I have lost all faith in Gaia Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:29 pm
Remember that little bit of faith I used to have in Gaia? That it wasn't entirely catering to a bunch of tweens and teenagers? That it may, someday, go back to the days of old?

Well, I just lost it.

Apparently, Gaia thinks that creating massive numbers of spam threads about a single topic means that topic MUST be massively popular.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:40 pm
*shakes head*  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

AINGELPROJECT667

Shy Lunatic

5,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Trader 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:11 pm
That's just...sad.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:12 pm
This is a good idea. If you get those faggots all together discussing all their f*****t bullshit there you are less likely to have to endure it in whatever main forum you use.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

CapitalistPleb

Thirteenth Capitalist

7,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:46 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
This is a good idea. If you get those faggots all together discussing all their f*****t bullshit there you are less likely to have to endure it in whatever main forum you use.

good point  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:46 am
Das Rabble Rouser
If only that were the reason these Forums were created. They were created not to contain the spam, but because the ******** that run Gaia believe that those threads meant said topics were actually popular.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:19 am
Requiem in Mortis
Das Rabble Rouser
If only that were the reason these Forums were created. They were created not to contain the spam, but because the ******** that run Gaia believe that those threads meant said topics were actually popular.

Well, we can only hope then.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:45 am
Quote:
....dedicated to whatever's making news, from big events happening in the world...
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

and here i was thinking it would be things that are makeing real news or are actually big events affecting people's lives xd xd xd xd

so yeah, 5 new chatterbox's with a target to flame... good times...  

Maddness91

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:07 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Das Rabble Rouser
Even if that was not the reason it was created for it's still a beneficial effect.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:36 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Das Rabble Rouser
They are. neutral

Sure, a lot of people hate them, but that's partly because a lot of people like them. Do you think Twilight would have been hated by so many people if a lot of people didn't like it, and it just rotted in the back of the fiction sections in Barns & Noble?  

Mr Savoy

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:04 pm
Mr Savoy
Requiem in Mortis
Das Rabble Rouser
They are. neutral

Sure, a lot of people hate them, but that's partly because a lot of people like them. Do you think Twilight would have been hated by so many people if a lot of people didn't like it, and it just rotted in the back of the fiction sections in Barns & Noble?
The reason it's so hated is because of the actions of so many fans. A lot of people like baseball, but how many fans go around acting like such faggots? If they just liked Twilight and acted like normal people it wouldn't be such an issue.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:27 pm
I've been wandering the various Lost threads and am glad the management has the 'wisdom' to gather this all into one 'popularity' district.

I'm also in the first camp where giving the noobs a ghetto they can call their own is better than letting them wander loose. Free range noobs get on my nerves far faster than those in their native environment.

And by giving the 'popular' topics a specific place, they can also be closed and locked once the power of popularity has died.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:42 pm
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed,
but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance...

Rouser, I'm sensing en masse proxy spam.
That's probably not a good idea, buddy.
[Do it.]

... In Switzerland they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years
of democracy and peace, what did they produce? The cuckoo clock.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:54 pm
Chivalric Knight
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed,
but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance...

Rouser, I'm sensing en masse proxy spam.
That's probably not a good idea, buddy.
[Do it.]

... In Switzerland they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years
of democracy and peace, what did they produce? The cuckoo clock.
If you're suggesting it that sounds fun but is against TOS. If you are implying you think that's what I'm doing I'm not.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:03 am
Das Rabble Rouser
Mr Savoy
Requiem in Mortis
Das Rabble Rouser
They are. neutral

The reason it's so hated is because of the actions of so many fans. A lot of people like baseball, but how many fans go around acting like such faggots? If they just liked Twilight and acted like normal people it wouldn't be such an issue.
And soccer...?  
Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces