueen, he'd come to it wearing a dress and a wig. xp
God, I wish he got to, but the school banned it. but almost everybody who got a ballot had his name written out with a checkmark next to it, and didn't bother with the real election. (cept a few that wrote Jesus and the principal's name instead confused ). Everyone wanted to see him dressed up. blaugh  

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:09 am
klikkhaus

We have Bolludag (were everyone gets a very good pastry thing filled with whipped cream, jam and chocolate)
Sprengidagur, which pretty much translates too Explosion Day, since everybody is supposed to eat till they feel like they're gonna explode. Most everyone has a kind of beansoup with salted meat for dinner. It is delicous C:

It's all about food and sweets!!! You're making me hungry!!!! XD  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:34 am
Moonlight_HuangHou
klikkhaus

It's all about food and sweets!!! You're making me hungry!!!! XD

This be Iceland!
Everything is about the food and sweets here!
And the sex.
I meant the interesting culture, nature and such.
<.<

klikkhaus

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces