Welcome to Gaia! ::

Art for Art's Sake

Back to Guilds

A guild for both Digital Artists and Traditional Artists, to show off what they love. Art. 

Tags: Digital Art, Vector, Traditional Art, Drawing, Photography 

Reply Art for Arts Sake
What's your Medium?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FuzzyBunniFooFoo
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:54 am
User Image

I work with mainly digital mediums. I am very impatient and if I screw one thing up I really hate myself until I fix it. I also get really bored if I have to sit down and work on one thing for a while, digital seems to keep my interest because you can change what you do as you work with it, I want that sprinkle green and that heart orange.

I started with photo-manipulation, or rather, laying textures and brushes over another image and playing with the layer properties. It can be an effective tool when used properly. When I found vector art I realized photo-manipulation was really not for me anymore. I started free hand, then traced from photographs and I have moved into making vectors off of drawings. I'm still having that from drawing to vector problem with a lot of my work.

I find that I seem to spark more creative energy when I switch mediums. I'm currently taking a traditional drawing class in school and we used conte crayons which are absolutely one of my new favorites. I also applied the ideas from that to working with highlighter and thin sharpies. It always opens something artistically for me when I start a new medium or when I see something in a new medium I haven't yet explored.

I think though that my favorite medium by far is the more physical mediums like arts and crafts. I am completely serious, I love paper mache, and designing things with cut paper. I like the shapes and textures found in everyday things like bottles and flowers.It's all very enticing to me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:19 am
I mostly do hand drawn sketches, I also mess with photos. I have a knack for that last one.  

HalberdsPlight

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:25 pm
I have an A3 sketchbook that's yet to be drawn in, it was meant to be for my work in art but we ended up getting sketchbooks for free, so I'm mainly going to do hand-drawn art.

I used to like doing photography, but there's not really much to photograph around my area unless you include people that will kill you if you press the button.

I also really like messing with photos, I only have paint.net though, it's nowhere near photoshop, but hey it's better than paint.
I might get a tablet when I get good at hand drawing.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:34 pm
i use a tablet when i do art for gaiaonline x)
but i mostly paint and use pens.  

Aiole

Dapper Dabbler

NicolettisStudent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:50 pm
I draw tribal art....I use sharpies, or just black markers....I make intricate designs....My hopes are to become a tattoo designer some day, I love tribal because there is no shading or proprtion involved...Just shapes...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:59 pm
For digital art, I always use photoshop for my digital works but I'm thinking about switching programs. Tablet and mouse for me. I still like using mouse. lol.

As for traditional, I like using different kinds in one piece depending one how I want my work to turn out. Something like pencils, pens, crayon, colored pencils, watercolor, acrylic, oils and poster paints. I'm also open to any other mediums like coffee. lol. Coffee really makes a nice vintage look. heart  

castlefaire

Lonely Fairy

12,300 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Sozaku Nixe

Tipsy Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:37 pm
-

I'm more of a pen and marker person :3, but I sometimes use watercolor for cool drippy effects XD.

I do enjoy some other mediums but I'm not very good at them so they aren't something I use a lot. Example: oil paints, colored pencils, charcoal, graphite and anything else I can get my hands on. I love to experiment. I'm really into traditional mediums but I do wish I was better with color on photoshop sad

-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:04 pm
I mainly do sketches now adays i seem to no longer have the patience to color using photoshop. I also enjoy using paint to make pixellates and animating them to do things such as thiss:

User Image  

Kiwu

Beloved Lunatic

scelestic

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:01 pm
I work with glass & I am a photographer. Glass I am pretty new at but photography I have been working with for 8 years.  
Art for Arts Sake

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games