Welcome to Gaia! ::

Crime & Investigation Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those interested in crime, criminology and forensic science. 

Tags: murder, criminal, forensics, serial killers, crime 

Reply theory and thoughts
The novel for the main story. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Evan_or_L
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:06 pm
Well, I'm actually thinking of writing a novel once I've become an investigator after making some more realistic tweaks to the story. The story is as follows.

The first book would be labeled REFLECTION:

This book is the story of Seth Nyxit. He is born with an adrenaline disorder that inhibits his memory and gives him violent spells as a cold fighter. He uses this ability in sever stress when someone tries to fight him. He is attacked by a mutated man named WRAITH, the experimental ghost of a cult called the Plague. He is infected by the Cain mutagen (a blood to blood contact contaminant) and is sent to a mental hospital. There he meets two people who've had the same experiences as him with the plague members. The members track seth through the newspapers and abduct him, alexia, and Chris (the two survivors). He is forced into a strict conditioning program where he undergoes tests, psychological torture, and a breakdown to "Fix" a gene that changed between hosts. Seth attempts to escape and commit suicide. He is captured by Khane (The leader and yes it's spelt differently for a reason) who punishes him for insolence. Eventually the military was contacted by Alexia. The facility is gunned down by Swat except for Seth, Alexia, Chris, Kaden, the children, and Khane's daughter who escapes.

The second book is called Infection:

Seth joins an agency created when the cult continues to thrive because of Khane's daughter called the D.O.G. program. Seth takes out several terrorists and learns that he accidentally infected a killer that he hunted. Unfortunately, this killer sells samples of his mutated blood on the Black market to the plague members and a few military organizations. Human weapons are developed. Seth hunts down a terrorist that was born with the gene, and naturally had powers. He was tired of persecution, and joined seth's team under the table. They destroy plague except for the humble followers without the mutation. All people with the mutation who aren't a D.O.G. are killed. Jason escapes, because of seth.

The final book is called Intentions:

The final sample of the mutagen held by the military is transferred to a facility. A rogue doctor who was infected steals the sample and threatens the government to let him kill off every terrorist organization in exchange for the sample. The government strap a bomb heart rate to him. If he dies, or betrays the government, the explosive will kill everyone around him within 4 miles. He commenses the blood bath, rescues his brother who the organizations that the doctor could take down couldn't kill, and reveals a final aspect to the Cain mutagen. Seth, begins his own business with a few people he's trusted who's goal is to find ALL people infected with the gene. The doctor goes missing and they hunt him down. The doctor reveals his plan. After this point I haven't decided who lives or dies so, it may change.

These are VERY watered down summaries. They are pretty accurate though. If you have any critiques or comments, please let me know. Also because of the characters you created I assume you'd like to start at the second book. I hope that this is okay.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:33 pm
Whoa, it's pretty neat how you're making a book. I think it's awesome so far!~

Let's see...
So, in the first book, the leader of the Plague is Khane has a daughter and you said she also escaped along with the group. Does that mean her own father was experimenting on her? (That's good, it strenghtens the character and shows the reader how truely corrupt he is!)

In the second book, it mentions Jason for the first time and I couldn't find his name anywhere else. Another infected person? Does he help the group or thanks them and pursues his life?

The third book, if possible do you think you could give me more information on the, 'final sample of the mutagen?' Is it like, a cure to the gene, or the final evolvtion of the gene, and what's so special about it? (Must be really something to get stolen and everyone looking for it.)

Other than that, a very interesting book!~
X3

Everlasting Sasori

Evan_or_L
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:26 pm
1.) I never thought about the experimenting on his daughter. Since it's gebetic I thought she would have it, but he experimented on other children in his church so that's not too far fetched.

2.) Jason was a rare case. Like Khane, he was born with the trait. Unfortunately the government assumes Khane is the only progenitor.

3.) The mutagen comes in three forms.

The first is the progenitor. This is the general form. The symptoms remain the same (Pupiless eyes and a mutation in the brain with a new section in the brain that produces a unique type of brain wave. that lowers life expectancy)

The second type is the mutation. It has varying side effects including insanity, eye changing, and vein enlargement, hair color changes and differing nuerotransmitters. The brain mutation always occurs. Life expectancy changes.

The third sample is the perfected mutagen. It is like the progenitor, but at will it can become dormant, controlled, and the body is strengthened. The lifespan is also the same as an average human.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:36 pm
Wow, nice.
Well, I think it's doing great so far! Are you thinking about adding more books to the series?

Everlasting Sasori

Evan_or_L
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:07 am
Well, I was thinking of having a couple side books but those would be based on the main. Like Evan's side story is based off of an event in the second to third book.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:27 pm
Wow, nice. How long have you written/thought about these books? Where do you think your inspiration came from too?
X3

Everlasting Sasori

Evan_or_L
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:35 pm
The ideas stared three years ago, but I've only fleshed ideas out this year. Now it's only a matter of writing it.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:43 pm
Neat!~
X3
Don't give up on it! It may take time, but keep at it!~
(Advice coming from someone who, did in fact give up...)
=w=;;

Everlasting Sasori

Evan_or_L
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:50 pm
You had a story as well? It's never too late to start again. I already had two chapters (Like 20 pages each on microsoft word.) when I realized the were worthless not to mention a forty page book that was the building blocks for it that all ended up useless. I'm still thinking about writing this book too. What is yours about?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:03 pm
Whoa, that's a lot of typing. I could never do that. Geez, how could they all be useless?

Ohh, I've given up on dozens of them. Although, mine isn't a 'book' but a manga (japanese comic book).
I think I have a pretty good idea, and my drawing skills have greatly improved, but my plot stinks and I haven't fully worked it out yet.

Everlasting Sasori

Evan_or_L
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:06 pm
Really? Please can you tell me what it's about.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:37 pm
Ehh, well as I mentioned I haven't worked out all of the screws but...

I have most of the characters worked out. The plot is sort of based on what's going on right now in America, but with a few modifications...
Vague plot line idea (still debating): There's a corrupted government and the country is so far in debt (the dollar is only worth 25 cents). The government is getting desperate so they have gone as far as stealing gold from the people to raise the value. This group of teens realize what's happening after they've all been affected and get together to rebel against the government. Although, the government is also keeping another secret from the world. Once they collect all of the gold, something extrodinary is supposed to happen. (Still haven't thought of what...)

I need to work out everyone's weapons, and if they get unordinary powers, how they get them.
I also want space to be apart of this too. I heard my Science teacher from a couple years ago say that when the planets are created, they get created with some gold thrown in so that's why gold is all over the Earth. I was hoping that maybe the teens could be beaten by the government so easily (dramatic plot twist) and once they've (government) gotten all of the gold, nothing happens! (Another dramatic plot twist) Then they realize that gold is in every single planet out there, so to get what they want to happen, they'd have to collect it from every one!
Thus the title: Children of the Stars

Yeah, that's a bad outline of it.

Ehhhh, I just realized that I met you at a Death Note guild, so of course you'd know what manga is.
=w=;;

Everlasting Sasori

Evan_or_L
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:45 pm
Hah, Oh well, Manga is still interesting.

As for your story it's super interesting. I only have two questions. Why does the government not kill the kids. Also, what can the gold do? Is there a new property of gold for a weapon or something? Other than that I would love to hear more about it. Do you have any drawings on photobucket or deviant art?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:55 pm
Yes it is. ^-^

Ok, let's see...
1. Well, the government also fights with teens. So there's the adults, and send the teens to do the work. Teens vs. teens. They have various battles. Once the final battle comes, with all of the gold collected, you know how bad guys are. They want the good guys to see how it feels like to lose. Once it's known that they need to collect all of the gold from all of the planets, the bad guys crumble apart. They just can't accept that all of their life's work was for nothing, and they've lost the trust of the people. During this, I suppose the good guys get away.

2. I'm still working that out. A weapon is a good idea for that...

Ahh, nice questions. That second one helped me with the plot a little more. Thank you.

I'll be sure to tell you more when I get more of it going. ^-^
Unfortunetly no. I wish I did. Sorry about that.

Everlasting Sasori

Evan_or_L
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:02 pm
No problem about the drawings. As for the plot that's interesting. The teens that work for the government could be the kids in high school who always make straight A's. Whatever the case, I like it. As for the gold, there's a possibility that since the supply would go up so much, maybe the value of the money from the other countries, backed up on gold, would be drastically lowered. Just a thought. I like it, though. It's cool.  
theory and thoughts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff