Reply Chatterbox/Humor
Xbox 360 Repair Process

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:39 pm
So as I may have mentioned, my 360 crapped out on me like you've heard have happened to plenty of them.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I would have just gone though the process online, but when I put in the serial number I was told that the machine had already been registered. Which would, of course, be to the friend I bought it from (who's currently serving the country in Iraq). So I was going to try to set it through with him when he came home on leave (the previous two weeks) but that didn't end up happening, so he just said to call them. I didn't think that would get me any further than the Internet and didn't want to talk to a robot, but figured it was worth a shot.

So I got past the automated part, which wasn't really that long, and got to talk to a lady. It didn't help that she had a Spanish accent and I had a cold, so we were repeating everything a half dozen times. But if she was losing patience, she didn't show it. Anyway, she transferred registration to me and had a package slip emailed to me. I printed it, so all I have to do is tape it on a box and UPS it to the repair center (in Texas, one state over, score!)

And then I should have a working 360 again, maybe to buy Final Fantasy XIII on.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:58 am
What caused the RRoD? I've heard some pretty shitty things causing it, like one of my friends tipped it over while it was off, and it fell on its side. When he tried to start it up again, RRoD. Shitty plastic piece inside snapped and KO'd the whole thing.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:52 pm
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed,
but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance...

No one really knows what causes it. I heard a thing where a former employee of Microsoft released information about Microsoft knowing about the Ring and not bothering to fix it at all, he said it was a virus.

Personally I don't really think Microsoft even knows.

It sucks that you've had to send yours in Armas. I hope I never have to experience that with my Xbox. Mine's over a year old.

... In Switzerland they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years
of democracy and peace, what did they produce? The cuckoo clock.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:57 pm
I've seen the internal workings of an Xbox 360- we took mine apart to repair the DVD drive (belt came loose). The DVD drive is RIGHT on top of the graphics processor, so some of the heat that builds up from the disc spinning is transferring to the heat sink between the drive and the processor.

That may be part of the problem.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:27 pm
Requiem in Mortis
I've seen the internal workings of an Xbox 360- we took mine apart to repair the DVD drive (belt came loose). The DVD drive is RIGHT on top of the graphics processor, so some of the heat that builds up from the disc spinning is transferring to the heat sink between the drive and the processor.

That may be part of the problem.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed,
but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance...

User Image
You think? Cause I'm not tech savvy and that sounds like a definite problem that could have some backfires.

... In Switzerland they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years
of democracy and peace, what did they produce? The cuckoo clock.

Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games