Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:36 pm
Din-Tei x Malika'eusi -- Light x Nux

Well, Din thought to herself. Here I am, back again. She had met with a lion... A MORTAL lion, of all lions, and he had told her that he knew who she was. In anger, Din-tei had left to the god's haven, where she now paced angrily in the snow. That idiotic orange-maned monstrosity, how dare he! How could he know who she was?

Could he possibly be right, that she had been told of from his old boss? That she had spent her last life caring for these mortals? Her last apparently long long life? Could she care for mortals for that long? No wonder she couldn't remember it...

However, she had felt a pull towards something, and after having heard his words, they made perfect sense. Her pacing slowed and quickened in the snow, leaving a nice well-packed line of snow, and Din was so lost in thoughts at his words that she couldn't even pay attention to the rest of the world.

Malika was confused, there was no other way to describe her feelings at the current moment. Her violet eyes scanned the snowy landscape around her as she wondered where she was. Her head was spinning so to speak and her thoughts, no memories, were muddled and cloudy. She didn't quite understand what had happened nor why she couldn't remember anything.

She sighed pursing her lips together as she started to trot across the snow without any direction. She had no idea who she was, where she was or why. She was lost, something that was common for her even if she didn't know it.

Din's pacing stopped as her thoughts slowed, digesting it all. Or trying to. She wouldn't return to the mortal realm for another day or so, but everything that the damned mortal had said fit. It all fit into her big gap in her memory. Even the bit about taking care of them. After all, she took care of Aki at the small price of "protection" and even had started to like her some. And that stranger, Tasuki, she had taken a small liking to him just for his guts. Perhaps it was possible to have appreciated mortals like him in her last life- could it possibly have been true? She would let that brew in the back of her mind, for her eye had actually caught some movement up here. Perhaps someone who knew the truth about her?

"Hey!" she called, rising to her feet and trotting over. Maybe this goddess would know something about her- she kept looking for someone who did. And right now, she wanted more than anything to have someone to validate (or to disprove) the mortal's words.

There were very few things that Malika was certain of; her name, that she was female and that she...had a way with words. She wasn't entirely sure why, because that this point she didn't realized that she was, in fact, the goddess of words. Still it didn't matter, she was in a foreign place and didn't know anyone. Something that worried her.

No, it didn't just worry her, it gave her an unpleasant feeling in the pit of her stomach, this situation felt all too familiar and she didn't like it. No not one bit. She felt a shiver run down her spine and she found herself sticking her nose into the scarf around her neck. Heeeeey. Where did that come from?

She found herself grinning just as the purple female called out to her. Turning her head she smiled, "h-hello?"

"Hey, I've got a strange request," Din said, getting right to business. Besides, strange requests were here specialty, and there was no hesitation in getting straight to the point. "You wouldn't happen to know me from a past life, would you?" she asked, hopeful. She doubted it, though. She'd never seen this lion's face before, and couldn't even come up with a domain for her here and now. Goddess of scarves was her best guess. And she really doubted that. "I just need to know, do you know me? Maybe my domain would help- I'm gravity," she said, pausing to see if there would be any sign of recognition from the white and green female.

She doubted she would be recognized... Was it hopeless? This was perhaps the most desperate she'd been in this lifetime- all of that pondering was hanging by a thread- she was so close to knowing what it was that filled the gap in her memory!

"C-certainly," she stammered from nerves. This was the first time she had run into another creature, which to her seemed very, very odd since was a full grown adult. The minute the female, who had wing (she just noticed), began speaking the poor female was confused. What on earth was a past life?

"I-I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what it is you are asking," she admitted. "Domain? I'm not entire sure what that is," she admitted flattening her ears against her skull. It appeared that she truly new nothing. Unfortunately.

Din didn't understand the look on the female's face, what was so hard about this? She was an adult after all. But then at her words, Din understood. "I see, you've got no memories, do you? You don't know who you are, probably, or where you are, or least of all who I am and my past..." she said, ears folding back a bit as she sat down forcefully and moodily. It was frustrating- something in the goddess didn't want to trust the mortal down there. She'd left Aki with him, she wondered where they would be... The quandary was fleeting, though, and her thoughts got back to the present.

"Well, I can tell you where you are and what's likely the most recent thing that happened to you, if you want." She offered somewhat flatly, tail curled around to her sides. Sometimes other gods in this sort of condition didn't want to be helped out, she could respect that. She always asked first, these days. Better than facing an angry paw full of claws.

She frowned, her brows knitting together as she tried to sort her thoughts. "How...how did you know?" She asked her voice a near whisper. She didn't quite understand that this was something that happened often to the immortals, that even when they died they didn't 'die' that they were in fact reborn.

Which was exactly what had happened to her, but not in the traditional way though. She was a special situation. "If you could, that would be greatly appreciated miss."

"Ah, no need for formalities with me," she said. She rolled her shoulders as she readied for the explanation. "See, we'll start with where you are, first. This is the god's haven, at the top of a really tall mountain. No mortal can survive up here. Every now and then, you see a mortal soul passing to the afterlife, but they can't linger. The only ones who can exist alive here are gods. That would be you and me," she said with half of a nod, not sure of how much this lioness remembered.

She continued. "So you're a god. When you're a god, you rule over something. I'm gravity- er, that's to say, gravity is my 'domain.' I can honestly tell you... I have no idea what your domain is. I'm sure you'll figure it out over time. Also, when a god, regardless of the domain, dies, they are reborn and they wake up here. I'd be willing to bet my bracelets that you were just reborn," she said honestly, clinking her bracelets when they were mentioned. "Sometimes you remember everything from your past life and no other lives, sometimes you remember everything that's happened to you, sometimes you remember bits and pieces from various lives - that's me, - and sometimes you can't remember anything. I'd bet the last one is you," Din said truthfully with a nod.

"I'm trying to fill one of the gaps in my memory too, but nobody seems to be able to recognize me... There's no telling whether what I think is true is actually true..." she said, more to herself than to the goddess who was with her.

"Very well," she replied pressing her lips together. This female was a bit of a strange one, she didn't quite understand how she worked yet but it was no matter, she was being helpful. For that Malika was thankful. "I've become a god?" she whispered more to herself than to the other female.

Of course being a god made sense, well at least the other one. She had wings. Malika herself was without wings and all she had was the scarf and the pen dangling from a rope around her neck. "A domain?" She mumbled before it hit her. "Words," she stated with sudden clarity. It came to her with ease, something she was surprised by.

A flash, from her memory, hit her; a figure of a male stepping from the shadows saying something to her, a bright flash of light and nothing. "Ugh," she moaned. "This hurts my head."

Din watched as she pieced it together. "Ah, so you think you're words? I can see that. And I don't know anyone else who could be words. Nice to meetcha there, Words," Din said, in a strangely good mood all of a sudden. "You happen to remember a name? I'm Din-tei, anyway," she said, realizing that she hadn't given her name. She was making a point of remembering all of the gods and goddesses she met in this lifetime. Hopefully she'd remember them in the next.

"Yeah, it can hurt your head. I was reborn this time around as a cub, but I sat up here until just a few weeks ago pondering my last life, trying to remember it. I don't know why it bugs me so much to know what happened, I should just keep going on, but I can't move past it..." she said, brows furrowing with frustration.

"I am," she replied confidence filling her. It was strange to her, just a few moments ago she knew nothing of the world before her, something she couldn't quite understand, and now since some had been explained to her it was slowly coming together. That memory flash, something that had startled her, had let her into to a bit of the secret. To a bit of her past. She only hoped that she would come to understand it and she wouldn't be so darn lost.

"Why spend your whole life in one place?" she asked frowning just a bit. "I could understand trying to find out more about your last life, since you have bits and pieces of it, but how could you do that if you stayed in one place?"

"I dunno. I guess it's stupid in retrospect, but I guess I thought that if I wondered about it for long enough, it'd come to me. And who knows, maybe it will. Maybe it will take..." she thought of the events recently. "- someone to tell me about it," she finished. "I didn't mind not leaving anyway, when you have an eternity of lives before you, sitting around for the beginning part of one will not bug you. Besides, gods can live much longer than mortals in just one lifespan, and I would have been vulnerable when I was younger anyway. When you're reborn as a cub, you're still a cub, you know?" She asked, tilting her head.

"I went down there, having given up, and I just encountered a mortal who knew my name without having met me. He told me that I did things that seem... So unlike me, I have trouble believing him," she said, launching into her recent life story. She had no idea why- probably because this was a stranger, she wondered if she'd ever bump into the lioness again, or if this would be a single chance meeting.

"Anyway, I don't like what he said, so now I'm back here, pondering again," she finished with a huff.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:52 pm
Malika could, in a sense, understand why the female had been hesitant to go somewhere different than the place that she knew. Yet it seemed odd to her that no one had, or could offer her help in figuring out her past life before now, actually it seemed quite silly that she hadn't.

It was of no matter though. "Well, I believe that if there wasn't some truth to the statement perhaps you would not feel as conflicted as you do?" She proposed biting down on her bottom lip just a bit. "Of course you could have been a completely different person in your last life so what is to say that he is incorrect?"

Din stared at her as she spoke, devouring her opinion. She never hung on the words of others like this, what was wrong with her? Perhaps... No, she was correct. If there wasn't something true behind that mortal's words, she wouldn't care so much.

"I... I suppose it's possible," she said, pondering. "It's possible that I was different. Probably not terribly different, but..." Had she grown soft in her last life? Perhaps... Perhaps she'd stopped and cared. "You're right, I think. I've got a feeling anyway..." And her feelings tended to be right. "You have been a great help to me, Words," she said, rising to her feet once more. She felt... she'd need to return the favor.

"If there's anything Gravity can do for you, you know who to ask," she said with a smirk. "Now, though, I think I'd better head off to find that mortal again, before he gets too far off from where I left him. Nice to meet you, and best of luck!" Din said before she teleported herself back to the mortal realm.

Nuxaz

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff