Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Working in a supermarket = haram or halal? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Pathan
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:37 am
Salam smile

Is it haram or halal. cuz u sell alcohol, although the money goes to the owner.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:24 pm
w/salam. ^^

not every supermarket sells alcohol, but if the government or something forces them to do, the government takes the responsibility for having their citizins drunk.

so, if it was haram, then all the supermarket should be closed and we all live without food. lol

oh! and it's unlike starbucks that brings all the money to isreal! starbucks is haram, because our money that we buy from their products kills innocent people. ><;;  

The Broken Winged Angel

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:51 am
if you are working in a section which does not sell alcohol then it is fine, if you are working in a section which sells alcohol, like you are the one doing the trading, then its haram for you. no matter who gets the money...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:55 pm
The Broken Winged Angel
w/salam. ^^

not every supermarket sells alcohol, but if the government or something forces them to do, the government takes the responsibility for having their citizins drunk.

so, if it was haram, then all the supermarket should be closed and we all live without food. lol

oh! and it's unlike starbucks that brings all the money to isreal! starbucks is haram, because our money that we buy from their products kills innocent people. ><;;

That is the most ridiculous logic ever....just wow  

Haha Coffee

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:54 pm
Four Mile Sprint
The Broken Winged Angel
w/salam. ^^

lol yea but, you have to see, Israel is getting more and more money with their products and add from america xD so indirectly its like helping it gain more exposure and also stabilizing them for a war xD

tell you one thing, that the world power is gonna go to Israel soon sad  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:43 am
tassan
Four Mile Sprint
The Broken Winged Angel
w/salam. ^^

lol yea but, you have to see, Israel is getting more and more money with their products and add from america xD so indirectly its like helping it gain more exposure and also stabilizing them for a war xD

tell you one thing, that the world power is gonna go to Israel soon sad

It wont, there to dependant on Aid, to small, not self sustaining like the other superpowers, to poor and most importantly there only interested in gaining a certain amount of land. They have no technological, agricultural or economic strengths neither do they have anything of any real global value to trade ,produce or export.

The only thing they have which they have consistently had is an extremely effective , well equipped and well trained Military which thank's to there very hostile neibourghs they have had many chances to keep on even better form.

There is no danger of Israel becoming anything close to a World Power  

Haha Coffee

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

HollywoodNobody

1,150 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:46 am
The Broken Winged Angel
w/salam. ^^
The only thing they have which they have consistently had is an extremely effective , well equipped and well trained Military which thank's to there very hostile neibourghs they have had many chances to keep on even better form.

they own money.... that is power...
they own america.... that is "world power"...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:57 am
HollywoodNobody
The Broken Winged Angel
w/salam. ^^

quote = broken winged angel confused  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:13 am
i dont think its haram but im not sure so i have to check and get back to u all.

but i dont really think its haram because ur just working to u know stack items and pack ppl's bags ur main job is not haram, unless they give like a job of giving alcohol samples like they do with other foods then i think its haram

but like i said i have to check..  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:22 am
I was asking cuz that doctor Naik Zakir or Zakir Naik or wutever it is, said that it' sharam to be in an airplane which sells alcohol (pretty must every airline sells alcohol). So it was pretty suprised confused

And then he says that working in a supermarket which sells alcohol is haram.

Ofcurse a small private shop is haram if u sell alcohol, but in a supermarket?? confused

Some muslims in Denmark can't get job, and if they try to work in a supermarket and it's haram too, then what isn't haram?

But those who sell alcohol(the owner), and those who give(the workers), are both doing it haram.

About Israel. Israel is American sate, and yes starbucks money goes to Israel too. Israel's money go to millitary. Israel's millitary goes for killing muslims. 3nodding  

The_Pathan
Captain

HollywoodNobody

1,150 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:55 am
The_Pathan
I was asking cuz that doctor Naik Zakir or Zakir Naik or wutever it is, said that it' sharam to be in an airplane which sells alcohol (pretty must every airline sells alcohol). So it was pretty suprised confused

And then he says that working in a supermarket which sells alcohol is haram.

Ofcurse a small private shop is haram if u sell alcohol, but in a supermarket?? confused

hmm... i think so if u sell it to other muslim... but i dont know what happens if u sell it to nonmuslims

The_Pathan

Some muslims in Denmark can't get job, and if they try to work in a supermarket and it's haram too, then what isn't haram?

But those who sell alcohol(the owner), and those who give(the workers), are both doing it haram.

money dont grow on supermarket... or alcohol...
& i would rather die in poverty than selling haram object for living  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:10 am
HollywoodNobody
The Broken Winged Angel
w/salam. ^^

Are you being serious, or are you just politically ignorant, if it's the latter im cool with it, if it's the former you have some problems.

1) Israil is poor, it is not rich in any sense compared to any other Global Superpower or most well of European countries
2) It most definately does not own America in fact it is almost entirely dependant on Aid from America, the only reason America and NATO dont intervene to any large extent is because we still feel guilty for them , after the whole Holocaust debaucle.

They are not a World Power at all

The_Pathan
About Israel. Israel is American sate, and yes starbucks money goes to Israel too. Israel's money go to millitary. Israel's millitary
goes for killing muslims.

By that broken and twisted Logic you must also Boycot all British, American and Chinese products as well.

As all three countries can be made to seem currently responsible for murder and oppression against Muslims

Goodluck going shopping next time your out, by your Haraam logic your probably not even allowed to purchase supplies or food at a store that sells Alcahol.  

Haha Coffee

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

HollywoodNobody

1,150 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:18 am
Four Mile Sprint
HollywoodNobody
The Broken Winged Angel
w/salam. ^^

Are you being serious, or are you just politically ignorant, if it's the latter im cool with it, if it's the former you have some problems.

1) Israil is poor, it is not rich in any sense compared to any other Global Superpower or most well of European countries
2) It most definately does not own America in fact it is almost entirely dependant on Aid from America, the only reason America and NATO dont intervene to any large extent is because we still feel guilty for them , after the whole Holocaust debaucle.

i am being serious...& im not politically ignorant...

u know... sometimes u think u know everything... but actually u dont...
& i wont bother explaining my logical theory to u from what iv said before...

The_Pathan
Four Mile Sprint
About Israel. Israel is American sate, and yes starbucks money goes to Israel too. Israel's money go to millitary. Israel's millitary

By that broken and twisted Logic you must also Boycot all British, American and Chinese products as well.

As all three countries can be made to seem currently responsible for murder and oppression against Muslims

Goodluck going shopping next time your out, by your Haraam logic your probably not even allowed to purchase supplies or food at a store that sells Alcahol.

@ four mile :be more open minded plz or at least respect people opinions..
u know... being in a debate is not a matter of making people think they are wrong... its a matter of opening ur mind to what they think...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:19 am
The_Pathan

who says its haram!!!
thats the stupidest thing i ever heard its just not logical!!! thats like saying u cant stay in a country that sells alcohol if that is true the all of us should just jump of the face of the earth because every country in the world has alcohol even saudi has it even if its sold with out ppl knowing.

when its the supermarket ok MAYBE its haram not sure, but the airlines!?!
is a supermarket u worrk and get paid and help sell
in an airline u just get to were u want and leave!
if going on an airline with alcohol is haram then half of the muslim population cant go anywhere because only one airline in the world does not have alcohol and its the saudi air lines, so ppl to not go on a "haram" airline need to pay ALOT of money come to saudi then decide were to go so they can stay on the saudi airlines!!!

ITS JUST CONFUSING AND MAKES NO SENCE!!!!

look ppl there is one thing every one keeps forgetting before deciding if something is haram or not! AL DEEN YOSR!

it means islam is easy we are not trying to torture our selves to be muslims, islam is perfect it lets a human indulge in pleasure because its not possible not to, the only difference between our pleasure and those of non muslims is that we have borders, for example we are allowed to have as much sex as we want we can do kinky things and strip teases and all that(yes this is to u zaki) but we can do that with only one person our wife or husband.

same with other things this is just one example, if i go into examples this post will never end, u ppl keep forgetting that even if u pray and fast and do all u have to do if its not in ur heart its not worth it!!!

same thing with haram things if u do something cuz u have no choice even if its haram god will forgive u, if a man who is starving steals food its not haram, if a man who is starving steals money its haram, if u are on an island with nothing around u but pigs u can eat them, because if u dont u will die.

ppl think logically dont just follow something cuz someone says its haram use ur mind damd it!!!!!!!!

if ur not convinced or something does not make sense to u its probably wrong, because every thing in islam makes sense!!!!

if im not making sense to u dont believe me!!!! BUT USE UR BRAINS STOP BEEING BRAIN WASHED SHEEEP!!!!  

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

Haha Coffee

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:20 am
HollywoodNobody
Four Mile Sprint
HollywoodNobody
The Broken Winged Angel
w/salam. ^^

i am being serious...& im not politically ignorant...

u know... sometimes u think u know everything... but actually u dont...
& i wont bother explaining my logical theory to u from what iv said before...

The_Pathan
Four Mile Sprint

@ four mile :be more open minded plz or at least respect people opinions..
u know... being in a debate is not a matter of making people think they are wrong... its a matter of opening ur mind to what they think...

If your being serious, then make serious points or at least points backed by Facts, not unfounded opinions or falsehoods.

This is one of the few Occasions where I do actually know an Awful lot on the matter, I have had more debates and done more research into Israil and it's history and it's current status than is really healthy or I would care to shake a very large stick at.

The points I gave were factual, the points you gave were supposed opinion based on if anything, fear.

WebsterDictionary

de·bate (d-bt)
v. de·bat·ed, de·bat·ing, de·bates
v.intr.
1. To consider something; deliberate.
2. To engage in argument by discussing opposing points.
3. To engage in a formal discussion or argument.

Being in a Debate is a matter of discussing points, when two or more people are in disagreement with the subject matter, I respect Pathan's opinion, or rather I respect his right to "Have" an opinion, I just think his Opinion is completely wrong and I endeavour to show him as much through Logical, Reasoned processed Debate.  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff