Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Cross to Eden

Back to Guilds

A guild focused on obeying Gods word. If you dont want to live a life of godliness for Christ then this is not the guild for you! 

Tags: Christian, Bible, Cross, Jesus, Eden 

Reply A Cross to Eden
{a}theists

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Enmana

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:28 am
hello ^.^
just wondering why it is that in places where there are more atheists there is less crime, more gender equality, and the people have higher IQ's than they do in religiously dominant countries and countries with many theists, like america and britain and iraq.
please no kill me for posting question, just wanted to know your opinions and please be nice to me.
peace and love
=^.^=

heart
heart
heart  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:28 pm
Not trying to sound mean in any way, shape, or form, however I would like to see some statistics that support your theory. I'll use this as an example; were you aware that areas generally dominated by a religious population donated to charities, performed community service work, and provided aid to the less fortunate over ten times more than an Atheist community? (Broad statement, a matter of opinion, no facts to back it.)

You're using a broad assumption based on a small sect of people that, maybe, account for 10% of the world's population. With a larger proportion of people being involved in religion you will generally see a larger amount of inequality as opposed to that of a smaller organization. I can guarantee you that if said ratio of religious personnel per non-religious were reversed that inequality would be just as evident. Tis but the natural flaw of humans; we are a foolish race of individuals who take pride in believing in our own fantasy worlds of perfection. As for the IQ remark, once again I require statistics to back your beliefs. From what I've seen a majority of Atheists tend to be teenagers that feel they have nothing to believe in, and a vast majority are, dare I say, average in IQ at best. Their general arguments for the opposition of religion tend to be salty and unpolished, easily fallible if you catch my drift. Once again, if you reverse the populace then you will find that the average IQ of an Atheist is severely decreased.  

AngelofRelief

Berenich Machavian

Fashionable Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:29 am
1: I agree that this honestly needs some factual backing.
2: I've heard the same thing, ironically produced by athiest mediums.
3: Isn't this kinda the heresy we're trying to avoid in this guild?  
A Cross to Eden

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games