Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
What's your Favourite thing about Sims 1,2,3?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iBobby Dillon MULE

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:22 am
Just simply post your Favourite thing about Sims, and say what game it is.

Mine is the building of the Houses. I have Sims 3, and building houses on Sims, makes me want to be an architect sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:30 am
The potential for the whole thing to be a huge soap opera, plus the "breeding" aspect.

babiiiiies~

Atty Miles Edgeworth

Darth Kosher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:38 am
I love the control over the lives.

And I love that no matter how "happy" I try to make my families, something always goes wrong. On average, my families go through four different divorces because I see a cuter sim come along, or my sim gets that want to woohoo with one of their friends.

I also like having the ability to see where I go to work everyday, and all of the different options that can be chosen from (sims 3) plus the extra things you need to do such as work from home, deliever papers, ect.

=)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:27 pm
NightmareBeforeChanukah

And I love that no matter how "happy" I try to make my families, something always goes wrong. On average, my families go through four different divorces because I see a cuter sim come along, or my sim gets that want to woohoo with one of their friends.

I also like having the ability to see where I go to work everyday, and all of the different options that can be chosen from (sims 3) plus the extra things you need to do such as work from home, deliever papers, ect.

=)

Lol, you made me laugh when you said 'a cuter sim come along' lol.
I wish you could see their Work Space 3nodding Instead of looking at a building...

iBobby Dillon MULE

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Darth Kosher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:48 pm
iMr-Irish-Boy-Dillon
NightmareBeforeChanukah

=)

I wish you could see their Work Space 3nodding Instead of looking at a building...

Ahaha. Well, it's the cold, hard truth. XD You gotta keep up with the looks to be part of my family in the Sims. Lol.

Yea, offices would be cool. You know, have your own little cubical or something. I just think that it would take forever to play a full day in the sims though. I really just like fast forwarding through work ,getting the money, and finally starting my day. XD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:27 am
NightmareBeforeChanukah
iMr-Irish-Boy-Dillon
NightmareBeforeChanukah

=)

Ahaha. Well, it's the cold, hard truth. XD You gotta keep up with the looks to be part of my family in the Sims. Lol.

Yea, offices would be cool. You know, have your own little cubical or something. I just think that it would take forever to play a full day in the sims though. I really just like fast forwarding through work ,getting the money, and finally starting my day. XD

Well, I use the Fast Forward #4 when they are in work, in the house, I sometimes keep it at low pace or #2. Recently I've gotten married at the Beach! With NO Priest, which is kinda strange. And the Bride wasn't even the Bride! She was a Goth or something! Because she wore all black...No White...
And My Wife is in for a Suprise, I bought the Gene thing in the Lifetime Rewards, made a baby! And we could Twins or Triplets on the way!

iBobby Dillon MULE

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Darth Kosher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:10 am
iMr-Irish-Boy-Dillon
NightmareBeforeChanukah
iMr-Irish-Boy-Dillon
NightmareBeforeChanukah

=)

Well, I use the Fast Forward #4 when they are in work, in the house, I sometimes keep it at low pace or #2. Recently I've gotten married at the Beach! With NO Priest, which is kinda strange. And the Bride wasn't even the Bride! She was a Goth or something! Because she wore all black...No White...
And My Wife is in for a Suprise, I bought the Gene thing in the Lifetime Rewards, made a baby! And we could Twins or Triplets on the way!

Oh noo.
Haha.
I remember I just recently got married at the Gazzebo (sp? Never have been able to spell that correctly XD). And everything was perfect except that half of the guests showed up in wedding dresses! I was so mad. I need to find some kind of way to change that for the next one.
I used to love getting married in backyards of the house, until this couple that I have, who has a horribly small home and just no enough room for all of those people. Plus, not that much money to really feed them all too.
Ahaha! I love that thing. I hate getting triplets though. They're so annoying. I remember I had this "perfect" household, and they had triplets. Both parents had to quit their jobs to raise the girls properly.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:33 am
NightmareBeforeChanukah
iMr-Irish-Boy-Dillon
NightmareBeforeChanukah
iMr-Irish-Boy-Dillon
NightmareBeforeChanukah

=)

Oh noo.
Haha.
I remember I just recently got married at the Gazzebo (sp? Never have been able to spell that correctly XD). And everything was perfect except that half of the guests showed up in wedding dresses! I was so mad. I need to find some kind of way to change that for the next one.
I used to love getting married in backyards of the house, until this couple that I have, who has a horribly small home and just no enough room for all of those people. Plus, not that much money to really feed them all too.
Ahaha! I love that thing. I hate getting triplets though. They're so annoying. I remember I had this "perfect" household, and they had triplets. Both parents had to quit their jobs to raise the girls properly.

So I'm guessing you had to use the cash cheat then? If they had no jobs?
I use it if I need it really. No other cheats. I just like having all of my stuff in my house, and My house is basically designer lol.

iBobby Dillon MULE

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Madame Royale

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:40 am
I like getting creative, making and decorating houses. ^^

I also like the drama! lol I had to restart my game and my new starter sim had kids with a married man, and then her son had 3 kids with two different women! haha  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:20 am
iMr-Irish-Boy-Dillon
NightmareBeforeChanukah
iMr-Irish-Boy-Dillon
NightmareBeforeChanukah
iMr-Irish-Boy-Dillon
NightmareBeforeChanukah

=)

Oh noo.
Haha.

I use it if I need it really. No other cheats. I just like having all of my stuff in my house, and My house is basically designer lol.

Oh no, no cash cheats for me either.
I sold everything that I wasn't using in the house. Plus, I had a lot of money from their jobs (they were both at the top of their careers). And when one was free to do something, I sent them fishing.
So with a little extra hard work, they were able to pay the bills AND even have enough for a house when the girls get old enough to move out. =)

Darth Kosher

iBobby Dillon MULE

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:47 pm
NightmareBeforeChanukah
iMr-Irish-Boy-Dillon
NightmareBeforeChanukah
iMr-Irish-Boy-Dillon
NightmareBeforeChanukah

Oh noo.
Haha.

I sold everything that I wasn't using in the house. Plus, I had a lot of money from their jobs (they were both at the top of their careers). And when one was free to do something, I sent them fishing.
So with a little extra hard work, they were able to pay the bills AND even have enough for a house when the girls get old enough to move out. =)

I would only use the cheat once or twice, but because it's my game, on my friends laptop, due to Game Memory isn't enough for my computer, I can only play once a month if I'm lucky sweatdrop I've had it since July, and I've only played it about 10 times o.o
If It did work on my computer I would'nt use the cheat.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:03 pm
iMr-Irish-Boy-Dillon
NightmareBeforeChanukah
iMr-Irish-Boy-Dillon
NightmareBeforeChanukah
iMr-Irish-Boy-Dillon
NightmareBeforeChanukah

Oh noo.
Haha.

I would only use the cheat once or twice, but because it's my game, on my friends laptop, due to Game Memory isn't enough for my computer, I can only play once a month if I'm lucky sweatdrop I've had it since July, and I've only played it about 10 times o.o
If It did work on my computer I would'nt use the cheat.

Aw. =( That SUCKS. =/
I'm sorryy... Yea, I used to cheat in every part of that game... but after a while, it just wasn't fun. Lol. So now I do everything the hard way. =)

Darth Kosher

LadyGlamSlam

Inquisitive Romantic

33,025 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:28 pm
blaugh I just noticed that in Sims 3, they brought back the scaring thing. XD I just loved that about Sims 1 and it tickled me pink to see it back for 3. I intentionally made mean sims just to do it. blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:04 pm
Well my favorite thing about The Sims 3 is how advanced and customizable it is.

My favorite thing about The Sims 2 is the ability to make a town from scratch.

My favorite thing about The Sims Life Stories is theres already a story, and the characters, but I can add my own spin on it. Just like fanfiction!

My favorite thing about The Sims is that if you can make girly skins and use them on boys so that two girls can have a baby together...with no mods or cheat codes!

And finally, The Sims Medieval. I love the fact that there are quests!  

pinapplepielady

2,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

bewbcup

Sparkly Raider

7,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:49 pm
My favorite thing about Sims is coming up with stories for the different sims and creating machinima or even blogs documenting their lives in interesting ways. Sims 3 is currently my favorite in the Sims franchise, and I am excitedly awaiting the release of the Sims 4 later this year!  
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games