M91/30 Mosin-Nagant for $99? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:53 pm
So apparently Big Five is selling a Mosin-Nagant M91/30 for $99. Normal price is $179. Is that a good deal, or would I (if I HAD $99) be taking a big gamble if I bought it?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:37 am
That's what I bought mine for. I feel it's worth it.  

OO23OO

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:46 am
Over the past few years, Big 5 has had some cheap lots of Mosins. In fact, I recall some dirty ones for $79 a piece just last year.

Be damn sure to check the barrel carefully as these are not going to be hand selected.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:04 am
J&G is still selling them for $79, but you save on shipping buying it in person and you get it faster, so it's not a bad price. You do get the bayonet from J&G, though...  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:12 pm
To me, that's the price for a FULL KIT. Bayonet, sling, ammo pouches on sling.

You cna get cheaper. It's a pretty common price, but it usually includes the bayonet nad at least a sling. Sure, you save on shipping, but oyu get more getting it shipped. Check out AIM surplus and J&G Sales.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:40 pm
Only if you get the full kit with it. Bayonet, clip pouches, etc.

And who the hell can sell a Mosin for $179? I want to meet them.  

Shrantic

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:51 pm
Requiem in Mortis
So apparently Big Five is selling a Mosin-Nagant M91/30 for $99. Normal price is $179. Is that a good deal, or would I (if I HAD $99) be taking a big gamble if I bought it?

$100 is about the going rate in retail stores.

If the stocks and metal are pretty rough, wait for the next shipment in.
And don't hesitate to ask to see what they have in the back.
They may only let you look at a couple back there, but do it. You may luck out and find a good one.

One batch from the place I usually go to had one that was pretty rough. I found one that wasn't so rough and it seems to be almost non-refurbished, or something close to it.

I found a rather rare Hex Tula M44 in great condition and traded it for an Ex-Sniper M91/30.

$180 is way too high for a 91/30.

I get Mosins with all the extras for $107 tax included.

You might find them cheaper at gun shows.
Not the M44s though, a lot of bubbas love the folding bayonet and will pay $150+ for it for some reason.

If you have a C&R Fresnel all you pay for the rifle is S&H to your door.
Figure $20 for the shipping.
Still come out ahead a bit.

You also get some deals on ammo offered to C&Rs and Dealers only.

Try and get a Tula, the marking is a star with an arrow in it.
They're not made any better, but slightly less common.

Anyway, check up on here before you buy anything;
7.62x54r.net

This is a long shot but if you ever see an M44 that's longer than the other carbines, get it.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:03 pm
Remember, I said IF I had $99. I don't, but I would consider buying it if I did.

My brother is actually the one who noticed the ad, and he didn't believe it was a REAL Nagant.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:25 pm
"Kids, I just had a conversation with General LeClerc.
He told me he was first into Paris, and by God, he wanted to be first into Berchtesgaden.
I told him I understood his point.
Now you fire up Second Battalion and outflank that French son of a b*tch!"
-Col. Sink, Band of Brothers

DO IT.
NOW.

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Total Value: 553,757 Gold

Item List:
Celebrity Snare Hulk Impact Crater
Jacked Up Cape
Shiny Black Short Shorts
Cheerleader Shoes (Green & Silver)
Green Gaia Feet Stockings
Voracious Fog
Nano-C
Celebrity Snare Snoop Dogg's Hoodie
Elegant Lord's Mask (Emerald Studs)
Wingding (phase one)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:45 pm
I would, but I has no moneys. emo

I can just see the look on my parent's face if I were to walk in the door with this rifle and go, "Mom, Dad, look what I got! *cocks bolt*"  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:01 pm
Requiem in Mortis
I would, but I has no moneys. emo

I can just see the look on my parent's face if I were to walk in the door with this rifle and go, "Mom, Dad, look what I got! *cocks bolt*"

Followed by;
"Is Russian gun, can take down Bears and doesn't afraid of anything.
It also fought against itself and won."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:30 pm
Seriously, you can get a Full kit, and I mean FULL, for $80+shipping, plus any transfer fees an FFL tacs on.

You'd still come out cheaper than buying the nagant, and then all of the accessories separately.  

uryu ishida

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:51 pm
uryu ishida
Seriously, you can get a Full kit, and I mean FULL, for $80+shipping, plus any transfer fees an FFL tacs on.

You'd still come out cheaper than buying the nagant, and then all of the accessories separately.

7.62x54R? I thought they were all 7.62x39. Or did they make some in that caliber for some reason? If so, why?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:07 pm
Man of the Demoneye
uryu ishida

7.62x54R? I thought they were all 7.62x39. Or did they make some in that caliber for some reason? If so, why?
The Mosin Nagant was always 7.62x54R, as far as I know, it was never chambered in 7.62x39  

Hans Reiker

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:10 am
uryu ishida

The only problem is that I can't see myself using any of the accessories, other than a sling and possibly a scope. If I could get all of the stuff for the same price as just the rifle while on sale, then I would, but as stated, I has no money.

And remember- the rifle is ON SALE for $99. I wouldn't pay $180 for a Nagant when I could pay half that elsewhere.

The only other problem I can think of, if I got this rifle, is where to get 7.62x54mm ammo. I'm not sure if the gun stores in my area would have it (including Big Five) or even if Bass Pro Shops would have it, and if they did I probably wouldn't want to get it there for the reason of cost and distance. The gun stores in Placerville are too far as well. I'd most likely have to buy it online.

Demoneye: The Nagant has always been chambered in 7.62x54mm. A lot of people make similar mistakes with a lot of .30 caliber rounds, because there are so friggin many of them.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff