Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:35 am
Zahi was in a sour mood. When was he not, though? This time it was in regards to the issue that had stirred up the house a few days ago; a visitor that was less than welcomed, and chased out with the thread of death. It was a well deserved punishment for one that blatantly tried to take the Lady and attacked the Lord; still, for the normally quiet house, it had shifted the emotions in the Lord and Lady, and things weren't going as well as they had been.

Still, life went on, and Zahi depended on Izimbali to have the house contnue to run smoothly, if a little stiffly at the moment. He awaited his arrival, ready to hear if there was anything different going on in the house, or anything that Zahi needed to know about personally.

((for me when I get on my desktop, need a saving spot. XD))
http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae122/SkyeSoABucket/Tianxia/xAkasha1cub.png
http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae122/SkyeSoABucket/Tianxia/xAkasha2cub.png
http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae122/SkyeSoABucket/Familiars/bitesize.png  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:44 am
If it's not one thing it's another. Those words had put themselves on repeat in Izimbali's head as he'd paced while trying to sort through other bits of choice information. It was his duty, one of many actually, to report the goings on of the West House to Zahi. Normally this wasn't much, but lately...

Lately quite a bit had been happening, leaving him momentarily elated that some things were kept within their families while other things were being whispered about through the whole House. Tension was high enough and yet here he was sitting on something that could, quite possibly, make things worse.

"Gods help us..." He muttered softly to himself as he finally put an end to his pacing, heading through the brush towards where he usually met with the Lord of the West House for their daily 'catch up' session. Maybe if he was lucky Zahi wouldn't be in all that bad of a mood...

It was a good thing he rarely relied on luck.

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:01 am
Zahi watched Mbali approach, studying his features. Sometimes he would be able to get a hint as to what might happen, but for the moment he couldn't quite glean anything. Hmph, well, he would be told soon what was up.

"Mbali" he grunted with a nod. "I hope there isn't anything too new to report today." He was expecting to hear something regarding that b*****d that had tried to turn his world inside out a few days ago, and he was hoping that he'd either come back dead, or alive so Zahi would do it himself. As a Lord, Zahi had told Mio that he wouldn't kill anyone anymore, but the anger that he felt towards that teal lion was something he couldn't ignore.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:18 am
He didn't hesitate at the question, unlike he might have were he in front of his mother. He had learned (rather quickly) that hesitation in front of the elder male did nothing good. Besides, there really wasn't anything too new. Nothing troubling, at least. Right?

Right.

He assumed the general almost bored stance that he took when things were 'as usual', pausing for the briefest of moments before continuing with the evening report. "Nothing beyond the usual, Sir. The House is secure and all are accounted for. The night was quiet enough, almost to the point of being dull from what I'd gathered. We've upped our surveillance at the borders, as requested, and you will be the first to hear if there's anything out of the usual..."

Nodding slowly he let his words drift off before adding on something that certainly was of little importance to Zahi... Especially when he had other things to worry about. "... Oh, and Royal Guardsmen Akasha is expecting."

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:25 am
Zahi was preoccupied with the fact that Rhy still hadn't been caught. It was apparent that he had been able to get outside of their borders, and if he seeked refuge within another house, there was probably no way in Zahi getting his claws on him again. "Damnit," he grumbled. Nia probably helped him escape, since their relationship was fairly obvious. Zahi couldn't do anything to the lady-in-waiting, though, for Mio would only get in the way of that. He didn't want to strain their relationship any further than it was at this point in time. In fact-

"Wait, what?" That b***h was having children and didn't even have the decency to ask him about it. She would be out of service for a while, as a female heavy with cubs was useless until they were out of her. He snarled, looking quite frustrated. He narrowed his eyes on Mbali, but quickly pulled them away to look through the trees, debating on what to do.

"So this is her payback, huh?" he snarled, knowing that he couldn't do anything about it, but hating her. WHat was her plan? She never did anything that imposing without having a plan for it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:35 am
Izimbali braced himself for whatever blow might follow the 'What?', determined to be prepared for it be it physical or verbal. What came wasn't nearly as bad as he had expected, although he knew that was little reason to let his guard down. Especially when the delicate dance of calming the Lord down had just now begun.

"I would blame mothering instincts kicking in from spending time around my own cubs, but..." Mbali knew his mother better than that, though. He knew her much better than that, enough that he had paused to question what was going on through Akasha's head as well.

"Perhaps it's just something she needs to get out of her system?" Hopeful. It was an angle he would at least try to play for the moment.

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:41 am
"Oh yeah, get it out of her system," he snorted. He knew that witch well enough to know that it wasn't as simple as that. "I probably should have ripped it out of her system long ago. She knew that she had blown her chance at ever getting Captain, so she thinks she's just going to extract her little revenge on me, hm?" Ohhhh boy, Zahi was fuming at this.

He looked over at Mbali again. "You have any idea what little plan she's got in her mind now?" What horrible plan that probably wasn't thought out all the way. Oh, she never thought anything out right, and that was how she blew her chance. Zahi knew that he should fill that position soon, but dangling it over Akasha's head had always been entertaining. Now it was just infuriated him, as it came around to bite him.

Probably the reason that Zahi hated her so much was because the two of them were just so damn alike.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:50 am
"Akasha does know that the title of Captain is one that she will never attain, sir. That much she did confide in me. Beyond that?" He shook his head, thick mane swaying as he did so. His mother's mind was rarely something that he wanted to take that deep of a glimpse into, especially when she was scheming. It was so much easier to claim ignorance when he truly knew nothing of her plans...

"As their elder brother I may be able to influence her youngsters some..." If Akasha heard him say that she would likely lunge at him, but he would say almost anything at the moment to get Zahi to calm down a bit. "... And with her strength, and the right training, I am certain they will be wonderful assets to the West House. Children are impressionable, after all."

Never mind that just how impressionable his soon-to-be siblings were could be reason for worry as well. Gods.

"May I speak freely my opinion on the matter, Sir?"

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:01 pm
Zahi scowled. Just why had she kept her here in the first place? As his eyes once again landed on Mbali, his spirits sank. If he didn't have this male as his Chamberlain, he would have been screwed a long time ago. Could one hope that the new brats coming would be something like him? An idea struck him, right after Mbali had mentioned it himself.

"Yeees," he said with a sly grin, a twinkle in his eye. If she wanted to plot against him, he could certainly do the same to her. "Keep an eye on them, Mbali. Make sure they aren't getting to be too much. I trust your judgement on that. I don't need her to think she can undermine me." Zahi could only view this move as revenge, and he was stubbornly still transfixed on this idea.

Still... "Yes, feel free to speak," he answered, wondering what more could be brought to the table.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:17 pm
'Keep an eye on them... Make sure they aren't getting to be too much.'

He would strongly resist the urge to roll his eyes, making a mental note to complain to the trees later that in a House where most of the cubs had been growing steadily since the last big 'cub boom', he was still surrounded by children on a near daily basis... Not that he would ever admit that to his Lord, or to his mother.

"My thoughts on the matter are as follows... Akasha is both strong and loyal, and I am saying both of those things as someone who is expected to observe the inhabitants of the West House, not as her son. She will raise this litter to be no less than she raised her first to be... More, if I know her as well as I believe I do.

Don't let her know that her actions upset you. I am more than certain that is what she expects, which is even more of a reason to not give her what she wants. Watch and wait and see what comes of this next generation. Perhaps you will find yourself pleased with something that the thorn in your side has done?"

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:40 pm
Zahi was so pissed, and every moment he was only getting more angry. Sadly, though, was Mbali said was the truth. The good truth too. "Damn it," he grumbled. "Hard for me to-" he cancelled that thought as soon as it had come. He wanted to say 'anything that came from her,' but Mbali was right in front of him, and that would be counterproductive. She certainly had him cornered at the moment!

"That is what shall be done," he sighed, giving up at the moment. "Thankfully she doesn't spend too much time with me personally, it is going to be hard to hide how I feel about this situation she had put me in." Really hard.

Though, he had to admit. It was impressive that Mbali had the guts to say all of that to his face. +1 in the respect mark for that one.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:46 pm
His brow lofted slightly when Zahi cut himself off, but he didn't question it. If whatever he had been about to say was bad enough that he just didn't say it then Mbali was pretty certain that he was better off knowing. He could accept that easily enough.

Now came the tough part...

He cleared his throat slightly after the silence lingered for a moment, pondering his next words before just coming out with them. "There was one more thing on my agenda this evening, Sir. The Lady Mio asked me to deliver something to you since she assumed I would know exactly where to find you at this time of evening."

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:47 pm
Zahi grumbled. At least everything was do-. Damn it. "What now?" he sighed, hoping to be done so he could go off and mope, every night since Rhy had interrupted their lives. If only his could wring that bastards neck.

His mind promptly stopped as Mbali mentioned Mio. He swirled his head around, his brain following suit and slapping his shoulder when his movement stopped.

"Mio? What is it?" he asked, wondering what it was. They were still on bad terms, and this surprised him.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:53 pm
He had also thought on exactly how he was going to present this, although his thoughts hadn't been nearly as extensive as covering for his mother. Zahi, after all, was less likely to attack him over a gift from his Lady, right?

Taking a deep breath and a few steps back he turned, leaning down to grasp the edge of a leaf with his teeth before pulling it back to reveal a tiny bird. When the little thing didn't move he brought his paw around behind it to scootch the creature forward.

Let it not be said that the bird did not listen to commands. Mbali had told it to 'stay put' and it was.

"Go on." He growled softly at it after releasing the leaf, turning to gauge Zahi's reaction as the bird hopped forward. "This, sir, is what the Lady asked me to present you with."

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:02 pm
He watched curiously, until...

What.

Seriously?

She was going to give him that?!

It was very apparent on his face that he wasn't impressed. The little bird puffed her chest up brightly, and flapped her little wings over to Zahi, looking quite content. It landed on top of his mane quite happily, and nestled itself it.

Zahi was still in shock. "She gave me a snack?!" he growled, still stunned by this....this joke. The little bird chirped in alarm over him calling her a snack, but otherwise reamined quiet.  
[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff