Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
what do you think about other religions Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Unexpected Angel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:32 am
Okay me and my brother's were talking about religions for some reason i don't know, but anyway we were talking about what we think about the different religions. anyway what do you think of other religions  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:52 am
I don't really think about other religions. Only in the context of discussing my own path.
I do sometimes have cause to consider Christianity because of my family but that's about as far asit goes.  

doistu

Fieoras

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:23 am
I honestly get sick and tired about hearing about 'the almighty god' in christianality and I don't like it when people try to force their beliefs on others eithers. But I usually don't talk about my path with others unless we're close and believe the same thing or close to it. Because I don't want to hear about it, so I doubt they want to hear it either.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:04 am
Depends on the religion and people representing/misrepresenting it. In M&R, I'm confronted with a wide variety of different religions. It's nice to discuss religion in a civil manner because it helps me understand my religion better.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

bobkitty1123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:52 pm
Mary-Lynnette_Redfern
I honestly get sick and tired about hearing about 'the almighty god' in christianality and I don't like it when people try to force their beliefs on others eithers. But I usually don't talk about my path with others unless we're close and believe the same thing or close to it. Because I don't want to hear about it, so I doubt they want to hear it either.

Agreed. I'm fine with other religions as long as they don't shove their beliefs down my throat. I literally chase the jehovah witnesses off my lawn. I don't hate them or anything but the way they go door to door trying to save my soul or recruit me into their church i do dislike. If i am not there already, I am not going to be. And I am not saying they are the only ones going door-to-door but I'll stop now...lol  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:06 pm
I don't mind the Jehovas because if they don't do that they don't get into heaven.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:25 am
I’ll erase this feeling…
I still have a long life don’t I?
kono omoi wo keshiteshimau ni ha
mada jinsei nagai deshou?
I really don't mind talking about Christianity or other religions. It's actually sorta enlightening in a way. I just don't like it when people misrepresent religions and or demonize them completely.
I’m missing the feeling…
so this pain is also welcomed!
natsukashiku naru
konna itami mo kangeijan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:53 pm
My opinion is, if it rings true to you then go for it, if it works for you go for,do not judge me or preach to me.

I really am open to others I honestly dont care what my
co-workers,friends,family,ect. believe because to me its their personal decision and realigion is a personal decision. Im happy being pagan but someone else maybe happy being jewish,buddist,muslim,ect. If it works for them and their happy thats great. heart  

citrusrose

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:26 am
I think it is interesting to discuss belief and religion with people who's views differ with my own, as long as they are willing to have a level headed discussion and don't get offended because I don't share their beliefs.

I have some very good and close friends who are devout Christians. It doesn't bother me at all.

What does bother me is when someone gets all 'holier than thou' on me and doesn't even know the basic tenants of their OWN faith. I absolutely can't stand it when someone who claims Christian wants to berate me for not being Christian...and then I come to find out that they haven't even read the Bible...that just irks me no end.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:17 am
I tend not to talk about my religion a lot. I'm sick of the stereotypes and racism- and I've found pagans and Christians to be equally annoying about it.

Most of the pagans I have talked to about it make all kinds of stupid assumptions and start babbling about curses and "black magic". Most of the Christians I've talked to have just been dismissive.

My friends- regardless of their religion, have been supportive though.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Arabimitore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:02 am
I love speaking about other religions with people, just not my family. My parents are christian in the way that they are so closed off they believe that paganism is totally against their god, yet other religions aren't. They'd prefer me be a Buddhist than a pagan, which is sad. But I accept and love everyone's religious differences.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:07 pm
I have to deal with my mother's fluffy cross between Christianity and (her version of) "Wicca," my aunt's "everyone should be Buddhist, it just makes sense," my dad's belief that when he's high he can make things happen (claims he's a "warlock"), my uncle's fluffy "Wicca," my boyfriend's "I'm atheist but I'm still blaming a god," and my grandparents' rampaging Christianity.

It's so fun.

Lets put all the leaders of all religions in the same room and let them have a think-tank session. It would be interesting.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

SzayelChan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:21 am
well i think other religions matter but i hate it when people of one religion have to say oh your going to hell for this a dn that you should follow our god.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:29 pm
Fieoras
Pretty much this.  

Talesofbiro

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:45 pm
I respect every religion, and the person who's following it.

I'm open to talk about it with them, and to give my own opinion.  
*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games