Plagarism?
  yes >:(
  no :o
  hard to say >_<
View Results

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:47 pm
I found this while trawling deviantart - apaprently the son of gene simmons has ben plagurising Bleach and some deviantart artists in hsi new manga.

Since i know we all apprecaite a good trolling / dose of drama i thought I'd put thsi up if you've not heard about it before.

ta dah!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-02-25/nick-simmons-incarnate-halted-over-alleged-bleach-plagiarism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarnate_(comics)

http://community.livejournal.com/bleachness/446299.html

and encylopedia dramatica's as ever entertaining take on it : http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Nick_Simmons

Opinions?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:36 pm
I really surprised the guy thought he could get away with that.
I can hardly believe it.

eek

Super Mega Nope
Crew

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:45 pm
A couple of the things look like they're just generic anime poses, but a vast majority of them look like straight up copies.

Creating "fan art" like that on deviantART is one thing, but actually selling it as your own work is something entirely different.

This guy deserves this:

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:49 pm
clicked first link DT posted and instantly remembered something i found on 4chan (the homepage, if youve been there, youd know that its got a recent image thing that shows the 3 most recent images)

User Image

saved it cause the guys face was friggin hilarious

will now go through links figuring out wtf is going on

went to 4chan to check /e/... at least it wasnt /d/ or /b/ before anybody says anything >.>  

xylert

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

xylert

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:31 pm
(FireFox crashed for some stupid reason when i was trying to upload specific pics from the third link and when it restarted, i got an invalid mode error or some such BS D: )

having gone through the whole page of comparisons, here is my reaction/what i was doing through the page:

User Image

Gene's reaction when he found out Nick was plagiarizing various works? i think it was somewhere along these lines

from my point of view, i think Nick should just man up and face the music* (lol see what i did there?) and realize, he's ******** 8 ways to sunday sideways

im actually surprised that Tite's taking all this as calmly as he is O.o

worst part is, Nick just BLATANTLY copy-pasted the panels and changed the color scheme (funny thing is, when i first saw the pic i posted in last reply, i was like, "Is that Kenpachi? O.o" didnt even know about Nick making his own comic and plagiarizing stuff, though i can see the old mans face being cropped out and it being turned into a "DO IT f*****t" image macro... and the Kenpachi character being turned into a "not sure if want" image macro or something, i might actually make that DO IT f*****t macro and upload it on to /b/ just for lulz/to see how badly the /b/tards flip out XD)

*=was typed as such unintentionally when i was making this post, after restarting FailFox after it crashed, it became less funny (at the fact i typed it as such without thinking lol)

and Dornkus, i think this is a bit more appropriate to Nicks current situation:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

and in case anybodies wondering, theres an article of this already on Encyclopedia Dramatica, just search for Incarnate and you're there (i'd link it, but its NSFW the article itself is SFW, ED as a whole is NSFW, which is why i never post links to articles from ED here)  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:57 pm
Yeah, that image is much more appropriate.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:13 pm
I'm surprised he got away with it long enough for it to be published and known.
If he's Gene Simmon's son I'm sure he had more than enough money for some art lessons.
That's just lazy. neutral

Reminds me of that Vampirella chick who got so much popularity on deviantart a while ago for basically what were traced Naruto and Bleach screenshots.
(She got away with it because they were vectors which apparently is code for "trace that s**t and it becomes my own art")
She made me want to kick a baby.
Hard.
Right in the head.
Seriously.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:16 am
Zizzykitty
I'm surprised he got away with it long enough for it to be published and known.
If he's Gene Simmon's son I'm sure he had more than enough money for some art lessons.
That's just lazy. neutral

Reminds me of that Vampirella chick who got so much popularity on deviantart a while ago for basically what were traced Naruto and Bleach screenshots.
(She got away with it because they were vectors which apparently is code for "trace that s**t and it becomes my own art")
Hard.
Right in the head.
Seriously.

tartlets are know for white-knighting the next "OMG HAVE MY BABIES!!1" 'great' artist (just search for teru-chan on encyclopedia dramatica, or any other drama-causing artist from deviant art)

remember, tartlets are just as stupid as your average /b/tard newfag, if not stupider...  

xylert

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:37 am
*looked through the pics...*
It's one thing to have a a picture or two that looks like someone else's work, but this is insane. It looks like everything he drew was a remodel of something from Bleach. Espiecially his bonde girl vs. Orihime from Bleach. (that her name??)

Has anyone actually read some of his comic??? Little Simmons, I mean. Cause it looks like everything's from Bleach from just those few pages...

Am I shocked it happened? Nope. stare
I'm not a big KISS fan, so I don't know any kind of puns to make a joke outta this one...
Maybe little Simmons just needs to keep working with the Dr. Pepper commercials. rofl rofl rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:40 am
Now that I look at it again... Bleach's work looks a lot better than this incarnate. Not as many facial lines and stuff... Maybe cause it wanted to make it for Western readers or something? Ah, well...
Hoo-hum.  

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:47 am
Zizzykitty
Hard.
Right in the head.
Seriously.
Don't forget all the Sonic the Hedgehog recolors.

Artist: "Tis is my charter! He is speedy teh hedjhog! He is fastur then sonic an greeen!"
Watchers: "YOU'RE STUF IS AMZING!!!

Black_Angel_Flowne
It's one thing to have a a picture or two that looks like someone else's work, but this is insane. It looks like everything he drew was a remodel of something from Bleach. Espiecially his bonde girl vs. Orihime from Bleach. (that her name??)

I just know her as Leek Spin Girl, or the redhead from Bleach.

Upon checking, you are indeed correct. I will now completely forget her name in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . .  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:00 pm
Dornkus
Zizzykitty
Hard.
Right in the head.
Seriously.

Artist: "Tis is my charter! He is speedy teh hedjhog! He is fastur then sonic an greeen!"

How could I forget?
At least they tend to just stay popular just within the Sonic fanbase.
This chick was making front page at least once a week.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

xylert

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:21 pm
Dornkus
Zizzykitty
Hard.
Right in the head.
Seriously.

pretty much dead on there dude

Dornkus
Black_Angel_Flowne

I just know her as Leek Spin Girl, or the redhead from Bleach.

Upon checking, you are indeed correct. I will now completely forget her name in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . .

lol

Edit: HEY! DT, did you even know about the ED article before i mentioned it? stare  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games