Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Morality Time

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:32 pm
Alright guild, I have a fairly cliche question about morality for you all.

If you were driving, it was dark, too dark for anyone to see, and you accidentally hit someone, probably killing them, would you stop or keep going?

Keep in mind that if you stop and call an ambulance, you're probably going to get in trouble, possibly jail time. If you keep going, you won't.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:10 am
Check if my car is fine, if so then throw body to forest.  

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:11 am
I'd check their pulse. If they're dead, too bad. If not, apply first aid until they are. I mean until they get better. Yeah, that's it. Then drive away so they can't "thank" me.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:08 am
I would stop and call an ambulance. I wouldn't be so heartless as to just keep on driving. I would rather face jail time than living with the guilt of possibly killing someone  

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:28 pm
Check to see if they're dead or not. Either way I'd probably just call an ambulance and drive away.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:52 pm
To break the question, Me, i have no interest to drive therefore this wouldn't happen but here's a a thought, BRING NIGHT VISION GOGGLES biggrin , one there badass, two they help you see, three there military grade which corresponds to one, geez man, you peoples needs to know this on the roads stare  

The Ginger Dude

Cybylt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:18 am
I'd stop and call an ambulance. Person would probably drop the charges if you stuck around and helped anyway.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:23 am
I'd play the role of Lawful-Stupid White knight and take the blame, even if it wasn't my fault.

I know because I've done this sort of thing before; I ended up in a very strange accident about 13 months ago. Both of us plead to being at fault and neither side filed charges. It was later determined that it was the other driver's fault, but at that point I simply didn't care anymore.  

Mirri the Sneak

Noble Noob

2,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:43 pm
Turns out Kunx and I are the guild's best sociopaths. Makes sense actually  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:23 pm
My question is if I'm by myself or with others.

If I'm by myself, help.

If I'm with others, blame them for causing me to drive so late at night, then drive off with them crying on the side of the road.  

pathetic_negi_magician

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:52 pm
who the hell would drive in a pitch bllack tunnel without their headlights?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:39 pm
I never said anything about a tunnel or headlights. I said if you were driving, it was dark, and you hit someone, what would you do. I also mentioned it was so dark that no one saw you doing the act, so you don't have risk of another person calling in the crime.  

nitnit
Captain

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:42 pm
i'd probably leave them there for being an idiot and not driving with their lights on. then i'd collapse the tunnul with explosives and drive away like nothing happened.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:30 pm
Dammit. Either ravemaster can't read or is trying to troll me.  

nitnit
Captain

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:18 pm
nitnit
Dammit. Either ravemaster can't read or is trying to troll me.
Or both.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff