Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArkRaptor
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:49 pm

User Image

"...Each language ooonly helps me tell you HOW grand you are~"

Okay, you're probably wondering where the heck I'm goin' with these random lyrics.
Allow me to explain.

I've been listening to all the old songs that play on the jukeboxes in Bioshock,
and it got me thinkin'.....what kinda music did they play in Nosgoth?

I mean, as far as I can recall, you never hear any music
being played in any of the towns/cities outside of the game's soundtrack.
What, is Nosgoth fulla music haters, or somethin'?

What kinda music do YOU think they played?
What kinda music do each characters prefer, do you think?

I'm in a musical mood, I apologize~

User Image
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:57 pm

User Image

[[Too lazy to switch to main]]

For some reason, I always imagined it would be like a combination of medieval music and Victorian-esque music, with a bit of dark LoK!Soundtrack flare to it.

I wonder where they are in terms of musical instruments, that would be pretty major in determining what they listen to.

Pianos? Cellos? Lutes, flutes? Organs? A bit of a stretch, but guitars? Acoustic, of course. >.>

User Image

Cadaverous Laceration

Scrab Demon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:01 pm

*peeks back in the guild for a moment*

I remember in BO2 there were gramophones, I think, and it was some really old annoying marching band tune that might have been played during those old timey war features.

I also did a little dance when I heard the same tune in the new Speed Racer movie. :3

But then again, that was just Meridian, during their industrial revolution. I'd imagine the rest of Nosgoth would still be listening to chamber music, and in the case of the really poor/cut off communities, lutes and flutes.

I imagine the really elaborate instruments were reserved for churches and theaters (and the incredibly rich), like organs.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:07 pm

Scrab Demon
*peeks back in the guild for a moment*

I remember in BO2 there were gramophones, I think, and it was some really old annoying marching band tune that might have been played during those old timey war features.

I also did a little dance when I heard the same tune in the new Speed Racer movie. :3

But then again, that was just Meridian, during their industrial revolution. I'd imagine the rest of Nosgoth would still be listening to chamber music, and in the case of the really poor/cut off communities, lutes and flutes.

I imagine the really elaborate instruments were reserved for churches and theaters (and the incredibly rich), like organs.

User Image

Oh yeah! I remember that! You run across 'em
when lookin' for the Nexus Stone!

(also, where did you get that SR VGCats picture? o: )

User Image

ArkRaptor
Crew

Scrab Demon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:10 pm

Here.

It's difficult to find it in the archives because the comic is labeled as WoW, and Razzy only makes a small cameo.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:11 pm

User Image

AWESOME.

Also, I must be getting off to bed.

Farewell, my little moths~

User Image

ArkRaptor
Crew

Scrab Demon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:12 pm

D'aaw. G'nigh Kittty.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:15 pm

User Image

Oh yeah, I remember the gramophones now~

That music was terrible. >>

Though, I think I remember seeing organs in the church when fighting Marcus.

BO2 was always my favorite game in terms of atmosphere. Mostly because places like the wharves and the slums and the upper/lower city are places that feed my inspiration: large, overly-crowded, cramped, poor, yet industrial.

/random

User Image

Cadaverous Laceration

Scrab Demon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:28 pm

Oh ho ho, yes. BO2 has amazing atmosphere.

I especially like the little things and details the shows they put a ton of work into it, like those vampire propaganda posters in the lower city. They're absolutely ridiculous, but they work, which is both sad and funny.

Also: I <3 that conversation between the art enthusiast and that oblivious girl. I think it was in front of the museum or something...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:02 pm

User Image

I need to go back and play that again. Even though a lot of people hate that game, it was the first LoK game I played (Since I was lame and only had an Xbox), so it's full of yummy nostalgia.

I just want to stand around and eavesdrop on conversations, then kill the people and drink their blood as payment of lost health while standing there. >>

<3

User Image

Cadaverous Laceration

Seraphim Skye
Crew

Gambino Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:55 am

User Image

Not sure what kind of music they listened to but I do remember that Zephon's area had a large pipe organ and that certain musical tones can kill vampires...
But that just might be that the humans were terrible musicians and the vampires died because they couldn't bear to listen to it anymore xp

User Image
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:42 am

Scrab Demon
Also: I <3 that conversation between the art enthusiast and that oblivious girl. I think it was in front of the museum or something...

User Image

I LOVE THAT PART. It was in front of the theatre.

That girl had no taste whatsoever. talk2hand

User Image

ArkRaptor
Crew

Bluetabbycat
Crew

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:41 am

Yes, BO2 was amazing for incidental stuff. I would have liked it if they'd done a bit more of that in the other LoK games.

I think they probably would have listened to medieval/renaissance type music. I can't imagine they'd listen to anything too modern or jazzy.

*digs out a gramophone player and puts on a Tenacious D album* xd
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:24 am

Late medieval- early Renaissance most likely would be heard. No synthesizers should be used.

Pianoforte, harp, glockenspiel, flute...

Lieutenant Turel

trash witch

Witch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:56 am

User Image

This thread makes me want to listen to Henry Hall.

I can just image "Hush Hush Hush" being found on a record in some rich Nosgothian's house.

User Image
The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces