Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
After Halo Reach? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lt Gigglebottom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:03 pm
So i just learned that Bungie studios has said that after halo reach is out and done with after they've said that they are going to stop with the halo series. Bungie said that after what 5-6 games it would still be premature to stop the series. What do you guys think, do you think they're going to go through with it or just stop?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:17 pm
I recently watched a Machinima Inside Gaming video, that addressed this. Here's the link, you'll find what I'm talking about at about 0:40-1:20. Granted this news doesn't really affect me, as I don't really like Halo, but I figured it addressed your topic subject.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMgOeNgB-fw  

Haratio TaFotter

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:41 pm
i'll be happy now, because the halo phenom will die down for a while, and people will focus on more important games, which if i tick people off for saying this, i don't care, HALO IS OVERRATED!!!!!!!!! scream , though i think that for all shooters, Shooter= Fire and Cover, that's it xp  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:38 am
I know all a lot of people seem to not like halo and say its overrated and I can say the same thing about Call of Duty. I really like the Halo universe and look forward to Reach. I know Bungie will explore other platforms and probably make another great IP, I just hope 343 Industries can carry the franchise well.

Just saw the multiplayer beta trailer and it is pretty wild! Halo: Reach beta Trailer

As for shooters being all shoot and cover with no strategy at all. I would just like to point out that you have to think of your weapon loadout, grenades, what OP weapon spawns where, and how to approach your opponent is what you think about in a game.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Lt Gigglebottom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:01 pm
Tron714
I know all a lot of people seem to not like halo and say its overrated and I can say the same thing about Call of Duty. I really like the Halo universe and look forward to Reach. I know Bungie will explore other platforms and probably make another great IP, I just hope 343 Industries can carry the franchise well.

Just saw the multiplayer beta trailer and it is pretty wild! Halo: Reach beta Trailer

As for shooters being all shoot and cover with no strategy at all. I would just like to point out that you have to think of your weapon loadout, grenades, what OP weapon spawns where, and how to approach your opponent is what you think about in a game.

yeah i just saw it also looked awesome. Especially with that opening when one of the players gut punches the other guy and you go "Oooh damn." and for me i've always loved halo since the first one i've gotten disappointed yeah but never stopped liking it because the series didn't get better. but i also learned that Activision fired the presidents of Infinity Ward, it was on some website can't remember which one though.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:54 pm
To think that the Halo franchise will simply end after Reach is foolish. It'll continue, just hopefully not in the form of more RTSes.  

nitnit
Captain

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:36 am
Tron714

I have to say, that trailer really caught my eye. I might just check it out, maybe rent it or something, but for the most part, I agree with Ginger that Halo is a tad overrated. I'm not saying its a bad game by any means, I just don't see what's so special about it.

And as for nit's post if they never make another Halo RTS, I'll die a happy man.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:07 pm
nitnit
To think that the Halo franchise will simply end after Reach is foolish. It'll continue, just hopefully not in the form of more RTSes.

I agree...  

Lt Gigglebottom

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:11 am
All I know is May 3rd is going to be intense for me. I know everyone is going to try out the jetpacks first thing and I'll give a little insight on how the multiplayer comes after the beta ends.

And as for what makes halo interest me in just the polished multiplayer and the whole SPARTAN lore. Its kinda neat to see how kidnapped children(who are replaced with clones that die) get turned into super soldiers . ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:30 am
Read the book years ago, so kind of been there done that.

I wonder just how much they're going to rip off of modern warfare.  

nitnit
Captain

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:50 pm
Yeah, originality's unfortunely becoming a relic of the past stare  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:20 pm
The only thing that turned me off about the beta trailer were the jet packs. What the hell is that anyway?  

Lt Gigglebottom

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:53 am
Whats wrong with jetpacks? I love that idea. I remember when I was a newblet playing Tribes! Adding jetpacks gives just adds more strategy and movement options. If the Halo 1 pistol is back, popping some shots into skulls while boosting around in the air sounds pretty epic to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:05 am
If the whole perk system ends up being based on level requirements like CoD, then the Halo franchise is going to be worse. One of the reasons why Halo is taken much more seriously on the high competitive level is that it's much more balanced, and anyone can jump in without having people 40 levels higher than them using much stronger weapons.

Yes, I realize there are deathstreak perks that let you copy the loadout of whoever killed you, and you can pick up their weapons, but it really doesn't help newer players who already have a disadvantage experience wise get into the game when there are people running around with far superior weapons with great upgrades on them to boot.  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:12 am
I doubt with Bungie will even include a level system of any sort. I am pretty positive it will still take to its roots with weapons on the ground, and starting out with a Assualt Rifle/Pistor or BR.

The whole equipment system is built into the Spartan customization set up. So select how you want your spartan to look like and his equipment. I like to think of RvB's Tex as an example.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff