Reply Chatterbox/Humor
The Food Thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:55 am
Figured I'd start a thread where we could post some of our favorite recipies because pizza and ramen get old fast. I'll start.

This is a recipie I got for Canada goose, but I guess it could be used for deer too. No gurantee on results with deer. Anyways, it makes it tase like the best freaking steak you ever ate. Really, it tastes just like a really good steak when it is done, but more tender than beef could be. The green text is my own notes.

4 breasts - sliced 1" strips
1/2 jar mayonaise (use the cheap stuff)
Celery seed (sprinkle enough to cover mayo)
Garlic Salt (or powder)
3 tbsp kosher salt

put strips in water with kosher salt, let sit 12 hours
Drain goose, pat dry with paper towels

Mix together:
Mayonaise, celery seed & garlic salt
put strips in mix and let sit 12 hours

Cook on very hot grill (really, as hot as it can get)
Put goos on grill, DO NOT REMOVE MAYO (expect flames & smoke)
cook 1 1/2 - 2 mins on each side ( I found it was better to ignore this step and cook until it looks like a steak you would want to eat. Leave it a little pink in the middle. Mayo should burn off an it will look like a regular steak)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:57 pm
This isn't a recipe for food, but a recipe for a barbecue sauce.

NOTE: These aren't exact amounts of ingredients, and a lot of the recipe involves tasting and guesswork.

1 bottle ketchup (recommend Heinz or Hunts)
3-4 lemons
4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (recommend Lea and Perrins)
1/3 cup chili powder
honey or agave nectar (the thicker kind of nectar)
molasses (recommend Grandma's brand)
whiskey (optional- recommend Jim Beam or Maker's Mark)
hot sauce (optional- recommend Cajun Power Spicy Garlic Pepper Sauce or Tabasco)
container with lid
large spoon for mixing
lemon juicer (perferably one with a strainer to keep seeds and pulp out)

1. Empty the contents of the ketchup bottle into the container. The ketchup is the base to hold everything together.
2. Take three lemons and cut them in half. I recommend rolling them on the table with your hand before cutting them, as it helps release more of the juice. Juice the lemons, then pour the juice into the ketchup bottle, cap it, and shake it up. This helps get more ketchup out. Pour the resulting mix into the container.

NOTE: I recommend using a juicer with a strainer to catch seeds and pulp, as you don't want these in the sauce. If not, run the juice through a strainer after jucing the lemons.

3. add the chili powder and Worcestershire sauce. Break up any clumps of chili powder. Mix well.
4. This part involves guesswork. Add in the molasses and honey (agave nectar works as well) for sweetening. There is not exact amount, but don't put too much in- you can't take it out once you do, and it's better not to have enough than too much. Mix these in as well. The sauce should be a dark brown color.

5. This step is very important. You must taste the sauce to ensure it's coming out right. Use the instructions below to know what to add. BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN ADDING MORE INGREDIENTS, AS IT CAN DRASTICALLY CHANGE THE FLAVOR.

If not tangy enough- add another lemon.
If not tart enough- add another tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
If too tangy- add a bit more sweetening or chili powder.
If too tart- add more sweetening and lemon.
If not sweet enough- add more molasses and/or honey (or agave nectar).
If too sweet- add a bit more lemon
If too watery- needz moar ketchup
If too grainy- again, needz moar ketchup

6. If so desired, add whiskey and hot sauce for flavor. The whiskey gives it a more robust taste, while the hot sauce gives it more kick. Don't put too much whiskey in, or you will ruin the flavor- about a shot or two will do. As for the hot sauce, just add a few dashes. My recommendations for the whiskey are Jim Beam or Maker's Mark- NO JACK DANIELS. The hot sauce should be Cajun Power Spicy Garlic Pepper Sauce, if you can get your hands on it. If not, Tabasco will do.

The final result should be a thick, dark brown mix. It should be sweet, tangy and spicy at the same time, and a little bit grainy from the chili powder. Use it for dipping, basting and anything else you'd normally use BBQ sauce for.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

OO23OO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:26 am
Man pizza.

1 Pizza crust.
2lbs of shredded cheese.
1 can of pizza sause (Don Pepinos if available in your area)
1/2lb of turkey or chicken
1 package of pepperoni
1 package of bacos

Sauce the pizza crust like normal, and then throw down a layer of cheese. Follow by pepperoni, and some more sauce and cheese, throw the bird of choice on top of that, sprinkle with more cheese. Add bacos as you see fit.

Yes. I have done this.  
Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff