Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Chatterbox/Humor
Scheiße. (A little help here would be grand.)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Variola Major

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:57 pm
I, the dumbass that I am, went into my Windows Vista (C) drive, and ended up deleting all the folders above Program Files. Now I'm having trouble manipulating files and installing stuff. Could one of you guys (somebody who has Vista) go into your C drive, copy all the folders above Program Files, and e-mail them to me at doubtinggeorge@yahoo.com as an attachment? I hope that if I take your copies and put them in my C drive my computer will have the files it needs and I'll be able to reinstall my copy of Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, a game I miss playing very much and want to play badly.

Thanks.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:59 pm
rofl rofl rofl rofl
rofl rofl rofl
rofl rofl
rofl
rofl rofl
rofl rofl rofl
rofl rofl rofl rofl

You should have just deleted system 32.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Variola Major

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:16 am
Das Rabble Rouser
rofl rofl rofl rofl
rofl rofl rofl
rofl rofl
rofl
rofl rofl
rofl rofl rofl
rofl rofl rofl rofl

You should have just deleted system 32.
I don't know what that means.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:04 am
System32 is the heart and soul of modern windows the way MsDOS used to be.

Sorry, can't help you there, the connection won't let me send that much.  

Tier One OPERATOR

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:34 am
I think yahoo has a limit on the file size you can use for an attachment anyway. It would be a better idea to upload it all in a zip file to megaupload or rapidshare or something. Plan B if you have the installation disk for your OS you can try and repair the installation.

Another thought comes to mind. If you download and install Recuva there is a chance you can recover the deleted files if they haven't already been overwritten.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:54 pm
FOOLISH SAMURAI!

Confectionery Pastry

Variola Major

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:58 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
I think yahoo has a limit on the file size you can use for an attachment anyway. It would be a better idea to upload it all in a zip file to megaupload or rapidshare or something. Plan B if you have the installation disk for your OS you can try and repair the installation.

Another thought comes to mind. If you download and install Recuva there is a chance you can recover the deleted files if they haven't already been overwritten.
I never got an installation disk. The OS came preinstalled on my computer. I'll try out Recuva, and if that doesn't work, I'll ask one of you to upload to Megaupload or Rapidshare. Thanks for both ideas.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:31 pm
No problem. No guarantees on recova though. Running disk defragmenter or saving anything to your computer after deleting the files runs a risk of overwriting the files.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Variola Major

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:25 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
No problem. No guarantees on recova though. Running disk defragmenter or saving anything to your computer after deleting the files runs a risk of overwriting the files.
Yea. The files are gone. Can someone upload them? Thanks.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:43 am
Do you have a Vista license code sticker on your computer? If so, I might be able to upload an .iso of the Vista SP1 install disk.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:37 am
Fresnel
Do you have a Vista license code sticker on your computer? If so, I might be able to upload an .iso of the Vista SP1 install disk.
Said iso probably exists on the internet.  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:17 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
Said iso probably exists on the internet.
Were would I likely find this .iso?  

Variola Major

Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces