Welcome to Gaia! ::

Crime & Investigation Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those interested in crime, criminology and forensic science. 

Tags: murder, criminal, forensics, serial killers, crime 

Reply theory and thoughts
LOGICAL PUZZLES Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Evan_or_L
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:10 pm
Ok, I'm not sure how to make these very well but, a logic puzzle is a puzzle that contains information within the description, that is relevant to the answer. There should only be one answer. Here is an example:

Two men were hiking in the woods and got lost. One man, starved and desperate, killed the second man and devoured the body. Upon finding society, he never told anyone that he killed the other and continued living his daily life. What was the killer's name?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:17 pm
This might sound dumb, but is his name Starved?
=w=;;

(Thanks for asking me to join this guild too!)

Everlasting Sasori

Everlasting Sasori

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:18 pm
Ohh, I found a good one!:

How can you throw a ball as hard as you can and have it come back to you, even if it doesn't bounce off anything? There is nothing attached to it, and no one else catches or throws it back to you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:08 pm
1.) His name isn't starving unfortunately sweatdrop I'll give two more guesses.

2.) I'll wager that you throw the ball up.  

Evan_or_L
Captain

Everlasting Sasori

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:43 pm
Two more guesses eh? Ugh, I'm bad at these...
Ok, first guess: Society?
Second guess: Canibal?
Yeah, I lose...

As for my riddle, you got it right!~

Here's a more challenging one:
Your last good ping-pong ball fell down into a narrow metal pipe imbedded in concrete one foot deep.
How can you get it out undamaged, if all the tools you have are your tennis paddle, your shoe-laces, and your plastic water bottle, which does not fit into the pipe?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:11 am
1.) I'd have to guess that you'd use the water bottle to fill water in the pipe. (I just heard that one like five days ago.)

2.) The other answers aren't correct I'm afraid. The real answer is: The man's name is Evan. He never told anyone about his crime. This means that only he would know about his crimes. Only he could tell that story.  

Evan_or_L
Captain

Everlasting Sasori

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:23 pm
Yep, dang you're good! Here's a more challenging one then:
A man who lives on the tenth floor takes the elevator down to the first floor every morning and goes to work. In the evening, when he comes back; on a rainy day, or if there are other people in the elevator, he goes to his floor directly. Otherwise, he goes to the seventh floor and walks up three flights of stairs to his apartment.
Can you explain why?

Dang, that was a good one! Can you give me another to try?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:38 pm
1.) My dad told me that one when I was little. ^^ the man was too short to reach any of the switches over 7. He could press one though since it was at the bottom. Thanks, I almost forgot this one.

2.) Another riddle? Alright. I won't lie, this one stumped me.

A man was found dead. There were 53 bicycles near him. He was not struck by a bicycle. How and why did the man die?  

Evan_or_L
Captain

Everlasting Sasori

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:41 pm
^-^
Your welcome. Man, you're taking everything I throw at you.

Did it? It's stumping me too. ^-^;;
All I can think of is some sort of athlete race, and maybe they trampled him for being in the way...?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:45 pm
Thank you, you're too kind. Now as for that riddle, I'll give you a few hints.

-It's bicycles not bikes.
-one bicycle is on him, but the others are in front of him.
-he was not hit, trampled, or run over.
-53 is the magic number.  

Evan_or_L
Captain

Everlasting Sasori

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:59 pm
Does this have to do with cards by any chance?
(I think I've got it!)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:07 pm
Well son of a gun, that's exactly what's involved.  

Evan_or_L
Captain

Everlasting Sasori

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:20 pm
Yaay!~
Although, there's supposed to be 52 cards...
So maybe two guys were playing each other, one guy found out the other was cheating with an extra card and killed him.
Is that what happened, or something like that?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:23 pm
Precisely. I'm impressed. 3nodding biggrin  

Evan_or_L
Captain

Everlasting Sasori

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:47 pm
Ehh, you shouldn't be. By chance, when I was pondering the answer, my little brother asked me to play cards with him, and they were the Bicycle cards. If that hadn't happened, I would've never thought of it. (Haven't played cards in years...)
=w=;;

Here's a riddle for you:
You've been sentenced to death in an obscure foreign country which has a strange law. Before the sentence is carried out, two papers -- one with "LIFE" written on it and one with "DEATH" written on it -- are folded up and placed in a hat. You are permitted to pick out one of the papers (without looking), and if you choose the one with "LIFE" written on it, you are set free. Otherwise, the death sentence is carried out. On this occasion, a mean-spirited acquaintenance of yours, bent on your demise, has substituted the paper with "LIFE" written on it with another one with "DEATH" written on it. This person gleefully informs you of what he has done and that you are doomed to die. You are not permitted to speak to anyone about this misdeed, nor will you have a chance to switch the papers or the hat yourself in time. How will you avoid certain death?

theory and thoughts

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff