Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Recycle Bin
A heartfelt message from a Crewmember~ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Slate Scholar
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:39 pm
Hello my dear Guildies,

I have taken notice of a lack of activity in the guild that really frightens me. Before our Guild Master, Pink Plastic Ninja, went on an extended, semi-permanent Gaian hiatus, this guild was one of the most active guilds I have ever had the privilege of participating in. We had events and contests that occurred semi-weekly, crack comics that were completely unrelated to the original topic, extended discussions on semi-serious topics, semi-competitive post wars to level up our ID cards, and really awkward meetings in Towns (you can even note some of these in our Photo Album).

In fact, I must shamefully admit to being guilty of neglecting my duties as a crew member. My hiatus from Net Slum occurred around my Senior year of high school and while I have never fully withdrawn from Gaia, I do confess to having signed on and not checking the guild's condition; I even attempted to make a comeback for the guild twice during this hiatus, but my efforts all eventually fell through. I sincerely believe my temporary hiatus from Net Slum as a major contributor of its decline. To make matters worse, recently, I have used this guild primarily as a way to vent my frustrations at other Gaians, and I have completely overstepped my boundaries as a member of this guild by taking advantage of my influence over other guild members. While I would never deny accusations of immaturity, I must admit that this is a low that even I could not have anticipated. For my crimes committed against this guild, I must request your acceptance of my most sincere apology.

Moving from my shortcomings, while I cannot force the Guild Sisters to completely suspend whatever may be going on in their lives and come back to the guild, I can attempt at another revival of Net Slum and hope that is sufficient enough to restore some of the life in the guild. So, here are a few of my ideas, but please feel free to suggest additional topics:

1. Contests and Events: I remember one of the most fun aspects of this guild was the semi-weekly events that PPN somehow was able to manage and coordinate. While I am no PPN, I will attempt to make more contests, including the continuation of PPN's Color-Themed Dream Avatar Contests

[[EDIT: Dream Avatar Contest: Green has been created]]

and perhaps even the creation of a Three-Year Anniversary Giveaway contest (even though I know its occurrence would be extremely late).

[[EDIT: This event is currently under private construction.]]

2. Cosplays and Tekteks: While this would take an extensive amount of time now, I am planning on posting pictures of all the conventions I have currently had to pleasure of attending. Feel free to point out that you were there and if I caught you in an image (perhaps you can remind me what you were and I can see if I captured you to the side).

3. Towns: We used to have many-a-hilarious meeting in Towns, and while I cannot assure you that I can successfully coordinate an event that I can fully attend (the Pluto's Kiss Event was a LOVELY example of this), I can at least try.

4. Game Assistance: I may attempt to make another FAQ depending on how much of a need there is to a problem. So far I have only made a Doppelganger and Omega Hidden Darkside Holy Ground, but there may be more of a need once LINK comes out in North America.

5. Mules: I cannot currently access Net Slum Dweller, Net Slum Dweller II, or Pluto Kiss Virus, all of which were Guild Mules, but I can attempt to make some accounts that serve a similar purpose. The only problem with this would be the fact that I would need Griever or Sauce-Kay to promote it so that it may make announcements to everyone. I will inform you all once I have another mule. Hell, I may even make a contest to make me a Net Slum denizen cosplay that I could make into a mule. Perhaps.

Well, this is all I have to say for now. If I think of anything else, I will update this post. I thank you all for your time in reading this, and I hope we can help this guild become more active again.

Sincerely,
The Slate Scholar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:53 am
I have a banner in my profile for this Guild.
With every .hack fan I see, I do ask them to join.
I hope I can help bring in some regs.

Amarah Couture

5,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200

BreathLessX
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:04 am
I'll be as active as I can, as I am a Net Slum Crew Member too. This ideas are well-put Slate. Hopefully we'll bring back some regulars or get some new members that will stick around.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:12 am
This sounds like it was a busy all the time before I joined. I'll try to help you out on returning it to the way it was.  

gecloud

Dangerous Prophet

9,175 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400

deathwalker 9000

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:22 pm
i have not been very active on this guild but i have been watching this guild very closely  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:48 pm
I'm here, Slatey-poo, and I'll help~  

yokaiy

Naota3

4,400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:41 pm
lol finaly something intresting is gonna happen >:3  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:51 pm
I come and go >8U but finding and killing Tri-Edge comes first >8[  

Xu Chang

fk12

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:56 pm
H-haha, I guess the guild is losing a bit of steam because .hack is nearing its end and people have moved on to different fandoms and stuff? Though I guess that's not excuse. I mean, I'm out, but look, I'm still here!

I'll do my best to keep this place alive, man. o7  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:30 pm
Ill try to be more active ^_^ although all i seem to do is search out and insert myself into sessions of off-topic randomness on the main threads XD ill definitely work to be more entrenched in this guild, since even in its slightly inactive state its still my favorite guild ever biggrin  

Mr Eliot

The Slate Scholar
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:05 pm
I think the best this guild could hope for is a final, resounding blast
caused by .hack//LINK, probably fizzling out about 2 to 4 months
after its North American release. If this guild seems to be completely
inactive, I'll probably make some final, extensive event to celebrate
the history of .hack// and Net Slum

Actually, a great idea has come to mind. I may do something like the
basis for .hack// Legend of the Twilight and raffle off some mule that
comes fully equipped with a few .hack// cosplays. One male account
and one female account, perhaps, depending on how much money I
can accumulate between now and then.

Of course, I certainly cannot declare the Time of Death of this guild,
as that decision must be made by the Guild Sisters, and IF they
inform me of this decision, I will begin the event.

In the meanwhile, come up with some epic names for these mules.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:32 pm
I'm in 4 guilds (have been in 9 since January) and this is the ONLY guild I ever go and post in.
I'd honestly hate to see it go.

Amarah Couture

5,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:37 pm
I iz in ur thread,

Lurkin' your posts.

^.^

Sorry if I never post, I tend to join and leave Guilds often, mostly I'll only stick with one Guild out of every ten or fifteen I join for more than two weeks or so.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:33 am
Wow, really? This guild is a lot more active than any of my other guilds, so I'm surprised that it seems to be losing steam.  

Ayekasong

Mr Eliot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:39 pm
Amarah Couture
I'm in 4 guilds (have been in 9 since January) and this is the ONLY guild I ever go and post in.
I'd honestly hate to see it go.
seconded  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas