Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
I got a Knifty Knitter for Christmas Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gemini6184

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:59 pm
Yeah, it was a surprise from my mom. I opened it and I was like uhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... I hand-knit everything, the closest I've come to using one of those round looms was when I used a knitting spool for ties for something. I have no clue what to do with it gonk I picked up a (very small) book of patterns, since the thing only came with one in the instructions, but I'm wondering - Anyone else have one? What do you like about them?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:04 pm
I've never even heard of one before, I did a little search for it and found some free patterns though smile
http://www.macphersoncrafts.com/FreeProjects/FreeProject_KniftyKnitter_Detail.asp  

BabyLondonStar

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:53 pm
I had a couple of knitting magazines with bits about those. They were talking about knitting bags and stuff with them. I was kind of interested in checking them out.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:42 pm
DecemberFlower
I had a couple of knitting magazines with bits about those. They were talking about knitting bags and stuff with them. I was kind of interested in checking them out.
Bags. huh? I can see that...  

gemini6184

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:15 am
I don't have one, but I have something similar (a dinky plastic "kit" from a dollar store). They're really addicting once you get started. Bags, scarves, little hats, smaller scarves and hats to put on pissed off cats.... The possibilities are endless. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:48 pm
ScribblerChrislea
I don't have one, but I have something similar (a dinky plastic "kit" from a dollar store). They're really addicting once you get started. Bags, scarves, little hats, smaller scarves and hats to put on pissed off cats.... The possibilities are endless. heart
yeah i think i had something like that for barbie clothes once upon a time. looks like ill be using up my stash making baby hats for the one group on campus that calls for baby items round october for one of their mission trips. And I have all that baby yarn left over from my godsons blacket too.... biggrin  

gemini6184

~neko neko kitty~

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:09 am
I knit everything by hand, so I've never been interested or wanted one. My friend's mom uses it, she's made bags, hats, and scarfs (just used half of the loom).  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:25 pm
My mom bought one for me when I was first learning to knit. The set now collects dust in the corner. *shrugs* She meant well... It's just... She'd have been better off simply giving me the $15.00 she spent on it.  

hikikomorihime

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:40 am
If nothing else, the smaller one makes for a fun hat when you're drunk with a camera or need a makeshift crown. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:56 am
ScribblerChrislea
If nothing else, the smaller one makes for a fun hat when you're drunk with a camera or need a makeshift crown. ^_^

lol

I'm sure anything would make a fun hat if you were drunk.  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

gemini6184

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:06 am
DecemberFlower
ScribblerChrislea

lol

I'm sure anything would make a fun hat if you were drunk.
hence the classis lampshade

so far its nice for using up my stash quickly. i could sell those hats on ebay....  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:06 am
I have one, haven't used it yet sweatdrop , The pattern book that came with the round set I got had more patterns for the rectangle one than the circle.  

KnitterChick1993

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:30 pm
Lychee Fruit
and hats to put on pissed off cats....

Hahaha!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:52 am
I got one as well from my boyfriend's parents. Right now I'm making a Santa Clause hat with it. It was a little confusing at first, but now that I've gotten the hang of it it's actually just as relaxing as hand knitting.  

Brunette_Star

Gothic Alice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:57 pm
TakanoBaby
I've never even heard of one before, I did a little search for it and found some free patterns though smile
http://www.macphersoncrafts.com/FreeProjects/FreeProject_KniftyKnitter_Detail.asp

I am so assimilating that website in to my favorites for my little sister and her knitter!! biggrin  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff