Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 3
[Official] Sims 3 Ambitions Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:57 pm
It's official people. EA have announced the next Sims 3 expansion pack!
This one is called Sims 3 Ambitions and focusses on Sims careers.
The official information is on the Sims 3 news page; http://www.thesims3.com/community/news.html?selMonth=2&selYear=2010#-2076267565

From looking at the pictures it seems as though they may be adding career missions to the game. It says that the choices your Sims make will effect the whole town and other Sims as well. Read the article for some examples.
Also, is it me or does there appear to be a rather crude looking 'servo' robot in one of the screenshots? I wonder if it will be this packs creature?

Thoughts? I'm actually more interested in this pack than I was World Adventures (which I've still not bothered with).  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:34 pm
Hummm...

I don't know.

World Adventures wasn't that fantastic. It added a lot of cool items, but I really don't care for the main point behind it-- giving the sims more "to do".

Like every 5 minutes I get an opportunity. Go to France and take a picture. Go find me a relic from China. I will pay you. Go.

And I feel like this game will do it just as much or more. Complete the opportunity. Then do another. And another.

I don't know. I'm sure I'll end up getting it, but I'm not all that pumped, because I know they're just going to spam me with more and more "opportunities".

(I sort of wish there was a game option to completely opt out of them. That's not how I like to play.)  

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:25 am
Well you can always ignore opportunities.

Anyway, there is slightly more info here: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/EA-Announces-The-Sims-3-bw-4097840193.html?x=0&.

I found the link from SnootySims. I think this pack might actually make me play characters outside of what I normally would if it actually lives up to what it promises. I never really play characters with negative traits as there aren't really any benefiets that I know of. With this pack though it seems there might be.

Plus, they are adding a tattoo system! Your Sims can learn the art of tattooing and then ink up their pals (and complete strangers knowing how the game usually works). Tattoos aren't something that appeal to me enough to go looking for CC versions but if they are in the game I'll give it a go.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:39 am
on the sims 3 fan page of facebook, this was leaked days ago :3
I was at first not at all excited...
until I read the Q&A for ambitions.
All the new careers sound exciting.
Tattoo artist, Inventor, firefighter, ghost buster, etc.
I can't wait.
Granted, I've never liked the idea of having more jobs to choose from, but now they're going to be revamping the towns, as they need more buildings, and that idea, I like.

Carantathraiel

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:44 am
Here is the Q&A with trailer> http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/thesims3ambitions/news.html?sid=6252806&mode=previews

I'm more interested in it now more than ever.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:58 am
User Image
Can a ɥәɐʁʇ that isn't supposed to exist break down and ɔʁʎ?

same.
I was indifferent to it until I read that a few days ago.
My husband will have to bribe me off the computer when I buy that >w>

Carantathraiel

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:11 am
I'm looking forward to the ability to move, create and delete lots from Edit Town without the need of CAW! Yay!
I miss that ability from Sims 2.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:50 am
I can't wait! My sims can finally have tattoos! lol The ghost hunter looks rather interesting as well.... still waiting on aliens and vamps though... >.>  

Chef Tine

mangacraz00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:45 pm
This seems pretty cool <33
I think the ghost buster job looks awesome~  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:22 pm
Looks okay :B I'd like to give my rockstar afew tattoos, but it's nothing to waste $40 on for me.
I wish they'd make TS3 Pets though :] I loved it for TS2.

The Little Fellow

Carantathraiel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:21 pm
same, though i do enjoy not having to fence in my yard to keep dogs from digging it up xD thats a nice change.

I'm excited about the tattoo artist and the ghost buster. :"D i want to beat people up to make them answer my questions. can't wait. ^^
the rest i'm a little eh on.

I already move everything around in my town, so thats not going to be new for me...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:24 pm
Darn, you beat me to it!
I'm really excited,
Trailer

I didn't like WA that much, so I'm hoping this one will be better. P:  

Happy Tragedy

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

Morbrid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:19 pm
I think this looks awesome; I'm way more interested in this expansion than I was for World Adventures. I've always wanted to be able to control my sims while they were at work. And unless they delay it, it looks like it'll be coming out in time for my b-day! =D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:48 pm
Firepoles! I almost jizzed my pants.

Wasn't interested in WA at all, but Ambitions looks awesomesauce.  

elevator

Friendly Friend

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:25 am
The firefighter saving the little girl in the vid gave me a warm fuzzy feeling c:

And it has simlish Rise Against songs?!
Def. going to be a good buy (:  
The Sims 3

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas