Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Even More Monster Hunter News(Free to play Confirmed)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cybylt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:52 pm
Today's a big day for MH fans all over North America and Europe.

First of all, the site updated today.

It shows tons of new info including the names of some previously mysterious creatures and names the T-rex looking class of beasties - The Brute Wyverns.

Next - Free to play confirmed

They even made their own Youtube Channel with it's first video being an ad for the game that bashes Deadliest Catch, a lot.

And finally, a little treat for everyone. Joining their page, Capcom-Unity(or pre-ordering at gamestop) gets you a demo of the game.

Aside from all this, their blog shows a few nice little things including what inspired the creators of the fan-made weapon contest winners. Such as the Sinister Saint Switch-Axe.

And before I forget, demo mail-in instructions  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:53 pm
Hell yes.
Happy about Tri; free to play or not.
I wont have to kill my right index finger ******** the claw.  

Raike99

Your Irish Twin Brother

Dangerous Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:57 pm
I can't get the game when it comes out, but that free demo should hold me over until I can.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:49 pm
The free to play makes this game a possibility for me. Having said that, next time, just re use your other thread, it's literally on the same page, not that far down either.  

nitnit
Captain

Mirri the Sneak

Noble Noob

2,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:41 pm
Okay, that does it; I will own this game.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:48 am
nitnit
The free to play makes this game a possibility for me. Having said that, next time, just re use your other thread, it's literally on the same page, not that far down either.

Sorry about that, I just get excited with Monster Hunter and didn't really look.

In other news, they've updated the youtube page.  

Cybylt

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:04 am
The Deadliest Catch parody thing was pretty funny. Might have to go pre=order.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:49 am
If you live in Florida, good news. Gamestop and their apparent illiteracy started stocking the demo the day they got them rather than waiting for the 8th like they're supposed to.  

Cybylt

Cybylt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:02 am
Picked up the demo yesterday and I gotta say, I love it. I love the Switch Axe, and I love that they increased the hammer's attack speed.

Overall though, the lance got the biggest upgrade, it has a charged strike that blocks while charging up, so I think its meant as a counter. It has a forward dash jump that also blocks that can be followed up with a shield bash and a back-hand with the lance that's great for dealing with small pack creatures like jaggi. The running charge picks up momentum as you go, making the forward stab at the end of it stronger.

A complaint I see about it is that A button is the do everything button, when your weapon is sheathed, its a context sensitive action button where an icon tells you what you're going to do when you press it, when using the weapon, its your main attack button, instead of pressing other buttons, you tilt the controller up, left or right for the different moves. - does whatever special attack the weapon has, Z does block or whatever replaces blocking.

I also think the Wii-mote setup is part of their whole user-friendly interface setup that they hope will get more people into the game.

I do like how there's the icons that tells you what kind of gather point it is, if you have bugnets and pickaxes it will automatically use them rather than having to switch to them. Camera control is so much better on the Wiimote Dpad with it being directly above the A button. It feels very good and the hardest thing about it would only be on people who don't know the layout of the buttons.

Aside from that, C + A is better for item use than pressing 1 since 1 is kinda low on the controller  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:51 pm
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd Announced

User Image
Taking place in a new village and adding all of the updates of Monster Hunter Tri and MORE, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd was announced last night.

Featuring three new Monsters, all weapon types up to date and even updated graphics, this game is set to be the biggest selling portable title of the year.

Features:

-Jinouga: Dragon/Wolf Pseudowyvern
-Gavua: Emus
-Aoashira: Bear

- releases at the end of 2010
- NOT a MHtri port
- Yukumo Village: based on traditional Japanese style
- armor shown is probably what the Mafumofu armor was to MHFU.
- a lot of returning monsters
- 12 kinds of weapons
- some new "bathing facility" feature
- SWITCH AXES ADDED
- Weapons featured in Tri will have their updated movesets, unsure on whether other weapons have been changed though its probable.
- Able to take out two felyne comrades and even give them new equipment.
- Infrastructure with voice chat

And last but not least, a debut trailer!

User Image

Rundown from a translated Famitsu article

Weapons are GS, tachi, hammer, SnS, twin blades, gunlance, hunting horn, lance, bow, slash axe, light bow and heavy bow, as reported. All of 'em!
Infrastructure is in.
It definitely isn't Tri.
Village is called Yukumo.
Village chief is a beautiful, middle-aged woman similar to the gathering hall woman from Unite
Recepcionist is very cute - so what's new?
Mixed sex hot spring
Lots of very oriental touches
Includes the gorge area from MHF.
Monsters are Lightening Wolf Dragon Jinouga, Aoashira, Gaava
No underwater.
Many things that are totally new to 3rd.
Monsters from Tri will also appear.
Weapons have been considerably changed.
Not as many quests as P2G, but more than P2.
Armor uses the skill points system.
You take 2 cats with you.
You can customize cat armor.
Cat weapons can be cut or hit damage.
A new communication element is added to deepen multiplay. Still a secret for now.
You can use Kanji and other Japanese alphabets for character names (until now they were only in English even in the Japanese games)
No carry over from P2G.
All of the "promises" that a MHP game must keep, will be kept.
P2 is not the base of the game, much of it has been totally remade.
Monster movements and graphics have been greatly improved - images of the village, forest and volcano do look quite a bit nicer than P2.
They want you to be thinking - "Can they really have this many monsters moving with this quality of graphics? And you can do this too...?!"  

Cybylt

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff