Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Grand Theft Auto IV

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:30 am
So. I finally got GTAIV and played through it. Good lord, this game exceeded all of my expectations (note: I'd never played a GTA game before, and I had low expectations).

The story, while cliche at points, was very well written, and had some pretty decent voice acting. I actually came to really like the main character, and some of the supporting characters. The game played very nicely, only real complaints I have are that sometimes my character would hijack the wrong thing, or hijack taxis instead of getting into them. Oh, that and aiming was a nightmare. I'm really not sure which aiming system makes the game easier. Auto aiming shows you were the enemies are, normal aiming actually lets you aim... I found myself using auto aim to find out where they are, and the sniper to actually hit them.

I haven't touched the multiplayer yet, and I'm finding myself a little reluctant to go back and complete the fairly lengthy amount of side missions and quests to do. I am however going to be picking up the 2 20$ DLCs from gamefly since they have the "stories from liberty city" disk.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:14 pm
nitnit
So. I finally got GTAIV and played through it. Good lord, this game exceeded all of my expectations (note: I'd never played a GTA game before, and I had low expectations).

The story, while cliche at points, was very well written, and had some pretty decent voice acting. I actually came to really like the main character, and some of the supporting characters. The game played very nicely, only real complaints I have are that sometimes my character would hijack the wrong thing, or hijack taxis instead of getting into them. Oh, that and aiming was a nightmare. I'm really not sure which aiming system makes the game easier. Auto aiming shows you were the enemies are, normal aiming actually lets you aim... I found myself using auto aim to find out where they are, and the sniper to actually hit them.

I haven't touched the multiplayer yet, and I'm finding myself a little reluctant to go back and complete the fairly lengthy amount of side missions and quests to do. I am however going to be picking up the 2 20$ DLCs from gamefly since they have the "stories from liberty city" disk.
I've heard that the online multiplayer is even better.

Though I'd not know, seeing as my copy was stolen in December.  

pathetic_negi_magician

Raike99

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:49 pm
Online multiplayer is meh.
But you CAN be a sadistic ******** and have a game with only you and cops off.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:36 pm
Yeah I thought the multiplayer was very meh. Controls are too clunky and the maps can be too big.  

Rock Paper Kill You

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:20 am
Frankly, if you were going to be playing a GTA game, I'm glad IV was your first. The story is better than anything before it by a long shot. Yeah, the aiming/hijacking thing can happen, even when you think you're kinda used to it, but its still a great game.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:28 pm
I love doing the little jacob missions, he's pretty awesome, but have any of you attempted to understand him, good lord i can't had to wait till the mission began to see what to do, but yeah this was easily the best of the others, san andreas was horrible to me, thanks to the hot coffee mod, minors can't get Rated "M", Games, douches evil , but i only have to wait for five months till 17 pirate  

The Ginger Dude

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:38 am
Minors couldn't get M rated games before Hot Coffee "mod". Also, this posts reveals a great deal of insight into you ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:19 pm
I could, besides, i don't see any reason to get m rated games till 17, totally useless, parents nowadays don't care about what there kids get and shouldn't, oh i stand corrected, mortal kombat started everything, but that whole video games with real life violence is really idotic, columbine wasn't video games, that's teenage stupidy, they deserved to die lol , unfortunate for the others that died, but anyways let kids play whatever and let gov. and douches screw themselves pirate  

The Ginger Dude

Niaxus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:23 pm
The Ginger Dude
I could, besides, i don't see any reason to get m rated games till 17, totally useless, parents nowadays don't care about what there kids get and shouldn't, oh i stand corrected, mortal kombat started everything, but that whole video games with real life violence is really idotic, columbine wasn't video games, that's teenage stupidy, they deserved to die lol , unfortunate for the others that died, but anyways let kids play whatever and let gov. and douches screw themselves pirate
Actually... video games do effect behavior in both bad and good ways..if your an idiot you will probably try to use your cell phone to summon a motorcycle from nowhere..if your an angry idiot you will probably do something more violent like beating old lady's with baseball bats..if your a smart leveled person who can handle their own problems then you will be unaffected by video games...and both of those were what could happen if your stupid and play gta  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:16 am
If you can't tell the difference between fantasy and reality and/or can't act responsible in both, you probably shouldn't be playing video games. Otherwise, you're probably fine. Video games aren't a mind drug; they don't make you stupid/idiotic/violent, etc. On the contrary, video game-related violence is more like this: you start out stupid/idiotic/violent, etc. and get "good ideas" from video games that end up being really dumb. Same thing goes for TV.  

darkslasherX
Crew

xXUber_NoodleXx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:08 pm
I loved the game. It was a game I actually got into. I beat the game twice and now since I play on PC I mod and hang out with my friends building ramps and spawning funny cars. I think the multiplayer was a good idea, think if san andreas was multiplayer it would have made more money than it did. anyways my point of view behind the ballad of gay tony and in front of the lost and the damned the original GTA 4 was the best of the series.
For PC and PS3 gamers that like the gta 4 series note that this month on the 30th the lost and the damned and the ballad of gay tony come out for those system platforms
And I think the game was so awesome and funny that you need to see my signature  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games