Welcome to Gaia! ::

Crime & Investigation Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those interested in crime, criminology and forensic science. 

Tags: murder, criminal, forensics, serial killers, crime 

Reply Real Crime And Justice Discussion
Crime scene reconstruction Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Evan_or_L
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:44 pm
For the more crime obsessed and possible police, detective, or criminal-based people can reconstruct crime scenes. Usually someone will describe a crime scene and the others will try to guess what happens. When creating a crime scene make sure to have a clear cut answer of what actually happened. Make sure to include all details of the crime. It can be burglary, arson, muder, rape, or any other crime. (Pg-13 of course) This is similar to CSI miami stuff. People who are trying to guess what happened are allowed to ask questions. I can make scenes if you want. just tell me.

Have fun ^^

Let's use an example. The crime scene is in the library, a couple books are scattered in a pool of blood where a body is lying. It had a hole in the back and the face was terrified with flared nostrils.He was laying belly down. There were no lacerations and no markings on the wrist. The murder took place at night. The safe was open. What is your guess?

Acceptable questions: Did the victim work there? Is the money gone? Was there camera footage? Was the door damaged? Was he outside?

Unacceptable questions: Did he run and get shot? Did he get killed? Was the person stupid? Was he a hooker? (There is no reason to draw these conclusions.)

Acceptable answer: The librarian was locking up and a two robbers demanded money, The librarian unlocked the safe and as the robbers started to leave, the Librarian tried to run and got shot in the back. He grabbed books as he fell.

Unacceptable answer: Get got stabbed running through the library when he tripped on a book mark. (Doesn't explain safe. doesn't explain the hole shaped wound. Doesn't explain fear.)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:15 pm
Here's the first crime scene and this is the easiest I can think of:

A young man is found. A skateboard is found ten feet away. His skull is cracked and there are glass bottle shards on the ground. Eye witnesses said that they saw a young boy hurrying in frantic he's gonna live but he isn't allowing visitors for days. Your job is to guess how the boy was injured and why he was rushing.  

Evan_or_L
Captain

DarkChevalierAngel
Vice Captain

Versatile Businesswoman

2,850 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:25 pm
My guess was that he bought some kind of drink she shouldn't have and he drunk it. He was intoxicated and tripped on his skate board, falling and craking his skull  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:19 pm
That's rather close. I'll give you another hint. I suppose I should've mentioned it earlier. It was night time.  

Evan_or_L
Captain

Evan_or_L
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:56 am
If anyone wants another one, here it is.

A man was found bleeding on the sidewalk dead. He had no lacerations but bones were cracked and people did report screaming from around the time the autopsy portrayed him dying by massive trauma to the head. The time of the day isn't relevant to the investigation. He did have money and was on a business trip. Your job is to find out how he died.

As for the other one, the answer is that he was coming home drunk from a party. He noticed the curfiew and tried to roller home when he tripped a curb and dropped his bottle. He was on a hill and the skateboard stopped until it touched a building.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:27 am
Evan_or_L
That's rather close. I'll give you another hint. I suppose I should've mentioned it earlier. It was night time.

The kid was drinking, skating in the middle of the road in the dark and got hit by a car because he couldn't move out of the way due to delayed reaction time. Just a guess but I've seen it before so it makes sense..

XP Wow I wish I'd read the other one before I posted this...  

Criminal Innocence
Crew

Evan_or_L
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:50 am
Thanks for the posts! alright I'll try to make crimes with more evidence so that the crimes have less possibility.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:03 pm
The 1st one was cleverly obvious....the 2nd one....hmm, it's a litlle harder......  

DarkChevalierAngel
Vice Captain

Versatile Businesswoman

2,850 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Evan_or_L
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:33 pm
Got any ideas? The trauma and shock is very important to his death.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:14 am
Trauma and shock.. Hmm. Did something happen that caused him to strike his head on the ground?

At the moment, I'm thinking possibly a car accident, but there isn't any corroborating evidence to suggest a car.
The money makes me think he was possibly robbed, but does he still have the money with him?
Maybe some sort of medical condition? Did he have a fit and collapsed?

He didn't fall out of a plane on the way to his business trip did he? xd  

Annie Anthrax
Vice Captain

Evan_or_L
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:37 pm
A car was not involved. His money was in his hotel room. He was a healthy individual. He did not fall out of a plane. Although I will say that you are on the right track of thinking with three of your comments.

Hint: Most men take their wallets when they go out.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:07 am
Oh, did he fall out of his hotel room?  

Annie Anthrax
Vice Captain

Evan_or_L
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:48 pm
Yes. He was pushed. Congrats!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:56 pm
Bwahaha! Elementary. -_Q  

Annie Anthrax
Vice Captain

Evan_or_L
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:22 pm
Dear Watson. Lol
Yeah, he was pushed out of his window. the way to draw that conclusion is that most peope who commit suicide by falling don't scream. It is a possibility that he tripped but that would be a terrible story to tell.  
Real Crime And Justice Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff